Games too Difficult for you to Play.

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kocelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Kocelot
Member since 2011 • 816 Posts
1. BF BC 2 - I cant kill anybody. I die before I see the enemy. Random explosions dont make a game cooler. 2. RTS games - What the frick do I click? 3. CS 1.6 and CS:S - Hey a i see somebody! BAABAABOOM! "WTH?" So basically I always die right when I see the enemy. 4. TF 2 - I like the look and feel of the game. But ffs! does nobody in this game die? I know its not like COD, but this hp is waaaayyy too much for me. 5. COD: MW2 - I dont think I suck at COD, its just MW2 that was ridiculously unbalanced with the OP guns and 0.00002 second deaths. 6. Fighting Games - Too little content in fighting games for me to get into, so I barely practice as much as others do. I can be good at games if I dedicate enough time and effort into them, but there are just too many games for me to practice.. and theres the fact that a lot of games take a loooong time to become good at. So what games do you find too difficult to play?
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Looks like you're bad a anything with mutliplayer... :S
Kocelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Kocelot
Member since 2011 • 816 Posts
Looks like you're bad a anything with mutliplayer... :SMonsieurX
Those arent all of the multiplayer games. :\
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

lol wow I'm glad I have the abilities to pick up any game and learn quickly the best way to win and survive. All of those games are easy to me.

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

Counter Strike Source - Seriously, it's rare that I get to kill more than 1 or 2 persons during a game.

Street Fighter games - The AI is so cheap and people online are beasts.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#6 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Most online FPS games. I hardly ever get a lot of kills. I do get a lot of points in games like Bad Company 2 or Team Fortress 2 where I can play as a support class.

Corpseman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Corpseman1
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Red Orchestra- A player will snipe you right out of nowhere as soon as you step out of cover.
gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

Fighting games in general are way too difficult for me. I tried playing both Street Fighter and MvC online, but that was a disaster, got destroyed in pretty much every match, so I stay away from most fighting games.

Also, I don't really play them, but sports games and RTS, since I really have no clue what's going on there.

Aside from that I do an okay job at most other genres, online or offline. I guess my strongest would be shooters and driving/racing games.

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

Demon Souls, StarCraft's multiplayer.

KillerWabbit23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 KillerWabbit23
Member since 2009 • 3466 Posts

99% of fighting games.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#12 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts
Etrian odyssey really tough rpg
GojiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GojiMaster
Member since 2009 • 451 Posts

Battletoads for NES

Any singing game on difficult or expert

Halo-- I can't can't friggin' figure out how to be good on Halo. I am decent at many other FPS games but definitely not Halo.

LtReviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#14 LtReviews
Member since 2009 • 940 Posts

Well, your list is composed of games that are difficult to everybody but players that specialize in them.

BFBC 2; the game requires an enourmous amount of situational awareness. Players who are used to any other FPS will definitely have a low K/D ratio for a while- it takes getting used to. One simple tip; when running across a road, or any opening where there is a chance you may get shot, WAIT for someone else to run in front of you. If they get killed (and in Battlefield, its always likely) than you know not to run there, and sometimes you can even kill the guy that shot him if he was spotted before getting the kill. Follow people all the time, and eventually you will intuitively know danger/safe. It isn't a problem with skill, its experience.

As for fighting games, they cater to people with fast reflexes and a good memory. You can naturally not have fast reflexes, and you can't really gain them. I'm sure you can get faster, but to this day I can't play competitive fighting games because I just can't react fast enough. I don't have slow reflexes, but I find the people playing fighting games often are very fast. It also requires an immense amount of memorization for combos in certain games, and I just don't have the time or will for that.

If by CS you mean counter-strike. It's an old game, and was imensely popular. Nowadays it is only the ultra-devotional or once-hardcore CS players. They are all freakishly good. Alot are also freakishly geeky. For some reason, CS has more hackers than any other game I played.

Modern Warfare: Call of Duty is incredibly biased to good players, kill streaks heavily outweigh death streaks. Also, good players will find other good players to team up with and stack a team, filling it many times. PLayers who aren't skilled often don't play as much anyway, and so don't seek out regular teamates. Thus the naturally unbalanced gameplay combines with the unbalanced nature of competition to make it seemingly hard. I just camp the whole time, works great.

RTS games are filled with players who memorized to the last detail their strategies, they've spent ALOT of time, and ALOT of games, and probably started out losing ALOT. These are the people who are undetterred by frustration, because there is nothing more frustrating than losing in an RTS game. Well thought out tactics appear to new players as "cheap" and "unfair" when in fact, the game is built around them. RTS junkies and hardcore gamers make multipalyer unbearable to newcomers. I used to be good at Dawn of WAr, but expansions kept coming out, so I got tired of learning new strategies.

I don't have time to get good at these. I have a select few mp games I'm good at, the rest is single player. You are probably like me in that you like games, but don't have a huge amount of time to set aside for practice

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Of that list, probably TF2. I just don't get that game. It's classified as a twitch shooter yes? Well, I suck at it.
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

X3: Who designed this game? Learning curve makes a seasoned gamer of 15 years cry at trying to learn it.

Aspen706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Aspen706
Member since 2010 • 4560 Posts
Ninja gaiden 2.
Adam_the_Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Adam_the_Nerd
Member since 2006 • 4403 Posts
I'm terrible at Counter-Strike and CoD. RTS and fighting games I hit a plateau - either I don't have enough time to practice or I just can't get better no matter how much I practice.
kussese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kussese
Member since 2008 • 1555 Posts

Blazblue. Actually, most 2D fighters. I can't do quarter circles with a D Pad :|

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts
The first Dishwasher game, it's awesome but just too damn hard for me to finish. I think the sequel though was just right, hope for more.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Dead rising 2, i just dont have the "stomach for it"
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
currently the Tactics Ogre remake on PSP is getting a little to hard for me
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

X3: Who designed this game? Learning curve makes a seasoned gamer of 15 years cry at trying to learn it.

Whiteblade999
Really? I never played any of the X2, X3 games. Jumped right into X3 - Terran Conflict as I heard it's the least buggy game of the series. Takes some fiddling of the controls but the rest was pretty easy to figure out. A lot of people say it has a steep learning curve and it could take a few days to learn how to play it right. I'm glad I didn't find it that hard or else it would have just ended up in my backlog. :P
amirzaim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 amirzaim
Member since 2007 • 1720 Posts
NFS Hot Pursuit- Damn too hard to steer that car, feel driving a tank in high speed!
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
Like every second TBS there is.
no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 no_more_fayth
Member since 2010 • 11928 Posts

I don't know, dude.

But when I play fighting games, I train on one character for like 358 hours, my sister comes in and picks up a controller, never having played it.

She beats my ass.

cheese654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cheese654
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
racing games 0_0
Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts

Metal Gear Online. Not that I hate playing, I love it... but everyone is just so damn good with the headshots.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#30 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
None. I am 1337. Give me time with any game, and I will get good at it.
KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

Dead rising 2, i just dont have the "stomach for it"dakan45

Actually, the first one isn't easy at all, I repeated the game multiple times until I could beat it at level 40.

UnchartedZone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 UnchartedZone
Member since 2011 • 219 Posts
What? Did you just say you didn't like Bad Company 2? That game is my favourite online FPS so far, and it can probably only be topped by the upcoming Battlefield 3! I died a lot too when I first started playing, but after a few hours, you'll get the hang of it and it gets really fun. Just remember to fire in bursts unless you're using an LMG, play your role (e.g. throw out ammo packs if playing as an Assault) and be smart. Don't rush out whenever you see an enemy or a battle.
Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sharpie125
Member since 2005 • 3904 Posts

Red Orchestra- A player will snipe you right out of nowhere as soon as you step out of cover.Corpseman1

Hehe, it's become my pride that I've somewhat learned to kill a man in the shape of a pixel off in the distance with a boltie. Really though, if you keep moving, an intermediate RO player still wouldn't be able to hit you. If you do get killed when you're flat-out sprinting, I think your enemy deserves that kill.

As for difficult games, literally any competitive fighters. I can play against bots fine, but when it comes to real countering and combos, I'm completely lost.

Roweanos313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 Roweanos313
Member since 2009 • 593 Posts

1. BF BC 2 - I cant kill anybody. I die before I see the enemy. Random explosions dont make a game cooler. 2. RTS games - What the frick do I click? 3. CS 1.6 and CS:S - Hey a i see somebody! BAABAABOOM! "WTH?" So basically I always die right when I see the enemy. 4. TF 2 - I like the look and feel of the game. But ffs! does nobody in this game die? I know its not like COD, but this hp is waaaayyy too much for me. 5. COD: MW2 - I dont think I suck at COD, its just MW2 that was ridiculously unbalanced with the OP guns and 0.00002 second deaths. 6. Fighting Games - Too little content in fighting games for me to get into, so I barely practice as much as others do. I can be good at games if I dedicate enough time and effort into them, but there are just too many games for me to practice.. and theres the fact that a lot of games take a loooong time to become good at. So what games do you find too difficult to play?Kocelot

battletoads, double dragon, and Dragon age origins. all i have yet to beat

other than this i have yet to find a game that is "difficult" to me.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Devil May Cry 1+3 on Normal and higher difficulties.

Super R-Type,or most space shooters.

Super Ghouls n Ghosts.

Sin and Punishment Succesor of the Skies.

JotaPreisler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JotaPreisler
Member since 2011 • 153 Posts

Counter Strike: My K/D Ratio is always something like 0.0000001 because there are too many hardcore players

Starcraft 2: I'm too lazy to learn the hotkeys and all

Diablo 2: It's not that I can't play it, but its so damn difficult for me that I end up sweating after some battles (not literally...)

Demon's Souls: No need for explanation

lasseeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lasseeb
Member since 2010 • 1186 Posts

Super mari bros :P

ImBananas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ImBananas
Member since 2009 • 1793 Posts

Metal Gear Online. Not that I hate playing, I love it... but everyone is just so damn good with the headshots.

sinistergoggles
It's still alive!? Dang, I need a PS3 and MGS4...I'd probably play as Raiden. Anyway, for me, the game that's JUST too hard is MGS3 Snake Eater version, it's fun and I can survive a gunfight, but when I sneak, I get caught because I got used to MGS2 and its deaf guards, plus, when I just barely touch the analog stick, just BARELY enough to move, he starts running, it's like he can't sneak. MGS3 Subsistence would be so much easier for me. I envy you, MGS3S owners :P honestly though, I want MGS3S some day.
A_Mobile_Doll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 A_Mobile_Doll
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts

sinistergoggles

I completely agree. I could never get the hang on aiming.

Its still a fun game though.

Ewan-Lumsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ewan-Lumsden
Member since 2011 • 95 Posts

Cannot get platinum on Wipeout HD, impossible!

WinsteadVolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 WinsteadVolve
Member since 2011 • 366 Posts

Just one: ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West - on the hardest difficulty, now I'm not normally bad on the hardest difficulty, but this was ludricrously stupidly hard.

mariomaster16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#42 mariomaster16
Member since 2008 • 762 Posts

I'm generally good at fighters, but BlazBlue is pretty frustrating, and a few Darkstalkers combos are just ridiculous. Also, I hate it when people start juggling you and you can't move. I like fighters, but playing online is cheap, and frustrating.

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#43 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts
Games like Ninja Gaiden and DOA. guess I'm just not fast enough. I still like them though.
LazyMushroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LazyMushroom
Member since 2011 • 914 Posts

I seriously suck at fighting games.

ModeDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ModeDude
Member since 2009 • 1135 Posts
I found Final Fantasy 8 quite a hard game personally, but mostly because of a lot of the stuff in it was rather unfamiliar to me.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

wowww. So you think BFBC2 has just random explosions?? BFBC2 is a very deep game once you put the time in.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

I haven't really played any singleplayer games that were too hard, I am good at MP, but I'm not good at "realistic" MP where you die in like three hits.

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

I'd have to say Demon Souls. I already beat it of course. It's the fact that it gets even harder after you beat it that drains away my motivation to keep on playing.

Mo-licious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Mo-licious
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

I'd have to say Demon Souls. I already beat it of course. It's the fact that it gets even harder after you beat it that drains away my motivation to keep on playing.

el3m2tigre
I love a challenge but this game kicks my ass. I need a strategy guide as I find early in I'm 'running away' as after dying time and time again I keep running out of souls and 'meds' but the bad guying keep regenerating. Oh well... gotta keep chipping away ....some day I'll finish it (lawl) ;)
Beard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Beard_
Member since 2010 • 1066 Posts

As long as the game is well designed, there really aren't any. I've had terrible learning curves with games like I Wanna be the Guy, Super Meat Boy, The Adventures of Bayou Billy, etc. However, if the gameplay is precise and difficulty is legitimate, then I'll always plug my way though until I beat the game.

There are some games that I've never beaten, but it's never been 100% because of difficulty. The closest I can think of is from old SHUMPS like Galaga and Gun-Nac.