warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 7540 Posts

What are some games that have great aesthetic to you that you just always enjoy.

Here's some of mine

The original Mirror's Edge with it's sunny skies and colorful environments.

Sleeping Dogs neon rainy Hong Kong

GTA Vice City of course

Until Dawn snowy setting

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 10073 Posts

Could go way off the deep end and just mention a list of games from a lot of genres. However I'll keep it more straight forward and just throw out a strong example I feel very passionate about.

Survival Horror games typically have really great aesthetics that really lures me in, something about them are sinister, quaint and comforting. the Soulborne games do this as well. Lighting, the way they tell stories though the environments is something that I really enjoy_

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 13261 Posts

Bloodborne, Katamari, Gunstar Heroes, 2D Sonic, Wonder Boy in Monster World, Chrono Trigger, Ni no Kuni, Dragon Quest 8, Galaxy Force, Phantasy Star 4, Goemon, Darius 2, Megaman 2, Flower, Journey, Super Mario Bros 2/3/World/Galaxy, Zelda 3, 2D Castlevanias, Shadow of the Colossus, R-Type Final, Streets of Rage 2/4, Ghouls & Ghosts, Returnal, Scott Pilgrim, El Shaddai, Mirror's Edge, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Metroid, Day of the Tentacle, Wipeout, Tekken 5, Transformers Devastation, 2D Ninja Gaiden, LittleBigPlanet, Xenogears, Puppeteer, Gradius

These are all very attractive/interesting/nuanced looking games

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 20844 Posts

Still can't go past Bioshock...

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 7540 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Great choice!!! still remember being blown away when the first footage of the game first came out.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 20844 Posts

@warmblur said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Great choice!!! still remember being blown away when the first footage of the game first came out.

It still blows me away to this day when I play it... its a masterpiece of digital art.

Jcdenton03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jcdenton03
Member since 2021 • 16 Posts

There have been already several games I love which I have mentioned so I'll just add some extra titles here :)

Shadow of the Colossus of couse. You can't go wrong with this one!
Shadow of the Colossus of couse. You can't go wrong with this one!
Painkiller was an awesome FPS with nasty visuals. The monastery level being one of my favorite!
Painkiller was an awesome FPS with nasty visuals. The monastery level being one of my favorite!
The S.T.A.L.K.E.R saga's Zone conveys an awesome feeling of loneliness, despair and nostalgia. Even today it's still gripping!
The S.T.A.L.K.E.R saga's Zone conveys an awesome feeling of loneliness, despair and nostalgia. Even today it's still gripping!
Half-Life 2. The Source Engine in all its full glory. Just play Garry's Mod and you'll get a huge amount of awesome maps to enjoy. Even today, the Engine still knows how to give some nice stuff to our eyes.
Half-Life 2. The Source Engine in all its full glory. Just play Garry's Mod and you'll get a huge amount of awesome maps to enjoy. Even today, the Engine still knows how to give some nice stuff to our eyes.
Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda ever. Its weird/lovecraftian atmosphere is just awesome and unique. Ikana Valley is a real gem for the eyes.
Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda ever. Its weird/lovecraftian atmosphere is just awesome and unique. Ikana Valley is a real gem for the eyes.
An almost forgotten gem that didn't deserve its fate. Clive Barker's Undying is a visual masterpiece (check the Manor, Monastery and Oneiros levels) and we truly need a remake of this one. Or a sequel. Even though one of the devs said that the licence was dead and buried back then, I still hope that one day it'll rise from the grave.
An almost forgotten gem that didn't deserve its fate. Clive Barker's Undying is a visual masterpiece (check the Manor, Monastery and Oneiros levels) and we truly need a remake of this one. Or a sequel. Even though one of the devs said that the licence was dead and buried back then, I still hope that one day it'll rise from the grave.
Deus Ex, from Warren Spector. The very first and the best of the bunch. The game which brought us awesome Cyberpunk visuals and even predicted several events from the next 20 years to come after its release in 2000. Terrorists attacks on New-York? Check. Social Media rise? Check. Global pandemia? Check. The best game of all time for me.
Deus Ex, from Warren Spector. The very first and the best of the bunch. The game which brought us awesome Cyberpunk visuals and even predicted several events from the next 20 years to come after its release in 2000. Terrorists attacks on New-York? Check. Social Media rise? Check. Global pandemia? Check. The best game of all time for me.
Ok gonna end with a game I have now been following for quite a little bit. It's not released yet but it's planed for this years. Serial Cleaners is a full love letter to the glorious 90s. We always talk about the 80s but the 90s are also a period a lot of us surely affectionate a lot (the best years for me were the early 90s after all). If you are into some nostalgia trip; I'd suggest to keep an eye on this one!
Ok gonna end with a game I have now been following for quite a little bit. It's not released yet but it's planed for this years. Serial Cleaners is a full love letter to the glorious 90s. We always talk about the 80s but the 90s are also a period a lot of us surely affectionate a lot (the best years for me were the early 90s after all). If you are into some nostalgia trip; I'd suggest to keep an eye on this one!

There are many more titles I could quote but gonna leave some space for others here. ;)