Games That You Think Would Make Great Movies?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BlackGenjii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 12

#1 BlackGenjii
Member since 2013 • 256 Posts

A few of the games that I think would make great movies are listed below;

Halo/Halo 2/Halo 3

Fable

Mass Effect (imagine if Stanly Kubrick was still alive, and he made a movie of this)

Max Payne (the movie they did stunk, but imagine what it would be like if David Fincher were too do it)

Gears of War (could be Legend Directors Cut meets fellowship of the Ring meets Saving Private Ryan... done right of course)

Ocarina of Time (now this one could be up there with Legend directors Cut for how epic and transporting it would be... if it was done right)

Half-Life & Half-Life 2 (imagine if Christopher Nolan directed these, I think he'd make them great)

Turok; Dinosaur Hunter (if only Ridley Scott could stay old school for this one, then you'd know it would be in the right hands)

Deus ex (another one I'd like too see David Fincher tackle, if not him then Rian Johnson)

Those are only a few of the games that I think could make great films.

What are some of the games that YOU think could make great films, and what director do you think would serve them the best justice?

Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

Halo would make a pretty good film. It already made a great collection of anime with halo legends. I also think Nier would make a good anime movie, or short series.

BlackGenjii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BlackGenjii

@Yoshi9000 said:

Halo would make a pretty good film. It already made a great collection of anime with halo legends. I also think Nier would make a good anime movie, or short series.

I never played Nier, but I saw some gameplay footage of it and it looked like it would be fun.

Would you recommend that game to someone who loves high fantasy and RPGs?

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Dues Ex HR, God of War, Crysis (leave out #2), Dragon Age Origins, Kingdom of Amalur, Trinity Souls of Zill O'll.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ristactionjakso

@BlackGenjii said:

@Yoshi9000 said:

I never played Nier, but I saw some gameplay footage of it and it looked like it would be fun.

It's a pretty good action rpg. Good story and great characters. Lengthy with multiple endings too.

BlackGenjii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BlackGenjii

@ristactionjakso said:

@BlackGenjii said:

@Yoshi9000 said:

It's a pretty good action rpg. Good story and great characters. Lengthy with multiple endings too.

thanks for replying, I'll have too try that game out.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ristactionjakso

@BlackGenjii said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@BlackGenjii said:

@Yoshi9000 said:

thanks for replying, I'll have too try that game out.

It's pretty cheap now too. Only bad things are that it gets off to a really slow start and some of the side missions are terrible fetch quests.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

animated movie based on Grim Fandango. actually.. now that I think about it, a non-animated Grim Fandango movie would be pretty sick too. especially if done by someone like Frank Miller/Robert Rodriguez

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

David Lynches: Deus Ex

Alexandra Aja and James Cameron's respectively: Shadow of the Colossus.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

A mass effect movie would be awesome. But Id let a good director handle it like Scorsese or Speilberg.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#11  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I think there's still potential for a good Silent Hill movie. give it to the right director and you have a great psychological horror film.

I also think both Xenoblade and Chrono Trigger would make great shortish anime series.

Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12  Edited By Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

@BlackGenjii said:

@Yoshi9000 said:

Like ristactionjakso said, the story and characters are great. It's a dark and twisted plot, and doesn't have many of the clichés most JRPG characters and stories have. The gameplay can get repetitive at times from hacking and slashing enemies over and over again, but there is a deep reason for this once you uncover the story. Side missions are boring, but some open up dialogue between characters, so don't write them off as completely unnecessary. Basically, it's a story driven game, and if you can invest yourself in stories with fun characters and an interesting plot, it should be worth it. Not all the gameplay is repetitive though. I found the bosses to be fun, and there are some clever riddles and puzzles thrown in for variety. It's a very unique game.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#13 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Ben Affleck's The Last of Us

Shane Black's Spec Ops:The Line

Quentin Tarantino's Knights of the Old Republic

RoyalClown_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#14 RoyalClown_1
Member since 2014 • 117 Posts

Sleeping Dogs, that short movie they made for it was badass.

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

Starhawk

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Dante's Inferno

Binary Domain