Gran Turismo 6 announced for PS3. New game engine. Loads of new features.

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

At 11am EST Sony will make a horrible mistake. Gran Turismo 6 will be announced for the PS3. 

Does anyone want this? You know what this means, no GT7 (a real next gen GT) till like 2020. 

Maybe, just maybe its cross gen. 

This site will cover everything http://www.gtplanet.net/. As well as all major game sites.

#2 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

God I hate Sony. 

#3 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

At 11am EST Sony will make a horrible mistake. Gran Turismo 6 will be announced for the PS3. 

Does anyone want this? You know what this means, no GT7 (a real next gen GT) till like 2020. 

Maybe, just maybe its cross gen. 

This site will cover everything http://www.gtplanet.net/. As well as all major game sites.

dvader654

It wont be cross gen. They have Drive Club coming out the same month for the PS4. 

#4 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18452 posts) -
Meh, GT5 was horrible.. Grid 2 will give me my racing fix.
#5 Posted by Nuck81 (6980 posts) -
The even numbered Gran Turismo's are typically more solid games, though they also sell less units.
#6 Posted by F1Lengend (7908 posts) -
Meh, GT5 was horrible.. Grid 2 will give me my racing fix.Rattlesnake_8
Thats disgusting. On-topic, I agree. PS4 or bust, I don't want shitty ports, the PS3 is finished Sony, FINISHED. Release the bloody game on PS4 in 2014 like a smart company would.
#7 Posted by Nuck81 (6980 posts) -
Meh, GT5 was horrible.. Grid 2 will give me my racing fix.Rattlesnake_8
LOL Grid 2 doesn't even have a cockpit view. may as well be Digital only $10 trash
#8 Posted by hippiesanta (10299 posts) -
NOOOO the last of us and Beyond 2 souls suppose to be on PS4
#9 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -
Why are you guys upset that Sony is still supporting their current system? You all act like you gonna drop down cash on launch and nab a PS4. I highly doubt that. I didn't get a PS3 nearly two years after launch and I expect to do the same wit the PS4, so I for one am glad that Sony is still churning out high quality exclusives for the PS3.
#10 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Embargo has been broken. Sony's officially announced it for the PS3 for November.

Sony Computer Entertainment has announced Gran Turismo 6, the latest version of PlayStation's best-selling franchise, will be released in the holiday season, 2013. The news was revealed today by Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi at an event held to celebrate 15 years of the top-selling series.

"GT6 for PlayStation 3 will bring new levels of authenticity to 'the Real Driving Simulator' as well as introducing stunning new tracks and cars and a revised user interface," a press statement read.

"A new compact game engine will improve operation and increase the flexibility to expand it with downloadable content."

The game is also set for connectivity with devices such as smartphones and tablets for social and community functions.

All of the cars and tracks from Gran Turismo 5 will be retained in GT6. But notable additions to the line-up of historic cars, road cars and the latest race cars, brings the total car list to 1200 at launch, with new cars set to be continually added online.

Several thousand aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars, and players can personalise their own custom cars in-game as well.

The UK's Silverstone Circuit will be one of seven new locations in Gran Turismo 6, taking the total to 33, with 71 different layouts available, 19 of them being new.

New tracks are also set to be made available online, while the course maker has also seen improvements.

The press statement confirmed that the GT Academy series, which sees Nissan and Sony team up to find real racing drivers, will be returning.

Other notable partnerships in the development of GT6 have been with tyre manufacturer Yokohama Rubber and suspension company KW Automotive.

"It is amazing to think that it is 15 years since we first released Gran Turismo," explained Kazunori Yamauchi, during the announcement at Silverstone Circuit.

"Things have changed a lot since then and now Gran Turismo 6 is a further evolution of my dream. We're pleased to deliver GT6 to PlayStation 3 as we have a very loyal community on that platform.

F*ck this company. Seriosuly, f*ck them in the ear. 

#11 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Why are you guys upset that Sony is still supporting their current system? You all act like you gonna drop down cash on launch and nab a PS4. I highly doubt that. I didn't get a PS3 nearly two years after launch and I expect to do the same wit the PS4, so I for one am glad that Sony is still churning out high quality exclusives for the PS3.AcidSoldner

Umm yes, we will.

By the time this f*cking game comes out, Sony's CURRENT console would be the PS4. Them not supporting it with their biggest franchises is a f*cking travesty. 

#12 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Why are you guys upset that Sony is still supporting their current system? You all act like you gonna drop down cash on launch and nab a PS4. I highly doubt that. I didn't get a PS3 nearly two years after launch and I expect to do the same wit the PS4, so I for one am glad that Sony is still churning out high quality exclusives for the PS3.AcidSoldner

It's a matter of bigger user base (read: more sales) versus recognizable franchises that push a new system's sales.

If PS4 had BC this wouldn't be such an issue, imo.

#13 Posted by Cyberdot (3928 posts) -

Why are people upset that GT6 won't be on PS4? Don't you realise that Sony's biggest install base is on PS3? They sure as hell aren't gonna release it on a system with 1,000 users. You guys could have used some logic here.

Pretty excited about GT6! It's my favourite racing franchise, so hopefully Polyphony Digital won't mess this one up like they did with GT5. No standard cars please! Oh, and fresh A-Spec events and make sure there's plenty of them.

#14 Posted by Jackc8 (8515 posts) -

I find it hard to believe that anyone could be surprised that Polyphony Digital can't make a game for the PS4 in 3 years when it took them 5 years to make a game for the PS3. 

I think they spent 3 years just making the engine to run on the PS3 and the next 2 creating the remaining content for the game.  Considering they've now had 2 1/2 years, or maybe 3 by the time it will launch (or maybe 4 or 5 lol), just to work on additional content for GT6, it's possible this might be really good.  But after the world-record overhyping job they did with GT5, I'll believe it when I see it and not a moment earlier.

#15 Posted by Amster_G (4329 posts) -

What the hell else can they add to this new Gran Turismo that will make it better than Gran Turismo 5? And for the love of God, why on PlayStation 3?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#17 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (12849 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]Meh, GT5 was horrible.. Grid 2 will give me my racing fix.Nuck81
LOL Grid 2 doesn't even have a cockpit view. may as well be Digital only $10 trash

Dumbest post of the year so far.
#18 Posted by worlock77 (22552 posts) -

So 200 more Honda and Toyota sedan variants?

#19 Posted by Cyberdot (3928 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nuck81"] LOL Grid 2 doesn't even have a cockpit view. may as well be Digital only $10 trashspeedfreak48t5p
Dumbest post of the year so far.

Oh the irony. Did you see what you just posted?

There's really no place in this world for Gran Turismo. Forza is the king now. You lose Sony.

speedfreak48t5p

#20 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
Once again to explain, having this GT come out this year means no next gen GT till FOREVER. Also I am sick of GT5, I want nothing even associated with it. GT6 is clearly GT5 with some add ons. No thanks.
Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#21 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (12849 posts) -

[QUOTE="speedfreak48t5p"][QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"] Dumbest post of the year so far.Cyberdot

Oh the irony. Did you see what you just posted?

There's really no place in this world for Gran Turismo. Forza is the king now. You lose Sony.

speedfreak48t5p

Both posts are facts. The Digital only $10 trash comment was incredibly stupid and insulting to indie developers. And after Forza 4 destroying GT5 in the quality department (800 PS2 cars anyone?) it's clear Gran Turismo is not in top form.
#22 Posted by RandoIphF (271 posts) -
The Forza team turns out games superior in every category to GT5 every two years. Polyphony Digital is a grossly inefficient and tired team. they just need to go away.
#23 Posted by Amster_G (4329 posts) -

In all honesty, even though I haven't had an Xbox 360 in about 2 or 3 years and only had a PS3 (with Gran Turismo 5), I kinda wish I played Forza. Never got a chance :( Gran Turismo 5 in my personal opinion was overhyped. All dem PS2 cars...

#24 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Live blog

http://embed.scribblelive.com/Embed/v5.aspx?Id=105099

#25 Posted by MonoSilver (1392 posts) -
Wow there's some real blind hate in this thread and I cannot understand why. Do you lot really want Sony to stop supporting the PS3 the second the PS4 gets announced? It's a good thing that PS3 is getting GT6 and I guarantee that all you whingers will get the game anyway.
#26 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Global sales of GT have exceeded 70 million units.

Almost half of those sales have been in Europe

gt5 has exceeded sales of 10 million units

#27 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
Wow there's some real blind hate in this thread and I cannot understand why. Do you lot really want Sony to stop supporting the PS3 the second the PS4 gets announced? It's a good thing that PS3 is getting GT6 and I guarantee that all you whingers will get the game anyway. MonoSilver
No they can support it all they want, but not with Sony's biggest franchise after a new console is launched which means PS4 wont get GT support till the end of its run. Its stupid. Everyone that wants GT already has GT5, this game will be the same damn thing. Will it sell, yes. Will it help sell PS4s, nope. So its a dumb idea. Maybe if some B team was making GT6 and they were really working on GT7 already then ok. But PD doesn't work like that. This means PS4 is NOT GETTING GT anytime soon. You need your best franchise to sell consoles. They are repeating the mistakes of the PS3.
#28 Posted by MonoSilver (1392 posts) -
[QUOTE="MonoSilver"]Wow there's some real blind hate in this thread and I cannot understand why. Do you lot really want Sony to stop supporting the PS3 the second the PS4 gets announced? It's a good thing that PS3 is getting GT6 and I guarantee that all you whingers will get the game anyway. dvader654
No they can support it all they want, but not with Sony's biggest franchise after a new console is launched which means PS4 wont get GT support till the end of its run. Its stupid. Everyone that wants GT already has GT5, this game will be the same damn thing. Will it sell, yes. Will it help sell PS4s, nope. So its a dumb idea. Maybe if some B team was making GT6 and they were really working on GT7 already then ok. But PD doesn't work like that. This means PS4 is NOT GETTING GT anytime soon. You need your best franchise to sell consoles. They are repeating the mistakes of the PS3.

Erm, how do you know GT6 will be the same as GT5? Also how do you know GT7 will be released towards the end of the life of the PS4? It won't help sell the PS4 because they have other games for it and maybe Sony want to start the console off with some new exclusives.
#29 Posted by RandoIphF (271 posts) -
No they can support it all they want, but not with Sony's biggest franchise after a new console is launched which means PS4 wont get GT support till the end of its run. Its stupid.dvader654
Which only further showcases how grossly inefficient and grossly overrated PD is. The Forza team, in the same timeframe you talk about, will have put out at least three to four titles, and all of them will be superior to GT7. How do I know? The exact same damn thing happened this gen with GT5.
#30 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -

[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"]Why are you guys upset that Sony is still supporting their current system? You all act like you gonna drop down cash on launch and nab a PS4. I highly doubt that. I didn't get a PS3 nearly two years after launch and I expect to do the same wit the PS4, so I for one am glad that Sony is still churning out high quality exclusives for the PS3.S0lidSnake

Umm yes, we will.

By the time this f*cking game comes out, Sony's CURRENT console would be the PS4. Them not supporting it with their biggest franchises is a f*cking travesty. 

So basically you're saying they should shaft the current user base that has supported them since 2006 in favor of the PS4? I'm all down for more PS4 games from Sony but completely alienating an entire consumer base is bad business and a dick move.

Sony supported the PS2 quite a bit after the PS3 launched and I expect them to do the same with the launch of the PS4.

List of great PS2 game released after November 6, 2006 (PS3 Launch):
Yakuza 2 (2008)
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (2007)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 (2008)
God of War 2 (2007)
GrimGrimoire 2007)
Manhunt 2 (2007)
Odin Sphere (2007)

#31 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"][QUOTE="MonoSilver"]Wow there's some real blind hate in this thread and I cannot understand why. Do you lot really want Sony to stop supporting the PS3 the second the PS4 gets announced? It's a good thing that PS3 is getting GT6 and I guarantee that all you whingers will get the game anyway. MonoSilver

Erm, how do you know GT6 will be the same as GT5? Also how do you know GT7 will be released towards the end of the life of the PS4? It won't help sell the PS4 because they have other games for it and maybe Sony want to start the console off with some new exclusives.

So you think PD which took like 5 years to make a game that has mostly PS2 model cars is going to magically get their act together and make a proper next gen GT game in like 2 years????

All the evidence points against it.

How do I know it will be like GT5, just look at the press release. All the cars from GT5 and all the tracks are included, just with new stuff added on. You know they didnt create a whole new engine to run the game. The DNA of GT6 is completely GT5.

#32 Posted by Grieverr (2835 posts) -

I'm not excited about these news, either. But don't forget PS4 is getting Drive Club. That may well be the GT killer, if the gameplay and social aspects turn out well.

#33 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"]Why are you guys upset that Sony is still supporting their current system? You all act like you gonna drop down cash on launch and nab a PS4. I highly doubt that. I didn't get a PS3 nearly two years after launch and I expect to do the same wit the PS4, so I for one am glad that Sony is still churning out high quality exclusives for the PS3.AcidSoldner

Umm yes, we will.

So basically you're saying they should shaft the current user base that has supported them since 2006 in favor of the PS4? I'm all down for more PS4 games from Sony but completely alienating an entire consumer base is bad business and a dick move.

Sony supported the PS2 quite a bit after the PS3 launched and I expect them to do the same with the launch of the PS4.

Yakuza 2 (2008)
God of War 2 (2007)
GrimGrimoire 2007)
Manhunt 2 (2007)
Odin Sphere (2007)

PD is not the only Sony dev. They will have plenty of PS3 support going forward but they can only have ONE GT at a time and having it wasted on a system that is done is stupid.

And I would hope Sony fans wouldnt want the cash grab sequel. What exactly is GT6 going to give you other than more GT5ish GT?  Why do you want more GT from this generation?

#34 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -
I get the business reasons behind this decision. That being said, Sony's Japanese studios are going to be even further behind next-gen than they were this gen. It is at a point where I don't really care about anything coming from their studios in Japan. I can't wait for The Last Guardian to come out on PS3 in 2016.
#35 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

"The code has been reworked."

Ok lets see what this means.

#36 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"]No they can support it all they want, but not with Sony's biggest franchise after a new console is launched which means PS4 wont get GT support till the end of its run. Its stupid.RandoIphF
Which only further showcases how grossly inefficient and grossly overrated PD is. The Forza team, in the same timeframe you talk about, will have put out at least three to four titles, and all of them will be superior to GT7. How do I know? The exact same damn thing happened this gen with GT5.

And all of them will sell worse than a single GT will. ;)

Hate on GT all you want, fact is, it's still Sony's biggest "killer-app" that actually makes people go out a get a PlayStation system.

Vita still not having a GT game on it is blowing my mind.

#37 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

NEW PHYSIC ENGINE 
NEW RENDERING ENGINE
TOTALY REWORKED SUSPENSION AND TYRES
TESELATION
Suspension Companies helped a lot PD to model suspension

Ok, this will be PS4 too. Clearly they already created the GT7 engine.

#38 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

"suspension companies have helped significantly in dev of new physics model."

"wow, just saw a comparison of gt6 and gt5 physics. car moves much more naturally through the corner."

"lots of single leaves floating on the track."

#39 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

#40 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -

[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"]

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

Umm yes, we will.

dvader654

Yakuza 2 (2008)
God of War 2 (2007)
GrimGrimoire 2007)
Manhunt 2 (2007)
Odin Sphere (2007)

PD is not the only Sony dev. They will have plenty of PS3 support going forward but they can only have ONE GT at a time and having it wasted on a system that is done is stupid.

And I would hope Sony fans wouldnt want the cash grab sequel. What exactly is GT6 going to give you other than more GT5ish GT?  Why do you want more GT from this generation?

Was God of War 2 a cash grab sequel?

You have to realize a few things before you get your jimmies all rustled up. PD obviously has some development issues with GT5, hence the delays, and are now more familiar with the PS3 hardware. They can churn out a much more complete and polished experience. Having them start R&D with the PS4 all over again wouldn't exactly be the smartest thing to do, they'd have to start from scratch. GT5 is the PS3's best selling game at 10 million units, with an ever increasing PS3 user base, you honestly thinl Sony and PD wouldn't want to tap that market again?

Plus, PD has always had 2 full GT games for each previous generation:
GT, GT2 (PS1)
GT3, GT4 (PS2)

#41 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

Why isn't Sony streaming this?

#42 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"]

[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"]So basically you're saying they should shaft the current user base that has supported them since 2006 in favor of the PS4? I'm all down for more PS4 games from Sony but completely alienating an entire consumer base is bad business and a dick move.

Yakuza 2 (2008)
God of War 2 (2007)
GrimGrimoire 2007)
Manhunt 2 (2007)
Odin Sphere (2007)

AcidSoldner

Was God of War 2 a cash grab sequel?

You have to realize a few things before you get your jimmies all rustled up. PD obviously has some development issues with GT5, hence the delays, and are now more familiar with the PS3 hardware. They can churn out a much more complete and polished experience. Having them start R&D with the PS4 all over again wouldn't exactly be the smartest thing to do, they'd have to start from scratch. GT5 is the PS3's best selling game at 10 million units, with an ever increasing PS3 user base, you honestly thinl Sony and PD wouldn't want to tap that market again?

Plus, PD has always had 2 full GT games for each previous generation:
GT, GT2 (PS1)
GT3, GT4 (PS2)

No GoW is an action adventure game with completely new locations, gameplay additions, new enemies, new story. GT6 literally has GT5 in it, plus a some more cars and tracks. Its not a full game started from scratch.

Well now that we have info it is clear it is a PS4 ready game and it has been upgraded to a whole new engine, so its a different story.

#43 Posted by RandoIphF (271 posts) -
And all of them will sell worse than a single GT will. nameless12345
If you use the appeal to majority, I'll just use the typical Bieber counter, so don't bother. ;)
#44 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

dvader654

Those pics look like something from the PS2 era.

Dynamic changing weather, seasons of the year and real-time day-night shift would be cool tho.

#45 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

new user interface, focuses on quick response and short load times. balances directional key operation and touch operation

"create your own racing series and championships to compete online"

new course maker coming

The details on this are crazy. This is a totally new GT game.

#46 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

Here's a GTA6 video. Looks very impressive.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_1910783.html

#47 Posted by Pedro (28967 posts) -

new user interface, focuses on quick response and short load times. balances directional key operation and touch operation

new course maker coming

dvader654

Are you going to purchase the game on release?

#48 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

Between this, GTAV, Dark Souls 2 and my new laptop, I may wait a while on next-gen. I barely have time to play what I've got.

#49 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"]

new course maker coming

Pedro

Are you going to purchase the game on release?

Not unless it is on PS4.
#50 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]And all of them will sell worse than a single GT will. RandoIphF
If you use the appeal to majority, I'll just use the typical Bieber counter, so don't bother. ;)

I'd rather use something like The Rolling Stones (GT) versus Led Zeppelin (Forza), as an allegory. ;)