Generally, do you play multiplayer a lot or never played multiplayer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cheatermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cheatermaster
Member since 2004 • 2164 Posts

How much do you normally play multiplayer on any system? Almost everyday, from time to time, once in a while, or do you never play multiplayer at all? I almost never play multiplayer at all. To be honest, it's really seems great to play online, meet other players online and play just for fun. But for reason, I never seem to play multiplayer that much at all. I mean it's nice to compete against other players, but I hardly bother, it's like multiplayer doesn't really appeal to me at all. Though I think I know why.

I always feel that other players can play a game for so long, eventually they get better and become some sort of expert. So much, they make me almost look liek I'm someone who sucks at playing a game online. Like when I play Red Dead Redemption on multiplayer. A lot of players have become so good, they can kill me so easily cause they've played the game for quite awhile (and I do usually don't play the game for a while cause I'm playing something else). Maybe I almost don't play multiplayer at all because I feel other players are just ten times better then I am. Hell, I wouldn't be surprise if I get beaten so badly in a fighting game online against a more experience player.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
I only play a competitive Multiplayer game is if I can become good at it. I hate shooters because there's so much dying involved. My two favorite VS MP games on 360 were LotR: Conquest and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. I also spent a fair amount of time with WH40K Space Marine, but that was more because of the group I joined upwith than for the game itself. Plus it helped that the game was as much melee action as 3rd person shooter.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

The only games whose multiplayer I've ever really been heavily invested in are Smash Bros and Halo. I've played and enjoyed multiplayer from other games, though Smash and Halo are what I end up going back to the most.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
I don't play Multiplayer because I don't wana pay for gold membership.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I play a few games like Starhawk, Mario Kart and XCOM online. I like to challenge myself to become better when I see other players online better than me.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I never play mulitiplayer games.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

Generally I' m more interested in singleplayer because of the story, the characters etc. Multiplayer can be fun too though - my best experiences with it have been with Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros Brawl and L4D2.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Been playing TF2 and Planetside 2 a lot recently. Outside of those two really not a whole lot of multiplayer, honestly.

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#9 gbrading
Member since 2005 • 8085 Posts

I hardly ever play multiplayer. It's not that I don't want to, but often either people don't have the same games installed, or I can't play for very long, or you forget to ask to play, etc. etc. I'd like to get into playing more multiplayer with my friends, physical and digital.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I play almost no multiplayer at all.  If I get a new racing game at launch, I might try the online a few times, probably when I'm drinking, just for a change of pace. 

Don't think I've touched any multiplayer in about a year now.

I like to have a story, characters, I like to explore the environments, I like to feel as if I'm progressing from the beginning to the middle to the end;  in other words I like to feel as if I'm playing a game. 

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

I'm more of the co-op type of multiplayer, or when I'm playing with friends. When it's just me, I sometimes go into MP, but unless the game really grabs my attention, I stick with the SP.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I always play the single player first. Once I beat that, Ill give multiplayer a go and if it is good (like BF3) ill keep playing it and get addicted.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#13 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

I only spend about 1% of my game time on multiplayer, only cooperative at that.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts
Never play it....
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#15 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

I used to play competitive multiplayer all the time, but I tend to stay away from mp these days.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I may play Co-op at times but I find MP to be too repetitive.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

Not really at all. I play SP for enjoyment for characters, story progression, etc. I may do MP more next gen though. I simply prefer a good narrative, though.

gameboy343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gameboy343
Member since 2005 • 1024 Posts

i never play multiplayer, it's way to boring and repititive. 

isv666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 isv666
Member since 2005 • 161 Posts

The only multiplayer I do are a few FPS games, like CoD or Halo, and when I play games like World of Warcraft.  Beyond that, I pretty much never do any sort of coop or things like that if a game offers them.  I tend to prefer to play alone.  For some games that I might be interested in doing something like coop with, usually I end up getting the game months after release and by that time, most people on my friends list have stopped playing it.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

i never play multiplayer, it's way to boring and repititive. 

gameboy343
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood was neither of those things. Instead of being a question of who has better reflexes and better control, it was a game of wits. There were any number of clever little tricks and gambits you could play. And the best part of the whole scheme was that you could tell who the best players at the game were even if they didn't always win. It wasn't unusual to see myself in second place with 3 kills when the winner only beat my score by 50 points or so with more than a dozen kills.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Depends.  I bought MGS4 and loved it to death and completely forgot it had MP.  never actually got to play it :P.

Battlefield on the other hand I didn't touch the SP and play MP all the time.  I still play it all the time and will continue to until BF4 comes out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
Bet none of you single players could complain about Dark Souls multiplayer. Wish more games had multiplayer like this.