TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

maybe a list of games, maybe a list of goals within games. share yours.

here is mine

1. Finish phase 1 of my capital vessel in empyrion galactic survival.

2. Fully test capital vessel for upload to Steam workshop.

3. Finish making a base with the new assets in Green Hell

4. Medieval Engineers: make a ship and rail yard using the two new mods out.

5. Elite Dangerous: get back into it after a 1 year break.

This list could easily take me 6 months to a year depending on how far I want to take number 4

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

Never been one for checking backlogs when it comes to gaming. What I play is rarely planned, and heavily depending on my mood.

I do however usually switch between three different games in those moods-

my serious game (usually demanding and challenging, require me to be alert and ready)

and two comfort games, at least one being portable (either something I'm already familiar with, or easy going with little attention needed)

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TryIt

@RSM-HQ said:

Never been one for checking backlogs when it comes to gaming. What I play is rarely planned, and heavily depending on my mood.

I do however usually switch between three different games in those moods-

my serious game (usually demanding and challenging, require me to be alert and ready)

and two comfort games, at least one being portable (either something I'm already familiar with, or easy going with little attention needed)

same here almost always..I totally get that.

but I have been inundated with major projects I want to do that I have to get organized. I just didnt know others play from the hip as well like I usually do, I might have assumed incorrect

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

@tryit: major projects!? Inside games!?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TryIt

@watercrack445 said:

@tryit: major projects!? Inside games!?

yes...

The capital vessel I am building thus far has taken me about 60 hours and I am about 1/2 done.

Wurm Projects (not listed on my to do list) can take people sometimes years

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7221 Posts

Finish games I start at some point during the month.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

@tryit: three more days then. Ok

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TryIt

@watercrack445 said:

@tryit: three more days then. Ok

I work for a living so 60 hours is more like 3 weeks

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

- Finish Tales of Xillia today after work

- Start and complete Red Dead Redemption by 10/26 in anticipation of my GOTY RDR2

- Complete Ratchet & Clank Trilogy, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy VI in my spare time on PS Vita

hwd405

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 hwd405
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

A to-do list really doesn't sound like a bad idea. I've got a backlog of like, probably 20 games I intended on finishing but never got around to it. And a fair few games I've purchased but never played :/

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#11 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

I'd like to eventually get back into singleplayer games and my backlog, but if I don't that's ok too.

manox3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 manox3
Member since 2018 • 4 Posts

play any game i see

Gustie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gustie
Member since 2018 • 9 Posts

Buy all steam games on sale

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RSM-HQ

@tryit: Read a lot of people from gaming forums get stressed/ frustrated/ even depressed over backlogs, as the mental need to commit to many these games they tried is ultimately a factor of disliking what they've already sampled/ played.

Previously stated in a few backlog threads not to let hypothetical guilt control what one wants to play, gaming shouldn't be a chore. Sure we can like challenge in our games, and seek new experiences. However someone forcing themselves to finish or play further in games they're not fond of; encourages pessimism in ourselves.

I'm very direct when not feeling a game. Given every game I've ever played a chance to some realistic degree. However don't stick with it if it's not something I can personally find very fun. And don't believe anyone else should do that if they want to enjoy this hobby. If the game isn't working out? Going "I'm out" isn't a bad option_

"Gotta get my moneys worth" is usually the popular counter argument. . When the truth is if one doesn't like the game? You've already wasted that money. Don't waste time aswell.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

My gaming habits are too sporadic and eccentric to really constrain myself to an organized "to-do" list, but here we go:

1. One of these days I will launch the satellite in Factorio. If I can stop restarting my factory because it "isn't perfect" lol.

2. Play a finished Squadron 42 and Star Citizen

3. Get back to Kingdom Come: Deliverance and actually spend more than three hours with the game.

4. Actually finish one of the many classic, awesome, amazing RPG's that have come out in recent years (Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2, Tyrrany, and yes sadly Divinity OS 2). I love these games I truly do but at some point I just get distracted or whatever.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TryIt

@RSM-HQ said:

@tryit: Read a lot of people from gaming forums get stressed/ frustrated/ even depressed over backlogs....

ok I had to stop you right there.

That is like getting depressed over having tons of girl friends or a ton of sports cars, or 'I am depressed because I have too many homes around the world'.

I for one am literally having the best era in gaming in my 34 years of gaming and it all started around 2013

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RSM-HQ

@tryit:

I for one am literally having the best era in gaming in my 34 years of gaming and it all started around 2013

Hmm, not relevant to what I wrote (because backlogs can feature games old and new) yet I'm on a similar boat. I've enjoyed recent gaming a lot.

But everyone has different factors for enjoyment and people like different aspects of gaming. I've seen some on here that would overlook a lot of polish in game design, creativity, and depth_ for story, and high-end graphics

And while I wouldn't pick cosmetics over raw mechanics, I understand my enjoyment isn't everyone's.

ok I had to stop you right there.

Fair point, it was long. And my guess that's why I got such an odd reply. I'll just use an older quote from a backlog thread that's much shorter_

1 year, 3 months ago

Just curious, but why not just use www.backloggery.com?

Personally think the day you need to list your games for play, in such an excessive manner. . . is the day you've turned something enjoyable into a chore.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/game-backlog-33395481/

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TryIt

@RSM-HQ said:

@tryit:

Hmm, not relevant to what I wrote (because backlogs can feature games old and new) yet I'm on a similar boat. I've enjoyed recent gaming a lot.

/

It is absolutely positively related to what you said.

I am sorry but I am not going to feel sympathetic about people who are 'depressed because of too many good games' or get into a debate about it, its absurdly stupid.

I dont care if those people exist or not, if they do they need to get their head out of their ass.

'gee I am happier if I only have 1 game I really like to play for a few years instead of 100?'

stupid

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#19 Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

@tryit: I for one am literally having the best era in gaming in my 34 years of gaming and it all started around 2013

Wow your only 34.... I'll be 44 in February and I've been playing since I could..!! I feel old..!!

Anyway back to the topic... I tend to make mini to-do-lists in my head. For example I mostly play open world games like the Witcher 3 and i would stay away from main quest lines and maybe go and open up some of my map question marks, do some contracts, side quests or even try to get more gwent cards off merchants... ;)

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Currently working through every resident evil game I can.

Played remake and 0 on PC, playing 7 now for the first time.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TryIt

@Peasly said:

@tryit: I for one am literally having the best era in gaming in my 34 years of gaming and it all started around 2013

Wow your only 34.... I'll be 44 in February and I've been playing since I could..!! I feel old..!!

Anyway back to the topic... I tend to make mini to-do-lists in my head. For example I mostly play open world games like the Witcher 3 and i would stay away from main quest lines and maybe go and open up some of my map question marks, do some contracts, side quests or even try to get more gwent cards off merchants... ;)

what? I started gaming at age 0? ok well whatever, no I started computer gaming at 15, I am 51, so actually its 36 years

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#22  Edited By Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

@tryit: Well consider me impressed.........

Enragedhydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Enragedhydra
Member since 2005 • 1085 Posts

I just started playing The Darkness on my 360 so I want to finish that and than play through Sniper Ghost Warrior also on the 360. Other than that just continue to setup my game room. Got a 60" Plasma TV on layaway, got the Sega Master Drive hooked up to play Golden Axe at random. And for the first time in 10 years I'm thinking about pre-ordering the collectors edition of Biomutant from THQNordic. At Gamestop we can put down money every month with 0 risk.

Avatar image for lovelyjunkobits
LovelyJunkoBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LovelyJunkoBits
Member since 2018 • 4 Posts

Play any online game really, I've mainly stuck with single player games my whole life but id like to try to expand. So maybe games like Overwatch?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#26 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Not that it's likely that'll I'll do all of this but...

3DS:

Animal Crossing New Leaf: Get perfect town rating, catch all bugs and fish, gather all painting, get gold tools.

Zelda Ocarina of Time: Get missing treasure chests if any?

Mario Kart 7: 3 Star 150cc

Kirby Ultra Star Deluxe: Get 100% Completion

Harvest Moon A New Beggining: Finish?

PC:

A Hat in Time DLC: Get the missing time rift photos

Popolocrois: Complete Pietro's secret room collectables.

Disgaea PC: Finish?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#27  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@RSM-HQ: This is a very good point. Something I should take into consideration.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RSM-HQ

@speeny: I think some people who have them handle backlogs just fine. The majority however who comment in Forums, find it a taxing endeavour, and I don't think it's worth the hassle personally.

This might also be because I do enough lists, commitments, and deadlines in my daily activity outside of gaming.