Games you have nostalgia for, but will never play again because they aren't as good as you think.

• 69 results
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#51 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I almost literally just bought it for the PS4, but GTA San Andreas. It was my favorite game for a long time and I still consider it to be in my top 3. But, I am well aware that the game hasn't aged well. It wasn't even a good looking game for its time, but it made up for that by its sheer scale. Despite the mediocre graphics, it was just an incredible game for its time and I enjoyed it a lot. I tried playing it again long after getting accustomed to the generation after it, and it just wasn't the same. Outdated mechanics and, again, the graphics are distractingly bad by more modern standards.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2925 Posts

@judaspete: Larry 1-3 are still cool games though.

AlecBeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53 AlecBeach
Member since 2018 • 4 Posts

@apomodern: Dude I had a PSP and there was a ratchet and clank game that was about Clank being a Spy and going on adventures without Ratchet and Ratchet was in jail. And I played Size matters and that was a blast.

Rogn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Rogn
Member since 2018 • 111 Posts

Usually play games i will play again, for how i do it : D

Johndmgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Johndmgs
Member since 2018 • 323 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:
@bussinrounds said:
@with_teeth26 said:

Medal of Honor Pacific Assault and Rising Sun

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Vietcong

all games I loved in their day but I doubt they have aged well

Been playing Vietcong recently and it's just fine. Especially when you compare the campaign to more modern military shooters which are a joke.

Plus it has more realism (high bullet damage, no health regen, ect..) which makes it more intense, similar to tactical shooters in that regard.

Oblivion on the other hand......was never good.

yea part of me knows this, but I played it when I was like 12 or 13 and I didn't know what good games were and I loved it at the time. still have fond memories of it.

I play RS2 Vietnam now for my realistic vietnam fix, good to hear that Vietcong hasn't aged too badly. I loved that game in its day

Oblivion is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine. I'm working on a magic build at the moment and going through the Mages Guild. The dialogue is all kinds of bad and the animations are clunky but creating custom spells is good fun. From what I remember, the main quest in that game was pretty repetitive but some of the sidequests are great. The atmosphere of the game's world is what really makes it for me. Something about exploring the forests while that Jeremy Soule score plays that's almost therapeutic in a way.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@johndmgs said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@bussinrounds said:
@with_teeth26 said:

Medal of Honor Pacific Assault and Rising Sun

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Vietcong

all games I loved in their day but I doubt they have aged well

Been playing Vietcong recently and it's just fine. Especially when you compare the campaign to more modern military shooters which are a joke.

Plus it has more realism (high bullet damage, no health regen, ect..) which makes it more intense, similar to tactical shooters in that regard.

Oblivion on the other hand......was never good.

yea part of me knows this, but I played it when I was like 12 or 13 and I didn't know what good games were and I loved it at the time. still have fond memories of it.

I play RS2 Vietnam now for my realistic vietnam fix, good to hear that Vietcong hasn't aged too badly. I loved that game in its day

Oblivion is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine. I'm working on a magic build at the moment and going through the Mages Guild. The dialogue is all kinds of bad and the animations are clunky but creating custom spells is good fun. From what I remember, the main quest in that game was pretty repetitive but some of the sidequests are great. The atmosphere of the game's world is what really makes it for me. Something about exploring the forests while that Jeremy Soule score plays that's almost therapeutic in a way.

The only good thing about Oblivion is the music and the setting for the first five-ten hours before repetition sets in and the recognition of all the bland, generic, shit design once you've had experience with it. Same for Skyrim.

APOModern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By APOModern
Member since 2018 • 12 Posts
@alecbeach said:

@apomodern: Dude I had a PSP and there was a ratchet and clank game that was about Clank being a Spy and going on adventures without Ratchet and Ratchet was in jail. And I played Size matters and that was a blast.

Never had the Secret Agent Clank game, I did have the Daxter game which I know was a big hit on the PSP

gh87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 gh87
Member since 2018 • 69 Posts

Wild Arms 2 - Mechanics and graphics were okay-ish at first. I was able to complete it. However, with so many other games, I found the graphics poor aged at best. Also, the story is kinda... I don't know... Average? Also, it has random encounters, which became less than common over the years.

Xenosaga Ep.1 - The 3d graphics aged also badly. Well, it serves as an introductory game to the Xenosaga series, and the characters are interesting to get into. However, the battle mechanics are too grindy and would make a player spend hours to improve characters. Probably still good, but the series needs a remake and re-expansion.

Tom and Jerry (SNES) - A platformer game that was a typical 2d sidescroller like any other. After watching one of YouTube videos, I realized how bad it was.

Mickey's Ultimate Challenge - A poorly-executed puzzle game, and its Medium and Hard modes are awful, especially for children.

AlecBeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 AlecBeach
Member since 2018 • 4 Posts

@apomodern: I had that Daxter game too! The one with bugs?

Williams1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Williams1993
Member since 2018 • 14 Posts

World of Tanks.

Sindroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#62 Sindroid
Member since 2009 • 718 Posts
@gwynbleidd_91 said:

Donkey Kong Country (SNES)

Dragon Age Origins

Witcher 1

Pokemon G/S/C

Had no problem playing Donkey Kong Country again. It still looks fantastic. If its for memories i totally understand.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Goldeneye, the N64 has the absolute worst controller for a fps.

dbodhisattwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 dbodhisattwa
Member since 2018 • 23 Posts

I am playing HITMAN right now. I completed it before already, but still came back to complete each mission ways and challenges. The Patient Zero DLC is good. But yeah.... its not that game for which i would come back again after completing all the missions in various ways. Still a superb game :). Do check out this short video, i am sure you would like it ;) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zyr94DoFa0

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

@vfighter said:

Goldeneye, the N64 has the absolute worst controller for a fps.

I hated Halo when it came out because I couldn't side step with buttons and just could not get the double sticks down. Playing so much Goldeneye and Perfect Dark ruined me for a while. Now I couldn't imagine going back.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#68  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Defientely the Kingdom Hearts games. I have replayed through them recently in time for 3 and the experience wasn’t as good as I remember it being when I played them as a kid.

All the series has to offer for me now is the opportunity to visit new worlds. I become brain dead during the cutscenes. I still understand the storyline for the most part though.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#70 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

@SoNin360 said:

I almost literally just bought it for the PS4, but GTA San Andreas. It was my favorite game for a long time and I still consider it to be in my top 3. But, I am well aware that the game hasn't aged well. It wasn't even a good looking game for its time, but it made up for that by its sheer scale. Despite the mediocre graphics, it was just an incredible game for its time and I enjoyed it a lot. I tried playing it again long after getting accustomed to the generation after it, and it just wasn't the same. Outdated mechanics and, again, the graphics are distractingly bad by more modern standards.

I wrote this over a year and a half ago, so I just want to say that I actually played GTA San Andreas in its entirety on the PS4 a while back and had a really good time with it. Played it without cheats and it, of course, looked much better than when I played it on the PS2.

My new answer to this would probably have to be Pokemon. I was really into the GBA Advance and early DS games. The last one I played was SoulSilver. But I just don't think playing another one would be worth my time. I've been there and done that enough times with the franchise and it just gets way too repetitive and time consuming, especially when I start getting obsessed with stats and trying to make "perfect" builds which ultimately sucks the fun out of it.