Good MMORPG or RPG recommendations

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fnevaeva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 fnevaeva
Member since 2005 • 617 Posts

I'm looking for an MMORPG or RPG game for either the pc, ps3, origional xbox, gamecube and the ps2. I'm tired of playing the elder scrolls series(although i'm pumped for the MMO coming out next year). I've played Diablo 2 and 3. I just want a fun rpg that goes really in depth with the story. maybe even based off a book series. Help meh

Avatar image for squalls_revival
squalls_revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 squalls_revival
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts

final fantasy X

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Take a look at White Knight Chronicles 2. The first game comes with it.

squalls_revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 squalls_revival

yeah you should actually wait for ffx hd.. so try white knight!

Avatar image for The_Last_Paladi
The_Last_Paladi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Last_Paladi
Member since 2005 • 122 Posts

A game base off of a book series? Try your hands at Witcher I or II.

squalls_revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 squalls_revival

final fantasy 13 is very story driven, tons of reading.. and backround reading, but it is different than the others int he series

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

final fantasy 13 is very story driven, tons of reading.. and backround reading, but it is different than the others int he series

squalls_revival

I enjoy the sory. It does not jump out at you but I like the depth it went.

What about the Baulder's Gate 1 or 2 from gog.com?

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#8 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
last good MMO I played was Guild Wars 2, was a nice change from WoW. For the record, couldnt stand FF13, story was horrible, characters were awful, just didnt like it at all.
squalls_revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 squalls_revival
last good MMO I played was Guild Wars 2, was a nice change from WoW. For the record, couldnt stand FF13, story was horrible, characters were awful, just didnt like it at all.Allicrombie
I disagree, I think you didn't see the truth behind the story. The plot elements, it is very relevant to the world we live in today and I would say it's the FF7 of the 21st century.
siveon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 siveon
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]last good MMO I played was Guild Wars 2, was a nice change from WoW. For the record, couldnt stand FF13, story was horrible, characters were awful, just didnt like it at all.squalls_revival
I disagree, I think you didn't see the truth behind the story. The plot elements, it is very relevant to the world we live in today and I would say it's the FF7 of the 21st century.

Honestly I didn't see the so called truth behind the story. I thought it was a boring game with whiny characters (actually like FF7, IMO.) If you are looking for a Diablo-like RPG OP, I suggest Torchlight 1 & 2. Both are fun in different ways but has a very weak story. If you care the PSP has a good RPG library that attaches to story very well, like Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgaea (it's a comedic story, but it's still interesting to follow.) If you liked the Elder Scrolls games, I would suggest Fallout 3 and NV. Heck get Fallout 1 and 2 as well. And if you ever care, I suggest the DnD RPG's like Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 and you can never go wrong with Planetscape: Torment. Dragon Age: Origins is good, but be wary of it's sequel. I don't remember many good story-driven games (good stories anyway).

squalls_revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 squalls_revival

[QUOTE="squalls_revival"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"]last good MMO I played was Guild Wars 2, was a nice change from WoW. For the record, couldnt stand FF13, story was horrible, characters were awful, just didnt like it at all.siveon

Honestly I didn't see the so called truth behind the story. I thought it was a boring game with whiny characters (actually like FF7, IMO.) If you are looking for a Diablo-like RPG OP, I suggest Torchlight 1 & 2. Both are fun in different ways but has a very weak story. If you care the PSP has a good RPG library that attaches to story very well, like Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgaea (it's a comedic story, but it's still interesting to follow.) If you liked the Elder Scrolls games, I would suggest Fallout 3 and NV. Heck get Fallout 1 and 2 as well. And if you ever care, I suggest the DnD RPG's like Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 and you can never go wrong with Planetscape: Torment. Dragon Age: Origins is good, but be wary of it's sequel. I don't remember many good story-driven games (good stories anyway).

most people who dislike final fantasy games have huge egos and want things they consider "cool". Of course you can't see the beauty in it. I'm sure you don't see any beauty in a sunset as well.
TheLoneMortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheLoneMortal
Member since 2011 • 135 Posts

Honestly I didn't see the so called truth behind the story. I thought it was a boring game with whiny characters (actually like FF7, IMO.) If you are looking for a Diablo-like RPG OP, I suggest Torchlight 1 & 2. Both are fun in different ways but has a very weak story. If you care the PSP has a good RPG library that attaches to story very well, like Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgaea (it's a comedic story, but it's still interesting to follow.) If you liked the Elder Scrolls games, I would suggest Fallout 3 and NV. Heck get Fallout 1 and 2 as well. And if you ever care, I suggest the DnD RPG's like Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 and you can never go wrong with Planetscape: Torment. Dragon Age: Origins is good, but be wary of it's sequel. I don't remember many good story-driven games (good stories anyway).siveon
I second this (Planescape: Torment especially).

A lot of quality RPGs in this post here, fnevaeva.

black_meg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 black_meg
Member since 2012 • 53 Posts
Did you play Skyrim? I heard it's great.
Avatar image for The_Last_Paladi
The_Last_Paladi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The_Last_Paladi
Member since 2005 • 122 Posts

[QUOTE="siveon"]

[QUOTE="squalls_revival"] I disagree, I think you didn't see the truth behind the story. The plot elements, it is very relevant to the world we live in today and I would say it's the FF7 of the 21st century.squalls_revival

most people who dislike final fantasy games have huge egos and want things they consider "cool". Of course you can't see the beauty in it. I'm sure you don't see any beauty in a sunset as well.

Woah there man, you're sound more like a fanatic than a fan. A fan can love a series but see the flaw in it and want to see improvements (thus making the item they are a fan of better in the long run) where a fanatic madly defends that same product, despite its flaws and thus in the long run make that product worst. I loved the Final fantasy series all the way up to 10 (well minus 8, didn't like 8), After that, anyone who has been playing the series for a long time could clearly see that it was going down hill. FFXIII is a prime example of this, and FFXIV (though they're attempting to fix it) just further goes to show just how far this series has fallen.

If you like the story, good on you, but a lot of people (myself included) did not like the story. It also doesn't do good to insult someone by saying silly things like "You didn't know the truth behind the story" and things of that nature. Oh and by the way, even if this WAS the case, (which it was not), a true story writer should be able to deliver his/her story without confusion, so saying something like this would just support the other writer's point even more. It always irks me when people think something is wrong with you or that they're better than you when they like/dislike something you don't. Learn to accept that not everyone will think the way that you do, and instead of trying to put those people down, try looking at it from their point of view, it makes you more intellegent than actually thinking you're smarter than them because they don't share your point of view...

Avatar image for DarKnightBetran
DarKnightBetran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DarKnightBetran
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I could recommend you play Mass Effect or Guild Wars 2.
DeviIHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DeviIHuman
Member since 2012 • 212 Posts

Most of the MMORPG are identical but here is the game that I've enjoy a lot

Cabal Online

cabalonline.jpg

And when AION became free to play I played it too

aion-tower-of-eternity-wings-screenshot-

I just google the screenshot it's not mine lol but seriously this games are quite addicting

Mldnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mldnight
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Games you MUST play or try atleast after elder scrolls and you something to fill that gap are: 1 Dragonage origins (9.5 critic score 9.0 user score, how can you go wrong) last of the old school tactical style rpg with an epic story and ok combat. 2 Torchlight 2 fun online/LAN co-op with friends 3 Kingdoms of Amalur (best action style combat of any rpg i have played) lots of filler quests stick to the main story its long enough :P 4 Dragonage II (not as good as its prequel prepare yourself :)) only get this if you are desperate to see what happens next I am playing through these to keep me entertained between top title RPGs like skyrim plus DLC etc :D also ANY tales JRPG you can play is good. the original 2D tales can be done with emulator and ROM for free. Also Tales series games are available on ps and xbox :). have fun peeps hope i can help bored rpgers out thar :))))))