GBA/GB games, why the may or may not come to VC.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

trifecta_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 trifecta_basic
Member since 2003 • 11542 Posts

This is just my opinion, don't go off making rumors.

Pros:

They can spread out the VC releases better throughout the Wii's lifecycle.

Cons:

When the DS2 finally comes around, you would think they might want to add a VC channel to it.  So it could get all the Game Gear, GB etc... on one platform much like what the Wii is doing.  I think this would make the most logical sense, especially since the GBA still sells. 

ryan_returns29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 ryan_returns29
Member since 2006 • 3191 Posts
They probably won't put GBA and GB games up now because the GBA is still around and isn't dead yet. When Nintendo stop making the GBA then they will probably put GB/GBA games on the VC.
toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 toment
Member since 2005 • 8396 Posts
They probably won't put GBA and GB games up now because the GBA is still around and isn't dead yet. When Nintendo stop making the GBA then they will probably put GB/GBA games on the VC.ryan_returns29
Yeah, the GBA sold more units than the PS3 last month, so Nintendo would probably loose money putting GBA games up on the VC. But there's nothing keeping it from releasing GB/GBC games for download. So trifecta_ might be on to something...
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts
Yeah i figured this out a long long time ago. DS2 or GBA2 is going to be a hard drive like iPod sty-le device and nintendo are going to leverage all its past portable games as downloads in a portable virtual console.
Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts
I could possibly see GB and GBC games coming to the Virtual Console in a year or so once Nintendo's catalogs start to dwindle, to keep things fresh.  BUt as long as GBA games can be played on a DS I don't think we'll see them show up.