Gamespot does a Console Spec Comparison. Fails.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

I dont know whether to laugh or cry.

List of things wrong with the comparison:

1. No Mention of GPU specs... the most important part of the console. This would be like comparing dicks without actually measuring the dick size.
  2. The 7-core Cell Processor magically turns into a 3 core processor below.
  3. Xbox One has 8GB DDR3. Not GDDR3.
  4. Xbox 360 apparently did not have an optical drive. The DVD drives you and I used to play video game on was actually a figment of our imagination.
  5. The Xbox One does not support Bluetooth.
  6. The PS3 supported 7 controllers, not 4.

Pretty amazing that someone actually got paid to put this together. And that Gamespot editors allowed this to be published. No wonder no one takes gaming journalism seriously anymore. They cant even google properly.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/next-gen-console-comparison-ps3-ps4-xbox-one-xbox-360/1100-6416217/

@Kevin-V, give me two hours and no pay, and I will make you a much more detailed and accurate comparison. Thanks.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

You sure do seem to be talking about dicks an awful lot in the last few posts you've made. Been hanging out with GME too much again.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

@Randolph said:

You sure do seem to be talking about dicks an awful lot in the last few posts you've made. Been hanging out with GME too much again.

you know you like the dirty talk.

just let me in bro...

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Also, storage space is wrong: minimum for PS3 is 12GB and for 360 is 4GB, or if you want to be a stickler about it the minimum is zero, since early 360 arcade models didn't come with an HDD and needed memory cards ranging from 64 to 512MB

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

Perhaps it was a satirical take on the general state of misinformation that surrounds a console launch.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

So Gamespot thinks the X360 is cartridge based...

bilbomaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By bilbomaster
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

PS4 GPU speed is 1.8GHz. For a gaming news site they should hire or assign someone to relay info to the public about hardware who actually knows something about hardware. Thats a big draw for why eurogamer's digital foundry attracts readers.

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/video/pcw/docs/621/310/09p.pdf

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/column/kaigai/20131029_621310.html

TheMierArmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheMierArmy
Member since 2003 • 5699 Posts

they updated it, now the PS3 has 9 cores. gamespot ...just stop.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

I'm going to use this thread to talk about facts instead of whatever that graphic is. Anyone know why PS3 supports 7 controllers? I didn't know this. Seems like an odd number. Also why doesn't the PS4 support HD video chat? Seems like it should. And the PS4 has a faster CPU that the Xbox One. MS increased theirs, after realizing they could, to close the gap.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#10  Edited By c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts
@firefox59 said:

I'm going to use this thread to talk about facts instead of whatever that graphic is. Anyone know why PS3 supports 7 controllers? I didn't know this. Seems like an odd number. Also why doesn't the PS4 support HD video chat? Seems like it should. And the PS4 has a faster CPU that the Xbox One. MS increased theirs, after realizing they could, to close the gap.

Bluetooth allows that functionality by default. That's why Sony allowed up to seven controllers to connect to the PS3, though barely any games used it. Never really saw the point.