Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#1 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

We used to have Gamestop here in Australia when I was growing up but they replaced it with EB Games in 2004 from memory? Basically, they are the same company anyway.

I never buy from Gamestop/EB because they're ridiculously overpriced and the trade in value is next to nothing. (I know it's been that way for years, but even still.)

I remember I sold off the majority of my PS2 games back when the console was still healthily in the market. Around 200 games...and I only got $20 for them all. Like come on, at least give me $50. (I know that is a lot of games but majority of them were hand-me-downs from where my mother used to work. Most if not all the games were sold to them complete with the manual.

Another thing is that I don't bother buying hard copy video games anymore. I haven't bought a physical game since 2014. I've kind of become a minimalist over the years and don't appreciate lack of shelf space anymore. Lol

I'd be interested in knowing some of your Gamestop horror stories. (I'm sure they're more interesting that what I've written.) ;)

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Made a pre-order for the Fallout Monopoly few years ago, got the email once the game was available but couldn't grab it until the week after. When I went to grab it, price went up by 10$. Had to fight with the manager to pay the original pre-order price

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

My local gamestop sold me a PS3. When I got home I found it had been open and it was broke. They didn't give me a receipt either. I was so excited about getting a new system I forgot to looks and see if they gave me one. I took it back to the store and the manager said I was out of luck. I almost went to jail for beating the guys face in.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

One cold night, many years ago, a good friend and I went to Gamestop. It was a cold winter's eve, and...and...and we waited for the midnight release of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the LIch King.

It was TERRIBLE! There were mouth breathers everywhere, and one guy who was lucky enough to bring his girlfriend with him and was passively showing her off to all the single guys. I didn't even play the game that much, I just installed it and played for 30 minutes! It was so scary.