qx0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 qx0d
Member since 2018 • 333 Posts

https://www.gameinformer.com/gdc-2019/2019/03/19/google-announces-stadia-a-powerful-new-game-streaming-service

http://time.com/5554601/google-stadia-video-games/

Google CEO Sundar Pichai admits he's not a big gamer, but he's got big plans for gamers around the world. Today Google revealed its new game streaming platform, Stadia, with a stated goal to bring the best games to everyone in the world. "When we say for everyone, we really mean it. It's one of our most cherished values at the company," Pichai says.

Here's everything we know about the platform right now.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4204 Posts

Maybe it’s just me being an old man yelling at the clouds, but I don’t like streaming one bit.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

As long as there isn't a noticeable input lag. I will support it.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

The presentation began with President Sundar Pichai stating "I'm not a big Gamer". .

Wasn't exactly reassuring and really spoke volumes for what transpired in this reveal.

Google certainly told us what we should be excited for, however they didn't really show us. Never addressing latency issues or real concerns. They just told idiots "it works" without actual proof. Also a wifi controller? Are they for real_

When D00M: Eternal was show it suffered from stuttering and pop-ins, ouch.

Stadia seems like a nice modern idea on paper, but something clearly lacking quality or function. The very fact they don't showcase it working to the bullet-point standards hints they are targeting fools.

It's a product for easily persuaded/ gullible buyers willing to burn money for the latest tech craze. Much like 3D televisions and VR headsets. It will not pay off. Not in the near future at least.

The Atari Box is suddenly looking appealing by comparison.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44098 Posts

I greatly prefer owning my games on a physical format and playing them locally on a system that I own. Not only do I prefer it from a collector’s viewpoint but it’s also the best way that gives consumers ownership over the products they purchase. I’m not concerned about the quality of the service so much as I am about having a physical product. I’m fine with it being an option for those who want it but it’s just not something for me so I’ll stick with the physical products for as long as I can.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

I'm pretty sure Google knows this is where everything is heading wit hthe spectator element I think it's so obvious why it could be a thing...

...but I still don't think they quite get the orientation between the machine itself like if this is a streaming based thing why require a machine as well?

I bet they are kinda silently k inda just hee hedging for no real reason and it could be the only flaw in an otherwise stabel plan.