DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 6098 Posts

So I can only afford one. Which one do you suggest?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 7946 Posts

Haven't played FF7 yet but GoW was one of the best games I've played in ages.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

GoW, played it around 4 times though and though. Almost finished FF7, still a great game just not as good as GoW. GoW is easily a 9/10 for me.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DEVILinIRON

Thanks to both of you.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9698 Posts

Haven't played that Final Fantasy so have no word for it.

Didn't dislike God of War (IV) but made a few bold choices, and as a result lost something it did well previously. Personally think for gameplay GoW3 is the strongest, as a package GoW2 is the standout, followed with Ghost of Sparda.

I've gone over GoW(IV) a few times before here on GD so will simply sum up the flaws-

'awful camera for combat (they patched markers at the last second to try and be somewhat helpful), weak puzzles, lot of RP walking, recycled enemies are very common, and some very forgetful bosses.'

Overall a solid game. It's just not without its flaws.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 2777 Posts

I've platinumed both. You can't go wrong either way, just depends on what you're into.

The real question is why not both???

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DEVILinIRON

@Miyomatic said:

I've platinumed both. You can't go wrong either way, just depends on what you're into.

The real question is why not both???

Financial reasoning. 7 Remake will have to wait for another price drop. I went with GoW.

pokemon4597

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 pokemon4597
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

Hope you're enjoying GoW! I loved FF 7 Remake but GoW was in another league

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 4

#9 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2783 Posts

Hope you’re enjoying GoW too. I would have suggested the FF7 remake only because it’s the only one I’ve played out of the two and am a big fan of the original.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 7946 Posts

@RSM-HQ: I've platinumed all the GoW games last year after initially playing the newest GoW and getting first platinum trophy for the franchise. It made me go back and replay all the older games at least twice and I had an absolute blast overall.

With that said while the new game does indead have a few flaws, it's mostly that the game needs more variety in its enemies. For me it's a close tie between GoW2, GoW3, and GoW (ps4). They are all amazing for different reasons.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9698 Posts

@vfighter: One of my issues with the newest God of War is how climbing platforms no longer had any form of hazard, or combat encounters. If you are climbing a cliff it's about chatting with "boi" and "head", in-other-words a glorified loading screen. They don't handle it poorly, but in a game that already has a lot of breezy moments; slowed walking and boat trips.

Would have been nice to have some creatures attacking Kratos as he was traversing the world(s). As such combat encounters became predictable, became clear to the player when you was and wasn't going to fight.

With that stated it was a good return for the franchise after the much hated Ascension. Could have been handled much worse with GoW(IV), at least now it's in a much more positive place. And I welcome the coming sequel. Just hope it's not moar GoW (IV) with prettier graphics.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 867 Posts

I could not get platinum on GOW because I started the game on the hardest difficulty (No XP run) and the last Valkyrie is impossible to beat.