Gaming misconceptions/issues/company practices you can't believe still exist

This topic is locked from further discussion.

enzoeleazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1 enzoeleazar
Member since 2013 • 80 Posts

They're relatively new, but I've got hope for content locked behind a pay wall or missing at launch. At least some games give you months of free DLC and updates, like Street Fighter V, No Man's Sky, even Halo 5 is being treated like Burnout Paradise, which was awesome.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Really? You list No Mans Sky as a good example? Are you insane? Even after the update it is nowhere near the game we were promissed. Sure it's nice they try to get there, but using it as a good example is just insane. Pretty much the same goes for SF5, they stripped basic features of the game just to launch early.

Also what is this thread about? Are we supposed to post the worst practises we can think of

csward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#3 csward
Member since 2005 • 2155 Posts

Pretty much every major release these days seems to play up their features to more than what they are, or stretch the truth.

For example Madden will talk about its super realistic AI every year, when in reality it's the same as it has always been.

enzoeleazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4 enzoeleazar
Member since 2013 • 80 Posts
@ArchoNils2 said:

Really? You list No Mans Sky as a good example? Are you insane? Even after the update it is nowhere near the game we were promissed. Sure it's nice they try to get there, but using it as a good example is just insane. Pretty much the same goes for SF5, they stripped basic features of the game just to launch early.

Also what is this thread about? Are we supposed to post the worst practises we can think of

In the title it says practices/issues/etc. that still exist, which means those that have been a part of this industry for a long time but boggles oneself why it's still prevalent. And I didn't say NMS and SFV were good examples. I said I had hope because these games make an effort to make up for their mistakes, such as years of free content.