Gamestop: Buy 2 Get 2 Free on used PS2, GC, and GBA games April 18-24

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know about Gamestop's sale this week. Buy 2 used PS2/GC/GBA games, and get 2 free (of equal or lesser value of course). I guess they're trying to clear out the last of their stock. So take advantage of this opportunity and fill your game libraries with whatever you're missing.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
is this only in-store? i've been trying to get it to work, but i cant :( i actually came upon this thread from a google search lol.
jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jt4mtb
Not sure to be honest. I only found out via an email I got about getting a day early access (yesterday) to the sale for being a power up rewards member. I just relooked at the email, and it doesn't specifiy anything like in-store only. *shrugs*
kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

so technically it's just a cleaver way of saying buy one get one free? :P

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 starwarsjunky

so technically it's just a cleaver way of saying buy one get one free? :P

kittensRjerks
no, because you have to buy at least 2 ;)
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 starwarsjunky
Not sure to be honest. I only found out via an email I got about getting a day early access (yesterday) to the sale for being a power up rewards member. I just relooked at the email, and it doesn't specifiy anything like in-store only. *shrugs*jt4mtb
thats the same way i found out. lol. i was really hoping to pick up persona 4 and a couple other rpg's, but i don't feel like driving to a store. :P
jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jt4mtb
[QUOTE="jt4mtb"]Not sure to be honest. I only found out via an email I got about getting a day early access (yesterday) to the sale for being a power up rewards member. I just relooked at the email, and it doesn't specifiy anything like in-store only. *shrugs*starwarsjunky
thats the same way i found out. lol. i was really hoping to pick up persona 4 and a couple other rpg's, but i don't feel like driving to a store. :P

Heh. I hear ya man. I'm fortunate enough to have two stores close by me; one literally 3 blocks away and one just a mile or so down the road. :P
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 starwarsjunky
figured out (no thanks to gamestop :roll: thank God for CAG lol) you need to enter code b2g2pss. which gamestop didn't say anywhere....:evil:
Avatar image for Xenogears_Rocks
Xenogears_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Xenogears_Rocks
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

It's an amazing sale! And by no means is Gamestop trying to get rid of GC or PS2 yet just really GBA but this sale rocks! And Ive made a big dent in my collection now! Got 8 new games! But deffinatly take advantage while you can :)

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#10 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
EVERYONE TRY TO FIND AND BUY SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS!
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Sweeeeet!

I almost bought a few titles yesterday on a road trip, so now, on my way back home I can stop and pick those games up. Thanks for the post!!! I'm finally gonna get me a copy o' "DarkWatch"!!!

:D

Huzzah!

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts
EVERYONE TRY TO FIND AND BUY SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS!Blabadon
I would. But Im just to going to wait for the HD Ps3 version.
Red_Harl0w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Red_Harl0w
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Awesome, I've been meaning to pick up a few PS2 games for quite some time now.
NodakJo2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 NodakJo2010
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

Dangit the three gamestops here don't even sell GC and original Xbox anymore...I'd have to go to rock30 for that...Curses! I need to get the prime games for GC and wouldn't of minded getting some GC freebies along the way.

rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 rwallacefan
Member since 2005 • 4886 Posts
Nice :D hopefully the PS2 games arent too beaten up, yes I'm blaming you consumers :P but I will mostly take advantage of the GBA sale. :D
AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
Well I just came back from the sale and picked up Final Fantasy X, Psyconauts, Super Monkey Ball, and Sonic Heroes. All for $15 :)
magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

Went to my gamespot and bought

Final Fantasy 12, Max Payne, Gran turismo 4, Jack and Daxter 1, Crazy Taxi, Ace Combat (4 I think) Dragon Quest 8 and SSX trixy for 28$. Awesome deal, I might go back there for more on Sunday.

Only FF12 and Dragon quest had cases though, and Dragon quest didn't have the art. The rest were just in sleeves. Do people throw away the boxes when they get a game or something? lol

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MonkeySpot

Oh myyyyy GAWD!!! Whatta Deal I Just Got!!!

"DarkWatch" (I've been meaning to get a copy FOREVER!!!), "MAFIA" (Much better game than I thought it would be!), "007: NightFire" (Dang-Right!), and a copy of "LEGO Batman" for the nephew-unit!

$16us!!!

Huh-BAMM!!! My PS2 is SOOOO happy now!

:P

rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rwallacefan

"DarkWatch" (I've been meaning to get a copy FOREVER!!!), "MAFIA" (Much better game than I thought it would be!), "007: NightFire" (Dang-Right!), and a copy of "LEGO Batman" for the nephew-unit!

$16us!!!

MonkeySpot
Good ol Monkey :P but you would think with all the posts I've complained about Mafia someone would have surely agreed but then again I love the cutscenes in it :D
FortuneInLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FortuneInLies
Member since 2011 • 193 Posts
There was a buy one get one free deal already in my local GameStop on Ps2 so I stacked up on games. Great Deal!
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MonkeySpot

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

$16us!!!

rwallacefan

Good ol Monkey :P but you would think with all the posts I've complained about Mafia someone would have surely agreed but then again I love the cutscenes in it :D

Heya Rusty-Man!!!

"MAFIA" was one of the games I got "free" in the deal as it was one of the lower priced. I watched a vidreview of the game here on GS, and the draw-backs seemed worth the over-all fun (and now, especially, for the price I paid - If it completely sucks a rock, I can hardly say I've been ripped off, y'know?) I kinda wanted to give it a go before playing "MAFIA II" on PS3, which I also got a sterling deal on, the Director's Cut with all DLC on the disc for under $15us... To be completely truthful, one of my main reasons for wanting to play the sequel is the easter egg Playboy centerfolds from the 50s-60s.

I *koff* grew up reading that vintage of the mag!

:oops:

So my motivations are far from feeling immersed in the world of post-war organized crime. Though I'm sure I'll dig that aspect of it as well, because even with the lack of video games I have often felt that I was born into the wrong era. All of my favorite authors, films, and such came from the late 1920s to 1950s - And let's face it, it's not like the world or economy of my country are any better off now then they were back then.

Great to see your screen name again, m'friend... Enjoying the season so far? That Talladega finish was unreal!!! Not since my boy Kurt bumped and banged with Ricky Craven has there been quite a finish like that!!!

toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

I'm hoping nothing will be emptied out by the time I go tomorrow. Gamestop never seems to have any PS2 games I'm looking for so I'm hoping some good games are still in stock by then. Boo :(

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MonkeySpot

Not to go off-topic or to bring the over-blown discussion here, but a funny idea just occured to me. What if the current troubles with online service for a certain current-gen console has been caused by GameStop so that people will go back to buying games for their older consoles? Great way to get rid of a bunch of dusty stock on the shelves...

:lol:

Just a joke, I do NOT want to discuss the other topic here. I just noticed that the dates of the sale sorta match the dates of that other console's troubles.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts

[QUOTE="rwallacefan"][QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

$16us!!!

MonkeySpot

Heya Rusty-Man!!!

"MAFIA" was one of the games I got "free" in the deal as it was one of the lower priced. I watched a vidreview of the game here on GS, and the draw-backs seemed worth the over-all fun (and now, especially, for the price I paid - If it completely sucks a rock, I can hardly say I've been ripped off, y'know?) I kinda wanted to give it a go before playing "MAFIA II" on PS3, which I also got a sterling deal on, the Director's Cut with all DLC on the disc for under $15us... To be completely truthful, one of my main reasons for wanting to play the sequel is the easter egg Playboy centerfolds from the 50s-60s.

So my motivations are far from feeling immersed in the world of post-war organized crime. Though I'm sure I'll dig that aspect of it as well, because even with the lack of video games I have often felt that I was born into the wrong era. All of my favorite authors, films, and such came from the late 1920s to 1950s - And let's face it, it's not like the world or economy of my country are any better off now then they were back then.

Great to see your screen name again, m'friend... Enjoying the season so far? That Talladega finish was unreal!!! Not since my boy Kurt bumped and banged with Ricky Craven has there been quite a finish like that!!!

Mafia is a great game and very underrated. If you have the opportunity though, you should play it on the PC as it is way better than the console versions.
rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rwallacefan

[QUOTE="rwallacefan"][QUOTE="MonkeySpot"] Good ol Monkey :P but you would think with all the posts I've complained about Mafia someone would have surely agreed but then again I love the cutscenes in it :DMonkeySpot

Heya Rusty-Man!!!

Mafia is a great game and very underrated. If you have the opportunity though, you should play it on the PC as it is way better than the console versions.

I will say the PC version is good, but the console version = a massive bleh IMO, only because hit detection is GOD-AWFUL in it.
toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

I picked up Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction, Radiata Stories, Naruto: Clash of the Ninja, and Naruto: Clash of the Ninja II.

I'm disappointed they didn't have major games I was looking for (King's Field; The Ancient City, Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis, etc.). What I don't understand is why is Balder's Gate II: Dark Alliance still so expensive? I was surprised to see a few used copies at the store but it's still $30-35 a copy. And not just at GS, but at another used media store I visit as well. I know BG2 is hard to find for the ps2 but I just can't understand how games like this have not gone down in value. I don't know what it's going for on ebay though.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

Awesome sale, I got

This promotion kicks ass!

Zelda was actually still in the shrink wrap brand new when I bought it and the other 3 games were in mint condition, I asked the guy at the register to let me pick the best disc and case / instruction manual from their entire inventory. The Zelda game has 4 games, including original Legend of Zelda, Zelda 2 Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask with a Wind Waker demo included.

Fusionmix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#29 Fusionmix
Member since 2010 • 1656 Posts

Picked up Battlefront II, Champions of Norrath, Sly 3 and Bully. Norrath was broken and had to be returned, but I got a new copy of RE4 with the refund :D.

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts

Awesome sale, I got

This promotion kicks ass!

Zelda was actually still in the shrink wrap brand new when I bought it and the other 3 games were in mint condition, I asked the guy at the register to let me pick the best disc and case / instruction manual from their entire inventory. The Zelda game has 4 games, including original Legend of Zelda, Zelda 2 Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask with a Wind Waker demo included.

arkephonic

That's awesome man great picks! I picked up:

I'll be going for the 2nd haul today! I'd like to find a few more before the sale is over today.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Is the sale still ongoing because I try to type in the promo code and I keep getting a red error message online.

Branmuffin316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 Branmuffin316
Member since 2009 • 1208 Posts

Is the sale still ongoing because I try to type in the promo code and I keep getting a red error message online.

Seabas989

No it ended Sunday.

Anyways I picked up Fatal Frame 1,2, 3, and Ico as my 4th. The Fatal Frames are the reprints so they're brand new but opened.

At another gamestop I got Dirge of Cerberus: FFVII, Devil May Cry 3, Gundam Encounters in Space, and Twisted Metal Black.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
damn good sale. I bought 21 games for about $100
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

What!?! I didn't realize it was buy 2 get 2 free. I've done their buy 2 get 1 free deals. I definitely would have taken advantage of this deal if I knew it was get 2 free.