Games this year that you finally got around to playing after wanting to for a while?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#1 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Doesn’t have to be games from this year specifically.

I just thought because of quarantine, some people have more time on their hands and maybe decided to pick up a game they’ve been meaning to check out.

None for me, though I’d be interested in hearing about others.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11669 Posts

Well finally tried a Red Faction game, and the one majority rave as the best entry (Guerrilla). Been curious for a few years now.

Passable is the best way I can explain. Not worth any of the praise I've seen it given. Mediocre across the board, even its central gimmick 'destruction' isn't that big a factor because its limitations are always thrown in your face and have no real impact on the majority of how you are forced to play the game.

Better luck with my next random gaming pick I suppose. Dishonored was certainly a treat last year.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I finally played two of the most talked about games of last year. Jedi Fallen Order and Resident Evil 2 Remake. Both very solid and fun games.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17812 Posts

@Yams1980: oh man thats going back. i played it on the xbox. good fun and also very funny/silly. apparently the topsy turvy bomb thingy was originally a bug :P.

if you liked that then i definitely recommend giants citizen kabuto (made by the same team) if you can find it.

i'm about to finish xenoblade 2 after owning it for 3 years and playing it in 3 very long stints. the game is frickin huge. it is also disappointing unfortunately :(. it should have been great. it has the ingredients to go down as one of the all time greats......but its just sooo bogged down and messy with threads going off nowhere and characters going completely off the rocker in the end. the greatness only comes out in very brief flashes before it gets lost and bogged down again. It badly needed another year in the oven to be honest. A terrible shame.

I think i am going to play deus ex human revolution after this. I have started it a few times but then i always got distracted by something else so i think i'm going to sit down and play this properly.

....The only thing is Xenoblade 1 is coming and that is one of the all time greats.

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

Mount and Blade Bannerlord comes to mind, though that's mostly because I've been waiting for this game to come out for quite a long time given how much I played and enjoyed Warband.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#7 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11669 Posts

It's not video game related but due to the lock-down me and a few friends have started a tabletop 5E campaign of Dungeons and Dragons to have a better sense of how everything works in Baldur's Gate III, considering Larian Studios want to replicate that format into a game.

The DM we have is very punishing and I expect us all to die before we can even hit level three haha (we haven't levelled at all yet). But it's a lot of fun despite myself being far from the most imaginative person in the world, I've more been the logical tactician of the group. Oh, and playing as a Gnome because based on the guide book fits my thought-process.

Sahugani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 158

User Lists: 4

#8 Sahugani
Member since 2016 • 131 Posts

@osan0: I didn't get to XBC1 until 2018 I think (really hard to find in Canada). I thought for sure I had built to large of an expectation but damn... al-time greats is right. XBC2 doesn't exactly look like my style.

This year so far I finally got around to Wind Waker, Phoenix Wright 2, Age of Empires 1-2, Star Wars Shadows of the Empire, Machinarium... currently going through Doom 64. Been pretty productive :D

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

I showed my kids Horizon Zero Dawn recently, figuring they'd get a kick out of watching me hunt robot dinosaurs. They're a bit young for some of the content, but the game has a lot of positive themes and the human violence is without gore/blood. I started a new game and we went through the entire story over several weeks. While I had beaten the game originally when it came out, I never finished the Frozen Wilds DLC so some of the content was new for me. I had forgotten how great that game was.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Final Fantasy 7, the original. Never beat it personally. Might as well correct that now.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#13 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

I was playing AC4 Black Flag on 360 when I got my X1 four years ago. I finally went back and finished it last weekend.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#14 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@speeny said:

Doesn’t have to be games from this year specifically.

I just thought because of quarantine, some people have more time on their hands and maybe decided to pick up a game they’ve been meaning to check out.

None for me, though I’d be interested in hearing about others.

I am going trough Shadow Warrior (2013, Flying Wild Hog)

Bought it years ago during a sale and finally got to installing it a few weeks back. Not bad at all.

It is making me want to pick up the sequel during the next sale.

sippio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 sippio
Member since 2015 • 2580 Posts

Cool Topic.

Games I finally played this year

~Batman Arkham Origins Xbox360 played on Xbox1~AMAZING!

~Crimson Sky OG Xbox on Xbox1~ Loved it & still playing

~Bully on Xbox1~ Bored quit after 3 hours

~New ToeJam & Earl PS4~loved it..Rented via Gamefly & bought for $12 bucks.

~American Truck Driver~ PC ~Love it & still playing everyday

~Hand of Fate 2 ~PC~Another game I really liked but I bored quit about 30 hours in.

I want to go back. maybe i'll pick it up on console.

***Games I want to play & already bought***

Bladestorm NIghtmare,,,,AssCreed Odysey,,,,HorizonZeroDawn GOTY,,Spiderman Web Shadows,,Battlefield1943,,,

Madden 2005,,,The Sabateur,Project Sylpheed,,Valkyrie Chronicles,,RatchetClank All4One,,ok i'll stop..

Ive been enjoying buying/collecting/playing old school games..

TLDR;

~~Bought a PS2 and played NHL 2002 +2003 for 1st time.. Now I want to get a new TV that has component female ports.

I played it in living Room when I 1st got monster component cables but The wife lurks about downstairs..

What sucks is I just got a new 4K tv last year and it's huge but no component.

So I got a CRTV to see how it would look on a SOny Trinitron Wega 43" the thing is seriously 250LBS!!!

Looks like garbage! Must be 1/2 dead cause iremember my original Sony Trinitron back in 2003'ish being apic & amazing quality.

~Surprised PS2 w/ Component looks so awesome on a Smasung 1080p newer flat Panel. But it did..

Sorry bout the OT rant everyone.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

Mainly it's been Rage 2 and South Park: The stick of Truth for me so far.

Sadpolar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sadpolar7
Member since 2016 • 108 Posts

Dragon Quest 11. First dq game I ever played and it really filled that old school jrpg itch I’ve been having. Between this and Octopath I’m realizing Final Fantasy isn’t where I should look for this genre anymore. Anyone who like FF10 and under should consider playing DQ11.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#18 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@sadpolar7 said:

Dragon Quest 11. First dq game I ever played and it really filled that old school jrpg itch I’ve been having. Between this and Octopath I’m realizing Final Fantasy isn’t where I should look for this genre anymore. Anyone who like FF10 and under should consider playing DQ11.

I'm a pretty big DQ fan from what I've played and even though D11 was great, it's not my favourite. Not sure why to be honest. I enjoyed DQ7 on the 3DS even more and have yet to play DQ8 which I purchased from CeX a couple of months back.