Gonna be going to college, need to readjust schedule.

Avatar image for gettingonwithgaminglife
GettingonwithGamingLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GettingonwithGamingLife
Member since 2017 • 277 Posts

I play about 15 or more hours a week but I realize that when I head off to college most of my time will be spent studying and then extra curricular activities. I've decided that I can still play a good ten hours a week while studying, that is a good hour a day, three hours on Saturday and two hours on weekends, the rest of the time spent revising and working.

I have read that it is possible to study with games in moderation, an hour a day after a lot of work seems fine and I am willing to work.

What did you do when you were studying?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

My mind has been games are going nowhere. Use them purely for leisure.

Handhelds are always my favored option. Also tend to play games with short bursts of gameplay, and rarely long games that require a lot of commitment at one moment. Better to save those for holidays or something.

Avatar image for gettingonwithgaminglife
GettingonwithGamingLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 GettingonwithGamingLife
Member since 2017 • 277 Posts

I see. I'mma go with playing moderately/short games for abou and hour or so and more on weekends and during exam period less or none

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

You don't need to fraction off your hours like that (unless you like it or it works for you, of course). I get excellent grades in university while socializing, playing games, volunteer work, hobbies etc. You have plenty of time to fill.

My gaming tends to be in bursts though. I don't like playing an hour a day (I don't like doing that with anything really). If I play it'll be in long 3 to 4 hour sessions but not as frequently. However if I have a rigorous work load then I might not play at all for a month or two. I don't have any rule for it, I just take it as I go. I don't like to micromanage my own "fun" time.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#6 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Maybe game on weekends man. Will be well worth the wait that way.