GameSpot Activity- Who Looks Pretty In Pink?

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#-49 Posted by Sandulf29 (14330 posts) -
I'll be sending the answers then. I got about half off the bat and I just had to check up on the games to find the names of the characters for the others, except for 2 which required more effort. :lol:phazer
Come on phazer, after all this time ogling at anime girls and video game girls has to pay off in some way :lol: JK ;)
I only play PC games, so this`s really hard for me. I got 7 so far. :(harry_james_pot
You are just like me. I too play PC games and mostly action adventure types, so its hard to get few of them :P
#-48 Posted by tmaclabi (17108 posts) -
Although this one is hard, it is exciting! :D Time to google for more...
#-47 Posted by drokmore (1863 posts) -

[QUOTE="drokmore"]This is a great activity, pushing my video game memories to the limit. Im pretty sure I have no hope on 18, still 5 to go, hopefully that hint on 7 will dislodge something in my brain...Synthia
To be fair, the clue in the quote only really helps if your into musicals :P

Ah something is dislodging in my brain, I've actually seen that musical...

#-46 Posted by phazer (3662 posts) -
Come on phazer, after all this time ogling at anime girls and video game girls has to pay off in some way :lol: JK ;)Sandulf29
Say what?! I don't do that. :lol:
#-45 Posted by zablen (25 posts) -

Alright here's a hint for number 7

Anything you can do she can do better, she can do anything better than you.

Synthia

That was an awesome hint. Just enough to point in the right direction without being a spoiler. It was oh so satisfying when I finally found her. Thanks so much for the thought you put into that one!

#-44 Posted by visi0nz (143 posts) -

Scratch that, I just need #2 now!

Avatar image for BlazikenTails64
#-42 Posted by BlazikenTails64 (13535 posts) -
I need help with, 17, 16, 15,2, 10,7,5 and 8....18 looks familiar but.....
#-41 Posted by KillerLiew (619 posts) -

[QUOTE="drokmore"]This is a great activity, pushing my video game memories to the limit. Im pretty sure I have no hope on 18, still 5 to go, hopefully that hint on 7 will dislodge something in my brain...Synthia

Only #2,#7, and #12, I definitely have no idea on it. The rest should be no problem for me since I played those games before. The moment I saw Synthia avatar reminds me of #12 (look alike lol)

#-40 Posted by DreadDLordD (2411 posts) -

You could design another emblem for those who are 100% correct. Pretty in Perfect Pink?

#-39 Posted by Sandulf29 (14330 posts) -

[QUOTE="Synthia"]

[QUOTE="drokmore"]This is a great activity, pushing my video game memories to the limit. Im pretty sure I have no hope on 18, still 5 to go, hopefully that hint on 7 will dislodge something in my brain...KillerLiew

Only #2,#7, and #12, I definitely have no idea on it. The rest should be no problem for me since I played those games before. The moment I saw Synthia avatar reminds me of #12 (look alike lol)

Yeah her avy reminded me of the game me too. I am still stuck on #7 too.
#-38 Posted by LankyKong (2678 posts) -

Got all of them. :D Email sent.

#-37 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15556 posts) -
I sent the email
#-36 Posted by vguy555 (4625 posts) -

Still need 4 more. Any hints for #'s 12,14,16, or 17?

#-35 Posted by ExoticAnimal (39796 posts) -
This is too hard. Still need 2-5, 7, 10, 14, 16-18. :(
#-34 Posted by XenoLair (4758 posts) -
I found #7! My quest has come to an end!
#-33 Posted by NS_NIXON (180 posts) -

One question: Do we need to state only the character or we need only to state from which game image is???

#-32 Posted by SemiMaster (19011 posts) -
7 10 and 16 elude me still...
#-31 Posted by Gelugon_baat (23593 posts) -

Surprisingly, a Google Search isn't helping me find #10. It's so familiar to me yet so distant.

I am also stumped on #18 and #16 - especially #18. There's so little in that.

UPDATE I: I got #16! I should have suspected! :lol:

UPDATE II: I got #18! Of all the portions of the game character that Synthia used, she showed THAT one. :lol:

UPDATE III: I got #10! All I can say is, beware of the hints that others are giving you if you asked them for this one, even if they believe that the hints are true! Even if they lead to an answer, it may not be the exact answer!

By the way, I got number 7. This one will be familiar to gaming veterans. :P

Feel free to send me a PM if any of you want to discuss the answers with me.

Oh yes, by the way, the game characters (also in pink) below should tell any of you who believe that pink is mainly for the effeminate that it is not necessarily so:

[spoiler]

Well, technically, the Emperor's Children Space Marines were a bit effeminate - they also had a garish fashion sense no thanks to their obsession with perfection (especially aesthetics-wise). Their fall to Chaos made them even worse (which is also the reason that I am not placing a post-Heresy image of them here; it's NOT kid-friendly).

(Part of) UPDATE II: Just a musing here; I know the game character (yes, she IS a game character) that I am using as a profile picture has obviously pink hair (not unlike so many other fictional Japanese anime characters), but she will NEVER be featured in any game site - for very good reasons. :P [/spoiler]

#-30 Posted by leon2365 (13094 posts) -

im confused. do i give the game name, or the character name?

#-29 Posted by digitaldame (5401 posts) -

im confused. do i give the game name, or the character name?

leon2365

I FOR SURE need the name of the character, if you have the name of the game as well I'll give you brownie points ;)

#-28 Posted by gmax (6865 posts) -
This was a tough list. Looking back over it now, I had at least heard of 18 of the franchises, and I had a pretty good idea where 8 of the characters had come from just on sight. However, I have only seen about 3 of the games in person for sure, only played 2 of those some myself, and I've only actually seen 1 of these characters in the game. It was a long way to go for me. I'm now hoping we get to see the original images when the activity is over. I found similar images for most of them that seemed official in origin with a fairly high degree of confidence, but for a few I couldn't do that. I'll be curious to see those. Thanks for running this Synthia! Edit: I always regret it when I don't refresh in a while...

#-27 Posted by Devil_Spooky (631 posts) -

Found them all and just send my mail :D

Even found the original images on google :P

#-25 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (5121 posts) -

Ugh I don't know any of them. I'm a PC gamer - I play REAL games....

#-24 Posted by Sandulf29 (14330 posts) -

I sent my mail :D

#-23 Posted by zablen (25 posts) -

Whew, mission accomplished, email sent. Thanks for the help everyone. This was a great idea Synthia, hope to see some more in the future!

#-22 Posted by Gelugon_baat (23593 posts) -

Ugh I don't know any of them. I'm a PC gamer - I play REAL games....Starshine_M2A2

As "real" as games can ever be indeed. :roll:

That said, I have emailed my submission. :D

#-21 Posted by Baconbits2004 (12600 posts) -
Wish I'd have read through the thread before sending them in. >_> Aw well, I think I got most of 'em.
#-20 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (5121 posts) -

[QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"]Ugh I don't know any of them. I'm a PC gamer - I play REAL games....Gelugon_baat

As "real" as games can ever be indeed. :roll:

That said, I have emailed my submission. :D

That's a good point :)
#-19 Posted by visi0nz (143 posts) -

Forgot to add on Friday that I finally got them all. I was down to 1 until I finally got lucky and figured it out. Really loved how challenging this was Synthia! Thanks for doing it!

#-18 Posted by thom_maytees (3669 posts) -

Thanks to the hints from a fellow user from this thread, I am one answer away from identifying all twenty images. Unfortunately, I am still stuck with #18 which the fellow user told me is a cropped image from a character's rump.

Update: finally able to identify all twenty images and will e-mail my answers soon. Thanks to the user who provided me with hints.

Update 6/26: e-mail sent. I wonder whether the emblem will be "legendary" or "epic." Some of the latter answers were challenging, even though I was able to easily identify more than ten images.

#-17 Posted by PvtCaboose23 (4413 posts) -

Just sent mine in, got all twenty :) It was a lot of fun and brought back a lot of good memories. Love these kinds of activities.

#-16 Posted by Dracula68 (33109 posts) -

If you all do another can you please, please make it a tad harder?

#-15 Posted by digitaldame (5401 posts) -

Dracula68

Harder you say? All right, let the games begin :twisted: I already have something in mind for my next one.

#-13 Posted by ExoticAnimal (39796 posts) -

Dracula68

Then you wouldn't mind helping me then, eh?

#-12 Posted by Dracula68 (33109 posts) -

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]

ExoticAnimal

That would not be fair now would it?
#-11 Posted by ExoticAnimal (39796 posts) -

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]

Dracula68

That would not be fair now would it?

Is life fair at all? Nope so might as well help me in the process. :)

#-10 Posted by Dracula68 (33109 posts) -

ExoticAnimal

Ah but this is virtual life therefore the same rules do not apply!

#-9 Posted by edubuccaneer (4071 posts) -

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]

Dracula68

Ah but this is virtual life therefore the same rules do not apply!

I gave it a go, there are some I really have no clue!
#-8 Posted by TehFuneral (8237 posts) -

Looks like im not the only PC gamer having difficulties.

But I expect myself to cut the mustard and finish this job! I always knew that I should play some nintendo :x

#-7 Posted by digitaldame (5401 posts) -

Alright everyone, the Pretty in Pink activity is nearing its ending! I'm giving everyone until 4PM PT Wednesday. Hurry up and get those entries in before the buzzer sounds and you have to put your pencils down!

#-6 Posted by drokmore (1863 posts) -
Weew well I think I have 18ish now, that was one hard pink situation. Im throwing in the towel though, can't for the life of me figure out the last 2...
#-5 Posted by SQUALL20XX (6063 posts) -

Alright everyone, the Pretty in Pink activity is nearing its ending! I'm giving everyone until 4PM PT Wednesday. Hurry up and get those entries in before the buzzer sounds and you have to put your pencils down!

Synthia

How come? you said earlier until 7 July at 4pm PT :?

#-4 Posted by SemiMaster (19011 posts) -

[QUOTE="Synthia"]

SQUALL20XX

True that.
#-3 Posted by Sandulf29 (14330 posts) -

[QUOTE="Synthia"]

SQUALL20XX

But I think almost everyone is done

Dracula68
Nah, this was enough tough for me ;)
Avatar image for samsonrochas887
#-2 Posted by samsonrochas887 (25 posts) -
I have some of them..not all...but I like 5th and 14th
#-1 Posted by riou7 (10841 posts) -

Email sent!

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
#0 Posted by harry_james_pot (11399 posts) -
I sent the email with 18 answers. :) But all of these games (except 2 of them) only exist on consoles. As someone who only plays PC games, i found this extremely hard, and i'm sure all the other PC gamers here agree with me. So it would be great if you could balance that out the next time you make a guessing game or a box art hunt. :) Though i do understand that there's no PC games with people wearing pink in them. :P