Games that you enjoyed but at the same time just wanted to be over and done with?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2343 Posts

Maybe you enjoyed the game but once you realised that you were nearing it's end, wanted to be over and done with it. Unfortunately, I can get like this with a lot of games no matter how much I liked them. I'm constantly looking forward to the "next thing."

The perfect example I could give for me recently would be Dragon Quest XI S. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game. But, it took me roughly 56 hours to beat. Which is considered to be the average amount in order to beat the main story.

(For some strange reason, I never grew tired of Dragon Quest VII on the 3DS though. That's considered an even longer game too. Even though I beat it in the same amount of time from memory.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 40619 Posts

Death Stranding comes to mind. I like the world surrounding it when it comes to sci-fi but at the same time, I just wanted to be done and gone. I like it but it was time to move on from that game. It was a love/hate type of game.

Dragon Age: Inquisition also had it's problems. Like the game but man, it was getting to the point the gameplay was getting dull, I just tried to get that game out the way and never look back.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 3512 Posts

Alice: Madness Returns. I love this game, but it's a few hours too long for the amount of variety in the gameplay. I think I would have enjoyed the game a bit more if it was a little shorter, or had more boss fights.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 1384 Posts

Persona 5. I enjoyed it, but it was a long ass game to complete. Got a little bit fed up with the game towards the end, it felt like it was dragging on forever. Once I completed it I was I never touched it again. Think I spent about 90hrs.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Speeny

@judaspete: That's a game that's been on my backlog for a while now. The PC game seems hard to find. I know they took it down from Steam so I'll be on the hunt for a physical copy eventually.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Speeny
@omegamaster said:

Persona 5. I enjoyed it, but it was a long ass game to complete. Got a little bit fed up with the game towards the end, it felt like it was dragging on forever. Once I completed it I was I never touched it again. Think I spent about 90hrs.

Yeah I've heard it's a long game. I've never played a Persona game myself.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 40619 Posts

@speeny said:

@judaspete: That's a game that's been on my backlog for a while now. The PC game seems hard to find. I know they took it down from Steam so I'll be on the hunt for a physical copy eventually.

Alice: The Madness Return is on EA Origin and EA owns that game. You won't find it on Steam, just on EA Origin .

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#8 nepu7supastar7  Online
Member since 2007 • 5520 Posts

@davillain-:

So were the rumors true about Death Stranding being mostly a walking simulator? Like, what's the ratio of walking to action like?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Speeny

@davillain- said:
@speeny said:

Alice: The Madness Return is on EA Origin and EA owns that game. You won't find it on Steam, just on EA Origin .

Oh ok, thanks for the heads-up.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 21695 Posts

@judaspete said:

Alice: Madness Returns. I love this game, but it's a few hours too long for the amount of variety in the gameplay. I think I would have enjoyed the game a bit more if it was a little shorter, or had more boss fights.

If it's any consolation, American McGee agrees: he says he wishes he had time to tighten up the game and cut a bit of unnecessary content before shipping it.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25864 Posts

Feeling that way with Sekiro a little. It's awesome yes but I started it in Oct and guess I'm two thirds through?

I tend to take fortnightly breaks, get through loads of the game over a weekend then repeat.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 7113 Posts

@davillain- said:

Death Stranding comes to mind. I like the world surrounding it when it comes to sci-fi but at the same time, I just wanted to be done and gone. I like it but it was time to move on from that game. It was a love/hate type of game.

Dragon Age: Inquisition also had it's problems. Like the game but man, it was getting to the point the gameplay was getting dull, I just tried to get that game out the way and never look back.

I never could love Dragon Age Inquisition. I just past the part where they call me inquisitor because I stopped a rift or something and now needs to make pack with a state or whatever. Havent been playing it for a while but Really want to get back to the game someday and find out what is going on.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9006 Posts

just wanted to be over and done with

That seems like the games I criticise. So enjoyed seems like a contradiction. I don't waver buyers remorse, if a game is proving to be unenjoyable I toss it aside like the garbage it is.

I love longevity in games, replay-value is very much one of my favorite things to do in enjoyable games. If I complete a game and stop it means the game either ended on a bad note/ or I wasn't really having a good time period.

I've sometimes been shocked how quickly games end but because I enjoyed them played through again. And similarly if it was mediocre. When credits roll I always evaluate if the time I invested was good.

It's what I seek in gaming. A good gaming experience.

So on that note Dragon Age: Inquisition is an excellent example of a terrible game. It was the last time I put up with not enjoying a game all the way to the end; and since then have followed a great time-evaluation-system that has helped me enjoy games better now than back then.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By judaspete

@speeny: I do highly recomend Alice. It's a solid old-school platformer with fantastic art direction. May go a bit too long, but I did enjoy it enough to finish the game.

@Black_Knight_00: Glad to hear American McGee and I are on the same page about the length :). Makes me hope even more he gets actually gets to make a sequel some day, however unlikely that may be.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@judaspete said:

@speeny: I do highly recomend Alice. It's a solid old-school platformer with fantastic art direction. May go a bit too long, but I did enjoy it enough to finish the game.

@Black_Knight_00: Glad to hear American McGee and I are on the same page about the length :). Makes me hope even more he gets actually gets to make a sequel some day, however unlikely that may be.

He's crowdfunding one as we speak. Or rather, he's putting together a pitch to show to EA so he can license Alice, so he can crowdfund it. It's complicated, but the gist is that he's making a third one. Eventually.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 19810 Posts

Alien Isolation comes to mind... I loved the first 80% of that game, but it starts to drag towards the end. I couldn't finish it. But still a great game.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 judaspete

@Black_Knight_00 said:
@judaspete said:

He's crowdfunding one as we speak. Or rather, he's putting together a pitch to show to EA so he can license Alice, so he can crowdfund it. It's complicated, but the gist is that he's making a third one. Eventually.

Sweet! I hope it works out.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18  Edited By Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 3791 Posts

I liked the Witcher 3 somewhat, but hated the combat and interface, I had to rush through it when I got halfway into it, the boredom was getting pretty bad.

I definitely enjoyed many parts of it, but i'd never play it again, it begins to get way too boring to ever go through that again. I hope their new game Cyberpunk isn't like this, but it seems like it'll have a ton of filler and may become pretty boring like Witcher 3 did.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Black_Knight_00

@judaspete: You can follow his youtube channel and subscribe to his mailing list to stay up-to-date with the project. They do livestreams where they discuss concept art, game design and the like. Only be advised that this is a slooow process, so the game is not coming anytime soon.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 4070 Posts

Pretty much every game I get bored easily.

mcguire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mcguire
Member since 2019 • 4 Posts

I have a huge list for games that I love and hated at the same time.

sleepnsurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 sleepnsurf
Member since 2009 • 3313 Posts

Uncharted 4 for sure.