Metragold2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Metragold2014
Member since 2015 • 40 Posts

Hi guys, my friend has been trying to tap into the streaming business for the last 2 years. He hasn't really lifted off too far yet, but going hard every week. I'm trying to help him out to see what appeals to people. Not for playing, but games people like to watch. Pretty much what would appeal to you. Any feedback would be great, thanks. Also incentives or ideas to keep people watchingm

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

None.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44133 Posts

I like watching fighting game streams but mostly just the tournaments like EVO.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

None... this trend doesn't make sense to me. However, I would guess that the games isn't the issue with your friend not gaining popularity.

Metragold2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Metragold2014
Member since 2015 • 40 Posts

@MuD3:

He switched his game from a racer to horror game once and got 5 followers that night, so games do effect it.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Based on my observations since the days of JTV, now Twitch, I have noticed 3 maybe 4 patterns for high viewership.

1. People love to watch the newest releases of games but after the game's a couple of weeks old the viewership goes down unless... #2

2. The streamer is entertaining. This is like the one most important thing because the truth is that people start watching you because of certain game but then they stay because of your charisma and it doesn't matter what you play those people will stay loyal.

3. You are a very good looking boy or girl

4. You're a famous person. For example, Joostin whatever, the actress that does Quiet on MGSV, started streaming last month and she's been getting like 4k viewers consistently just because of who she is. Another example are the personalities from e-sports like fighting game player PR Rog and Justin Wong or VoyBoy famous for playing LoL.

edit:

5. Oh and number 5, the speedrunners, people love to watch speedrunners like a lot. Especially when it's about old games like Megaman X, Mario Bros 3, Zelda OOT and stuff. In fact, when streaming was more of a new thing I used to speedrun Megaman X games on JTV and I got on average like a 100 viewers back in 2007-2008 without much effort. But now there are a bunch of speedrunners, so you have to be extremely good for people to pay you any attention.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@metragold2014 said:

Hi guys, my friend has been trying to tap into the streaming business for the last 2 years. He hasn't really lifted off too far yet, but going hard every week. I'm trying to help him out to see what appeals to people. Not for playing, but games people like to watch. Pretty much what would appeal to you. Any feedback would be great, thanks. Also incentives or ideas to keep people watchingm

You might have better luck posting in the youtube/twitch forum.

tatman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tatman87
Member since 2015 • 227 Posts

The newer the game the better chance of views. This is because many people are trying to decide if they want to play the game for themselves. They can, to some degree, mirror the streamers experience. The other thing that @Gue1 pointed out is charisma. The commentary and expressions (if using a face cam) should be engaging.

To answer your question, I no longer watch streamers anymore, but when I did I liked games that played differently for each play through. For example, I liked watching AlChestBreach play The Sims, because his story and experience was unique.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

LoL... I have never seen a live Stream of anything.

phoenix5352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 phoenix5352
Member since 2011 • 387 Posts

clash of clans , thats all i watch on youtube

Particlebit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Particlebit
Member since 2015 • 32 Posts

The most success I've seen on Twitch is with competitive or repeatable games ex. Starcraft, Hearthstone, LoL etc. Playing single player campaigns can be good, for instance in speedrunning, but streaming a casual playthrough gets hard to watch if you didn't watch from the beginning.

hotkoolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12 hotkoolaid
Member since 2013 • 1584 Posts

@Gue1: This is a pretty honest list. Its often based on playing whats super hot right now on Twitch (LoL, Dota, CS GO, Hearthstone) or the latest and greatest game that just came out. I got the most success playing Until Dawn, because I streamed it the very second it came out. I mean it, the second I could I went live. I also asked the chat to help, to assist in making decisions and go on the journey with me. I think that helps. He should know what kind of streamer he is. Does he go on a journey with the chat, or is he an expert? If he's really good at a particular type of game, he's an expert and he should be offering tips and tricks to help people. If he's using the chat, he needs to interact, he should be working with them to solve puzzles and problems and tell stories and have fun. There's no magic formula, but might help him to decide what he's good at and focus on that.