SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45235 Posts

For me I’m going with Bayonetta 3. One, it took forever for the game to come out. And two, because of what happens to Bayonetta. And three, the damn good ending song haha. If anything, the song did it the most. How about you, GD? Games you were genuinely sad when they ended?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7313 Posts

Planescape Torment. Not really a sad ending, but bittersweet. Plus I was disappointed my journey with these fascinating characters was finally at an end. Still the best story of any game I've played.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts

Most recently, Signalis.

The playable character (Elster units) spend the entire game remembering a promise, marching forward regardless how bad it gets, and the promise is; your current Elster must kill her love interest Yeong Ariane. As her existence is warping reality itself, wiped out an entire civilization, and corrupt countless replika's into hellish monsters. In the end you find her as a husk waiting for death, Ariane is losing teeth and hair awaiting our one-eyed Elster to put her out this nightmarish misery.

After a kiss, Elster strangles her to death. GG, done. .

Makes it a little more sad as Signalis really dives deep into Yeong Ariane life before the eventual death, which is filled with abuse, abandonment, and discrimination. Overall Signalis is a sad/ dark story, not for the faint. The more documents you read, the more messed up it gets.

The game has other endings, one is promise forgotten, Elster simply sleeps and dies next to Ariane's husk (equally sad). A speed-run ending, which involves running away from the promise. & the hidden ending which involved finding a hidden flower, and a continuation of the first ending.

*Now I'm curious if we get a follow-up game at this point from rose-engine. This game feels like it had an ending, and it's not a happy one. However Signalis showed planets in this alien solar system, and details about each world. While we experience flash-backs from a few worlds, I hope we see more in future.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

Mass Effect 3 and Citadel

Planescape Torment

MGS3

Bioshock Infinite

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#5 Alexander2cents
Member since 2012 • 712 Posts

Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake eater

Silent Hill 2

Half-Life 2 E2. I am sad we will never get to see Half-Life 3

alextage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By alextage
Member since 2023 • 8 Posts

The last of us and final fantasy 7 crisis core

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22388 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

For me I’m going with Bayonetta 3. One, it took forever for the game to come out. And two, because of what happens to Bayonetta. And three, the damn good ending song haha. If anything, the song did it the most. How about you, GD? Games you were genuinely sad when they ended?

Yeah Bayo 3's a good one.

Having said that, I just finished Bayo Origins and I actually think I preferred it over Bayo 3. The ending is epic!

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2080 Posts

Both the endings in Metal Gear Solid 4 and Death Stranding were emotional. Happy to see Death Stranding 2 announced.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#9  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16017 Posts

Halo 2, because it doesn't really have an ending, lol! (it's one of those cliffhanger endings). We wanted to finish the fight, dang it!