Games You Like That Others Hate

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Meta-Gnostic (977 posts) -

What games did you like a lot that other people claim were no good? I thought Perfect Dark Zero was a very good game and a lot of fun. It carried over the same exact type of game that Goldeneye and PD 1 were, with the same great gameplay. Yet, nobody likes it. I really don't understand why.

#2 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1366 posts) -

This Generation:

• Duke Nukem Forever

Last Generation:

• Driv3r
#3 Posted by jsmoke03 (13696 posts) -

my number one fav game of all time was generally disliked-kotor 2

everyone here hates cod games and sports games so that 2. oh and i liked moh and moh:warfighter....

#4 Posted by Ballroompirate (25949 posts) -

Dragon Age 2- not as good as DA Origins but I still enjoyed it.

Kotor 2- honestly I liked it a lot more than kotor, but only slightly.

RE 6- have to say I enjoyed the crap out of this game, it's not as good as RE4,RE2 and RE1 remake but it is easily my 4th fav RE game.

Serious Sam 3 BFE- don't know if people really hated it or didn't expect much, still one of my fav mindless shooters though.

Far Cry 2- the infinite respawn of check points was annoying as hell but I really enjoyed Far Cry 2.

#5 Posted by Devil-Itachi (4384 posts) -
The Dynasty Warriors style games.
#6 Posted by Justforvisit (2660 posts) -

The first Killzone

And to a lesser extend, because many like it as well, Spec Ops The Line

#7 Posted by applesxc47 (10761 posts) -

I really liked Far Cry 2. Sure, driving through endless savannah for a long time did get old, but I loved the rest of the gameplay.

#8 Posted by Twin-Blade (6805 posts) -

Do people dislike NIER? I love it to death. I enjoyed Ninety Nine Nights also. Oh, and Tenchu Z was pretty fun. Final Fantasy XIII as well, put is it hated?

Kotor 2- honestly I liked it a lot morethan kotor, but only slightly.

Ballroompirate

Hehe.

#9 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6959 posts) -
  • Saw
  • Saw 2

Far Cry 2 is disliked by people who don't appreciate the quality that's gone into it, sure there's some tedious driving and frequent enemy respawns, but how else are you going to get from A-B or have frequent action. Screw those haters.

#10 Posted by benleslie5 (8680 posts) -

Hogs of War (PS1) it was a like Worms but in 3D but has pigs in it instead

#11 Posted by joe_b1_kenobi (824 posts) -

I dont know if people gernerally disliked it or just not many played it but condemmed 2 bloodshot was one of my favourite games this gen. And underated in my opinion. Then again I do love horror games.

#12 Posted by Tokeism (2365 posts) -
Prince of Persia (2008) Far Cry 2 Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions Splinter Cell: Conviction and Double Agent
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
#13 Posted by Canvas_Of_Flesh (4052 posts) -

The first Killzone

And to a lesser extend, because many like it as well, Spec Ops The Line

Justforvisit
Completely agree on Spec Ops: The Line. It's a horribly overlooked gem that shows games really can make you give a sh!t. My pick would have to be Nier. It got mostly poor reviews but it honestly has to be one of my top five gaming experiences for the last 10 years. It's a diamond in the rough, so to speak. A great story and characters coupled with a bleak, depressing world and wonderful, haunting music creates an absolutely unforgettable atmosphere. The gameplay and sidequests left something to be desired, but I've played higher rated games with gameplay just as bad, if not worse.
#14 Posted by Jehuty08 (1951 posts) -

Prince of Persia (2008) Tokeism

was seriously disappointed when I found out that they werent going to continue the story

#15 Posted by Ballroompirate (25949 posts) -

Do people dislike NIER? I love it to death. I enjoyed Ninety Nine Nights also. Oh, and Tenchu Z was pretty fun. Final Fantasy XIII as well, put is it hated?

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Twin-Blade

Hehe.

Yeah that last part was so people don't freak out, Kotor is like if you don't think it's the best game ever made then you're a sinner. Don't get me wrong I love Kotor but it has aged poorly compared to kotor 2.

#16 Posted by Archangel3371 (23828 posts) -
I really enjoyed Too Human and found Bionic Commando a very good game.
#17 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

Apparently KOTOR 2. Never knew there was hate for the game and quite I don't think I want to believe it. Maybe not as good as KOTOR but it is by NO means a bad game. In fact by no means is it a good game; it is a great game.

#18 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Twin-Blade

Hehe.

It's practically considered the second coming of gaming Jesus in System Wars; I'm sure there are some that dislike it but from the general response I've seen (community not critics) it's a highly regarded game.

#19 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

Metroid: Other M was my favroite release for the Wii and it gets slagged quite a bit.

#20 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1390 posts) -

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2. HO LEE CRAP people talk so much sh1t about this game that even I wouldn't touch it for a while. But it turned out to be pretty good. Its still hella weird though. :|

Also, Final Fantasy 12 and 13. So many fans whined that "ohhh the last great FF was 10." Bullcrap. 12 was GREAT! 13 wasn't as good as 12 or even 10 in my opinion, but it wasn't that bad either. It was flawed but still fun.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#22 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (12848 posts) -

Hello .... I sell key games PC dowload I Sell a some type : xbox : Gift ituns xx : Code PSN Xbox Live 12 Month Gold : price Cheap. PM deal XBox Live 1600 Points : price Cheap. PM deal XBox Live 3 Month Gold : price Cheap. PM deal XBOX 4000 Points : price Cheap. PM deal Gift iTunes XX : 25$ price Cheap. PM deal Gift iTunes XX : 50$ price Cheap. PM deal Gift iTunes XX : 100$ price Cheap. PM deal Code PSN 10$ : price Cheap PM deal Code PSN 20$ : price Cheap PM deal Code PSN 50$ : price Cheap PM deal If you need contact me my yahoo : Contact My Yahoo : key_1102 Contact email : key_1102@yahoo.comgood_sell
**** off please. Back on topic. NFS Most Wanted: A criterion game is way better than what the user score suggests.

#23 Posted by josephl64 (4424 posts) -

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2. HO LEE CRAP people talk so much sh1t about this game that even I wouldn't touch it for a while. But it turned out to be pretty good. Its still hella weird though. :|

Also, Final Fantasy 12 and 13. So many fans whined that "ohhh the last great FF was 10." Bullcrap. 12 was GREAT! 13 wasn't as good as 12 or even 10 in my opinion, but it wasn't that bad either. It was flawed but still fun.

Lucky_Krystal
I have to second this, but then again most of my games are ones people hate
#24 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6054 posts) -
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames- still one of my favorite games, I sometimes spend hours just running around blowing s*** up in co op. WET- I've bought the game three times now(wore out the first one and the second was stolen), and I still play through it at least 3 times a year. Amazing soundtrack. Captain America: Super Soldier- still my favorite of the new generation beatem ups. Batman(AA and AC) may be more polished- and cringe inducing- and Sleeping Dogs may be Grand Theft Auto-y, but there's something about stomping supernazis with a giant metal disc that is eminently satisfying. Not to mention the campaign isn't long enough to become a chore on multiple replays(like Arkham City).
#25 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1390 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lucky_Krystal"]

josephl64

I have to second this, but then again most of my games are ones people hate

Yeah, same here for the most part. I think super Japanese-y games like the stuff NIS America localizes are an acquired taste. They either attract flaming hatred or get ignored all together. I like a lot of the stuff they've localized though. :P

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
#26 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30973 posts) -

I think I would say Geist I like it; I don't know about actual fans hating it but reviews hated it.

Geist reviews

Nintendo Power gave it a 5.0 and they were owned by Nintendo at the time and this is a Nintendo game.

#27 Posted by GeoffZak (3715 posts) -

Sonic06

YES

I actually did enjoy Sonic 06. I feel like I'm the only one.

The game gets an unjustified amount of hate.

It's mostly because people suck at this game. It's not easy. The controls take some getting used to.

But you know what? EVERY GAME HAS A LEARNING CURVE.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
#28 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Nier,CAUSE!

Deadly Premonition

#29 Posted by shellcase86 (3619 posts) -
GTA IV
#30 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

I loved Bloodrayne Betrayal.

Others? Not so much.

#31 Posted by lensflare15 (6612 posts) -

The Army Men games on N64/Gamecube

Spare Parts

Black Stone: Magic And Steel

Tony Hawk Project 8 and Proving Grounds

Medal of Honor Airbourne

Top Gun: Combat Zone

The Con

Frogger: The Great Quest

#32 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Spyborgs

Resident Evil 5

Final Fantasy XIII

Tekken 6 (Only Tekken game I've actually liked)

Call of Duty series

#33 Posted by vashkey (33782 posts) -
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts. One of the best games of the console generation if you ask me.
#34 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -
the two newest Final Fantasy games are probably mine