deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

What are some games that get alot of hate but you like them regardless?

Here's some of mine

• Mirror's Edge Catalyst
  • Watch_Dogs
  • Indigo Prophecy
  • Grand Theft Auto 4
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Far Cry New Dawn
  • Batman Arkham Origins
  • RAGE 2
  • Dead Island
  • DMC 2013
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Bethesda's Fallout games
Grand Theft Auto V
Far Cry 4 and 5

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Bethesda RPG's. The open worlds leave a lot to be desired, the difficulty curve wanes very quickly, and of course the bugs. All that stuff aside, the games are a ton of fun.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

@warmblur: Yeah, Mirror's Edge: Catalyst takes about as many steps forward as it does back from the first, but adds up to a roughly equally good game.

Gravel. Seemed to get written off for being less pretty and realistic than Dirt Rally, but it's not trying to be Dirt Rally. It actually plays more like Sega Rally but with some sim elements sprinkled in.

Slice Dice and Rice. It has mixed reviews on Steam, but they are mostly complaining about the lack of online play. Look, I get that online is important to some people for fighting games, but unless you are one of the big players like Street Fighter, there is very little chance a fighting game will maintain a community on PC. All that mode would have been is a perpetually empty lobby.

Twisted Metal 4. While lacking the personality of 2, it's mechanics have actually aged better IMO.

Bushido Blade 2. A bit more shallow than the first, sure, but faster and more exciting.

Soul Calibur V. Didn't have as much content as previous games, but it played great.

Need for Speed: Nitro. This was a better Cruis'n sequel than that other Cruis'n game released on Wii.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Some weird takes on what qualifies as a hated game, you can find any idiot for no reason calling a game trash, when are well made or appealing games. Bethesda certainly has a habit for being buggy, but they for the most part are well designed and appealing, majority I would say like them. Fall Out 76 is a different matter, they kept all the bugs and lack of polish but threw away the redeeming aspects too.

I don't think Resident Evil 5 is as hated as 6 or Zero either, think even Revelations (og) gets more hate than 5 because poor controls and repetitive structure. 5's issue is lacking any horror. A very Gears of Evil entry. But with one of the best Mercenary Modes. It's a well made game and usually praised, just also a departure.

Same for the dmc reboot, it's a huge departure but a well crafted and typically praised game. Is it as well crafted as Itsuno's DMC games? no but I think it's still enjoyed overall. Would have helped the game if it wasn't called Devil May Cry but that, is that.

Anyway, for my answer it's probably Putty Squad, was praised long ago as a forgotten gem that rivalled many platformering best games. Got faithfully remade and still plays great. Got 3/10's, and universally ignored. Not going to defend the visual style for the remake, the sprites for the original looked way better. Though still a great 2D Platformer that got thrown under, for absolute no reason.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#8 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

E.T.

Cyberpunk 2077, guess I’m playing it on a good console.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts
  • Far Cry 2
  • Doom 3
  • Alan wake
  • Metro Exodus
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts
  • Shadow Warrior
  • Resident Evil 5/6
  • Saints Row 4
omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

What the... a lot of people hate GTA IV and V? That can't be right.

Anyway, mine is Final Fantasy 8.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RSM-HQ
@omegamaster said:

Yes I don't understand some peoples take on what a hated game is.

Cyber Punk and Anthem are "hated games"; universally panned and failed as games.

Grand Theft Auto V and Metro Exodus? find that hard to believe.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
@omegamaster said:

Anyway, mine is Final Fantasy 8.

Alot of people hate popular stuff just to think that they are cool it's hipster mentality.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 omegaMaster

@warmblur@RSM-HQ Guys, a lot of people LOVE GTA IV and V. Remember the days when many gamers hailed it as one of the best games ever???

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

I love Lolipop Chainsaw.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@omegamaster said:

@warmblur@RSM-HQ Guys, a lot of people LOVE GTA IV and V. Remember the days when many gamers hailed it as one of the best games ever???

I think alot of people hate GTA now because of online which I can understand but the singleplayer in the series has always been superb.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 omegaMaster

@warmblur said:
@omegamaster said:

I think alot of people hate GTA now because of online which I can understand but the singleplayer in the series has always been superb.

@warmblur said:
@omegamaster said:

I am one of them. I miss the good old days when GTA had multiple releases. There hasn't been a new GTA game since 2013!

Online looks like the future for the franchise.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@omegamaster said:
@warmblur said:
@omegamaster said:

@warmblur said:
@omegamaster said:

I am one of them. I miss the good old days when GTA had multiple releases. There hasn't been a new GTA game since 2013!

Online looks like the future for the franchise.

I miss old Rockstar too I hate this online crap.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Yo, I only like BANGERS!

Nah but seriously I love me some independent games and a lot of jackasses on here straight up pass on those games simply on that very nature of being independent. Idiots. So I guess those games get a lot of hate and I like them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@mrbojangles25 said:

Yo, I only like BANGERS!

Nah but seriously I love me some independent games and a lot of jackasses on here straight up pass on those games simply on that very nature of being independent. Idiots. So I guess those games get a lot of hate and I like them.

I'm not into indie games but SuperHot was pretty damn cool you don't see many innovation in FPS anymore SH was a breath of fresh air.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RSM-HQ
@mrbojangles25 said:

Yo, I only like BANGERS!

Yes always disliked this perspective, apparently they need to burn big money and have hours of cutscene fluff over gameplay to capture the attention of some people.

Just backed Detained, I really liked OTKs last game and this looks even better; yet not even a day ago someone on GFAQ called it "indie_garbo should have bought TLoU2 lol". I can't even make up this idiocy.

@omegamaster said:

Don't play Grand Theft Auto, though they are extremely well received. Even the online modes to various degrees whether purists enjoy the multiplayer modes or not.

No different from WarCraft III fans to World of Warcraft, both are extremely well received video games. Those that "hate" these experiences either do not enjoy the games intended enjoyment/and-or / the vocal minority.

Personally think comparing any of the listed great games, and have them next to Fall Out 76 is pretty weird.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Resident evil 6 springs to mind I played it as an action game rather than a resident evil.

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#23 Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

The Assassins Creed franchise. I love these games because they are very immersive and take my mind off my problems. I also love the historical aspect of these games, I learned more about Greece/Rome from Odyssey/Origins than I did at school..!! Some say that it's content is stale and disappointing and the characters can be a bit flat. That's OK each to their own.

That said Valhalla seemed like a mash up of Black Flag, Ghost of Tsushima and other mass fighting games, it was also very different than the rest of the franchise. Still very open world and lots of history but lots of full on fighting compared to the others 'though you are a Viking conquering England...!!

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

Death Stranding.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

The order 1886 thought it was great.

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

Wow, awesome topic! I have countless faves that got s**t reviews. Only naming 3:

- Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood

- Ninja Blade

- Killer Is Dead

Earthblood has countless flaws. But it gets points from me as a schlocky guilty pleasure because it's one of few video games where you can be a werewolf, and the gameplay is decent if you don't mind hack n slash predominant combat. Would get a 10/10 in the PS2 or Xbox 360 generations. Elder Scrolls Online has better werewolf combat mechanics. Supernatural creatures should always equal supernatural powers, like a Howl Stun or pouncing on to enemies and stomping them. It can't always be about them claws!

Ninja Blade is basically a Ninja Gaiden Clone from '09. I'm a minority in thinking it's better than Ninja Gaiden lol. You cut down hordes of these Halo Flood-like monsters, and it's pretty awesome action. The main character reminds me of Snake Eyes. He's a shinobi who's part of a government task force.

Killer Is Dead's often the most overlooked of Grasshopper Manufacture's small catalog, but it's a bizarre assassin ride I'd try any day over No More Heroes or Shadows of the Damned.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

To name a few

• FF15
  • Fallout 4
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • ME Andromeda
  • RE Outbreak
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Max Payne 3
  • Days Gone
  • Death Stranding
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Zelda Skyward Sword... playing it now on Switch, and really enjoying it. It has it's problems, but I certainly don't think it's as bad as a lot of people make it out to be.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Cyberpunk is the obvious answer for me. The game has its issues which I wont get into here because it's been discussed to death more than the last season of GoT but on a solid PC it's a pretty neat world to explore.

@robbie23 said:

Death Stranding.

Yaaaaaas. I actually started the PC version over again recently and have been playing it in my office on my HDR1000 monitor with surround and it's been pretty cool. I also have an ultrawide monitor coming in a few weeks which the PC version natively supports so I'm stretching the game out for that. I find wandering through that world meditative and it's usually the last game I'll play in an evening.