games with a good story

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cmldn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cmldn
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I search games with a good story in it can you help me

SUPERGAMER7374

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SUPERGAMER7374
Member since 2009 • 336 Posts

Any Zelda game.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
there are a lot of cinematic games with good stories, but a lot of not-so-cinematic ones do too. metroid prime and ico, for instance, arent loaded with cutscenes but they have very good video game stories that the player experiences.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
The Persona series. Metal Gear Solid series.
TleilaxuMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 TleilaxuMaster
Member since 2005 • 272 Posts

100 CIassic Book Collection for Nintendo DS

This.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Planescape Torment Doesn't matter what kind of PC you have, it will run.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
Because I'm currently playing it, I have to recommend Psychonauts...
HaloFanBoy17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 HaloFanBoy17
Member since 2007 • 338 Posts

1. Bioshock

2. Mass Effect

3. Psychonauts

4. Uncharted 1 and 2

5. Batman Arkham Asylum

6. Assassin's Creed 1 and 2

7. Metal Gear Solid 1-4

8. Brutal Legend

9. Half Life 1 and 2 (plus episodes 1 and 2 in the Orange Box)

10. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 muthsera666
9. Half Life 1 and 2 (plus episodes 1 and 2 in the Orange Box)HaloFanBoy17
Half-Life 2? Really? Maybe it's me, but I just couldn't get into the game at all. The gameplay didn't feel all that great, and the story felt lacking to me. However, I didn't make it too far into the game. Just to Ravenholm. I didn't really have a reason to play... The atmosphere was great, I will say that.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
[QUOTE="HaloFanBoy17"]9. Half Life 1 and 2 (plus episodes 1 and 2 in the Orange Box)muthsera666
Half-Life 2? Really? Maybe it's me, but I just couldn't get into the game at all. The gameplay didn't feel all that great, and the story felt lacking to me. However, I didn't make it too far into the game. Just to Ravenholm. I didn't really have a reason to play... The atmosphere was great, I will say that.

There really isn't that much story to it but the narrative is as good as it gets.
rassklot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rassklot
Member since 2009 • 96 Posts

zelda games.. mgs... bioshock

and my personal favourite -- KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#12 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

One of the best storys I've come accross so far was 'The Longest Journey'

Teekal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Teekal
Member since 2003 • 371 Posts

100 CIassic Book Collection for Nintendo DS

This.

TleilaxuMaster

LOL! I've got to get me that...

On topic:

Nobody's mentioned Dragon Age Origins?Really? I loved the story in that one. Great for if you like medieval ****western rpg's.

Also, if you like old-school pc games at all, the Baldur's Gate games are great.

I haven't beaten it yet, but Mass Effect is really good too, and the voice acting is amazing, which does a lot to bring the story to life.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gunswordfist
Member since 2006 • 20262 Posts
[QUOTE="HaloFanBoy17"]

1. Bioshock

2. Mass Effect

3. Psychonauts

4. Uncharted 1 and 2

5. Batman Arkham Asylum

7. Metal Gear Solid 1-4

8. Brutal Legend

Well it's more like Half Life 1 and MGS2 have exciting plots and not exactly great stories but I agree with MGS3 and 4.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 muthsera666
One of the best storys I've come accross so far was 'The Longest Journey'DecadesOfGaming
I started playing TLJ a while ago, and it did start out really strong. It looked like it had a lot of story potential.
Avatar image for deactivated-57d32c9daf505
deactivated-57d32c9daf505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-57d32c9daf505
Member since 2009 • 214 Posts

Valkyria Chronicles has a very good story, you should absolutely check it out if you have a PS3!

Got_to_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Got_to_go
Member since 2009 • 2036 Posts
Shadow of the Colossus-Both this and Ico are made by the same team and use very minimalist storytelling. It leaves you to speculate on themes such as death, morality, and the nature of what you're doing Ico-Like Shadow of the Colossus, it uses minimalist storytelling, but it's this kind of storytelling that makes you care very deeply about the characters. Silent Hill 2-It, like SotC, leaves you to speculate on some pretty heavy stuff. It also has a very excellent atmosphere. Half Life series-You're never told a whole lot. All of what you see is through the eyes of Gordon Freeman. Still, it has one of the strongest narratives in the entire medium. Bioshock-Excellent atmosphere. I never got into the gameplay a whole lot, but I'm a minority. Great story. Metal Gear Solid series Your mileage may vary. Some like the vast array of interesting characters, some say the story is too convoluted.
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

Pretty much any Bioware game; you name it, it's got a deep and engaging story that the player helps shape: Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Jade Empire, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Baldur's Gate, etc

And how is Zelda getting thrown in there? The draw of that series is the gameplay, and a "story" is just sort of thrown in as an excuse for your character to be there.

BioFantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BioFantasy
Member since 2010 • 102 Posts

Bioshock, MGS4, uncharted 2, ME2.

Morgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Morgoth678
Member since 2010 • 45 Posts

1. Bioshock

2. Mass Effect

3. Psychonauts

4. Uncharted 1 and 2

5. Batman Arkham Asylum

7. Metal Gear Solid 1-4

8. Brutal Legend

HaloFanBoy17
I agree with this person. I also really liked Dead Space... The story might not be the most original, but I did like how it unfolded and such.
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
Indigo Prophecy aka Farenheit
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
Indigo Prophecy aka Farenheit
FlamingPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 FlamingPain
Member since 2010 • 83 Posts

I dont wanna be offensive, but I really had to lol as I read Zelda. For me this has about the level of a Mario game story wise. Even Metroid Prime wasnt really that great with the plot. But lets get to my favs:

Tales of Symphonia: Best rpg story and will most likely ever have that title for me. Many great twists and a meaningful plot overall.

Warcraft 3 and The Frozen Throne: Its just epic and has so many great characters. WoW ruins the plot more and more as days go on (not like I totally hate what WoW is doing but it could have been done so much better).

Kingdom Hearts 2: Except the whole Disney crap it was awesome but the main story was over way too fast. This game is so much better than KH 1.

Baten Kaitos and Prequel: Wonderful plot with so many turns and unpredictable things happening, but the game felt dragged to be very long.

There are more but these should be the games with the best plot for me.

Runko90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Runko90
Member since 2009 • 128 Posts

Pretty much any Final fantasy game.

vampire masquerade bloodlines, The Witcher, Mass effect, Kingdom hearts, phoenix wright

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#25 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
[QUOTE="FlamingPain"]

I dont wanna be offensive, but I really had to lol as I read Zelda. For me this has about the level of a Mario game story wise. Even Metroid Prime wasnt really that great with the plot. But lets get to my favs:

Tales of Symphonia: Best rpg story and will most likely ever have that title for me. Many great twists and a meaningful plot overall.

Warcraft 3 and The Frozen Throne: Its just epic and has so many great characters. WoW ruins the plot more and more as days go on (not like I totally hate what WoW is doing but it could have been done so much better).

Kingdom Hearts 2: Except the whole Disney crap it was awesome but the main story was over way too fast. This game is so much better than KH 1.

Baten Kaitos and Prequel: Wonderful plot with so many turns and unpredictable things happening, but the game felt dragged to be very long.

There are more but these should be the games with the best plot for me.

no, metroid prime had an exceptional story because of the way it was told. it unfolded for player in the format of their own investigation. the more you investigate, the more you learn about the story and the world that is its context. beyond the masterful presentation, you still have a tale sprinkled with black humor and smart elements that defy genre cliche. the natural resource being pillaged isnt some beautiful forest or majestic livestock. its a poisonous radiactive waste. its elements like these that make for a great video game story, not necessarily hours of cutscenes and an endless cast of characters.
Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#26 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

[QUOTE="DecadesOfGaming"]One of the best storys I've come accross so far was 'The Longest Journey'muthsera666
I started playing TLJ a while ago, and it did start out really strong. It looked like it had a lot of story potential.

if you get the opportunity, it's worth finishing..just to experience the finale !

:)

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 muthsera666
Half Life series-You're never told a whole lot. All of what you see is through the eyes of Gordon Freeman. Still, it has one of the strongest narratives in the entire medium.Got_to_go
Sigh. I guess I really need to try to force myself to play through Half-Life 2. Maybe it's just me...
Teekal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Teekal
Member since 2003 • 371 Posts

It's not just you Muthsera, I'm having problems beating it too. I'm on my 3rd attempt, and Ravenholme is the furthest I've gotten. Something about the story feels like "Hi thar, I'm your old budd--OHNOAS, CALAMITY! Run for it!" [Insert drawn-out fighting portion] "Phew, we made it, as I was about to tell you befor-- OHNOAS! Here they are again, flee!"

:P

There are some really cool parts to it though, watching people get beaten up on the streets and the underground railroad feel is nifty. But it's just a matter of getting through the whole thing, I guess...

amoremono1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 amoremono1
Member since 2009 • 386 Posts

1. Bioshock

2. Mass Effect

3. Psychonauts

4. Uncharted 1 and 2

5. Batman Arkham Asylum

7. Metal Gear Solid 1-4

8. Brutal Legend

HaloFanBoy17

Nice list for a Halo fan!!! (j/k)

I agree with all of this, plus the other Bioware games 9 (Im loving Dragon Age), FFX and Tactics (probably others too...), Heavenly Sword (had the beginnings of a great story if they wouldve finished the trilogy), Jak II & 3, and Beyond Good and Evil

Deus_Ex_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 Deus_Ex_Fan
Member since 2006 • 625 Posts

I search games with a good story in it can you help me

cmldn
Deus Ex. You start off thinking one allegiance is "right" in the very beginning, only to question it and the others, all based on your own morals/ethics. Uniquely open ended. The datacubes you'll find have passages from books (from 19th century authors at that), that weave so well into the game, you'll be eager to discover more to see if it offers any clues (both in game and what are the developers trying to tell the players). One of the best games that mixes real life events (in a believeable way) with a computer world. You'll also will notice the NYC the Twin Towers didn't exist, the devs said they believed the towers would've been destroyed by 2029. How's that for premonitions, like one year later after the game was released? Amazing game.