Games you always wanted, but you saw some gameplay and now won't even touch it.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PresidentKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PresidentKing
Member since 2012 • 215 Posts
Parappa the Rapper 2 Evergrace Final Fantasy X, Xiii, Xiii-2, Dirge of Cerberus, 8, 9 Megaman X5, 8 Castlevania Lords of Shadow, Super C4 Super Contra Kirby Squeak Squad Wario Ware games Super Monkeyball Super Monkeyball Adventure Sonic unleashed Sonic Heroes Most anime related games Most anime related games that are rpgs. Chrono Trigger Duck Tales Darkwing Duck (both versions.) etc. These are just some games where back in the day or recently, I had wanted to have in my gaming collection. but, after seeing some news (with images) or watching just some gameplay videos (not the whole thing of course) I lost interest and now won't even touch them. there may be an exception if very cheap, say under $5, but like I said, that would not be often and would not be any of the games I have listed in my example aboe. Sometime it's just a small thing, some time it's just a big thing, has this ever happened to you?
BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

Not particularly. If i want a game i'll buy it, if i'm not sure then i'll watch a gameplay video. But if i decide not to at that stage, it's not really going back on a desire to have the game.

I have wanted games that i've then bought and afterwards discovered they weren't what i was hoping for.

Final Fantasy XII, Devil May Cry 3, Drakengard, Odin Sphere, Prince of Persia 2 Thrones, Enter the Matrix, Red Dead Revolver, Warship Gunner, Urban Chaos.

-

It's not that these are bad games, just that i liked the look of them then found they weren't for me after playing them.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#3 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
Super Monkeyball is awesome :x the hell is wrong with you? I guess Evergrace is one of mine too. Can't think of many others.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

Why would you want a game in your collection without having seen any gameplay?

Why would you be disappointed in a game if you havn't actually played it yourself?

tab134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 tab134
Member since 2011 • 346 Posts
I never really got into watching gameplay videos. I grew up playing demos or other peoples games.
rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 rwallacefan
Member since 2005 • 4886 Posts

Parappa The Rapper 2....great game...-sad face-

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#7 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

This has never happened to me. I wouldn't allow a video to dissuade me from playing a game, I would need to gather my own impressions of the game.