Games people liked....but you didn't.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alexander146

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Alexander146
Member since 2005 • 722 Posts

Yeah, this may very well be one of many topics, but whatever.

For me, I just couldn't get into Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. Sure, the combat was decent, but the ridiculous plot twist at the end pretty much made the game disappointing.

Also, Dark Cloud 1. Clunky combat, boring, cardboard characters, a rather weak storyline and the freaking WATER SYSTEM. Thankfully, Dark Cloud 2 is a MAJOR improvement. :)

*Raises flame shield* FF8. I just couldn't get into it for some reason. :/

Halo 2. The immense hype just killed off my will to play it. *shrug*

Cold Fear. I just couldn't get into it.

guitarman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 guitarman89
Member since 2007 • 1485 Posts

I couldn't get into any of the Grand Theft Auto games. I couldn't and still don't see how they are so great.

Most overrated gaming franchise of all time imo.

PickGlove243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 PickGlove243
Member since 2007 • 3144 Posts

Ocarina of Time.

It's good the first time, but it's too overrated.

Shyn_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shyn_1
Member since 2003 • 471 Posts
God of War so repetitive.
darkface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 darkface
Member since 2004 • 5966 Posts
God of War series, Final Fantasy series, Halo 2, FEAR, Street Fighter/Guilty Gear and all of their clones.
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
Metal Gear Solid 2...
KratosKratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KratosKratos
Member since 2005 • 203 Posts
Final Fantasy 10. it wasnt that fun to me, and I didnt like the sphere grid thingy. And Final Fantasy 12. Didnt like the battle system much. Think they should keep it turn based.
Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts
Not counting tons or recent games like Smash Brothers and Gear of War, as far as slightly older games go the first ones that spring to mind are the Power Stone games and Final Fantasy VIII. Although both these games are popular online I have yet to meet anybody offline that doesn't also dislike these games. To each his own I suppose...
wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 wildcat2000
Member since 2006 • 4498 Posts

Super Mario 64,changes the Mario formula way to much with having to replay each level 7 times just to look for stars.

Super Mario World,TOO HARD!!!!!

Halo,its pretty solid but nothing special like everyone makes it out to be.

Sly Cooper 1,actually I liked it but the 1-hit-kills just ruines any game...thankfully they changed it in parts 2 and 3

summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts

Metroid Prime

Resident Evil 4

Metal Gear Solid.

*shudder*.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#11 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
Like I said before, let the Halo bashing commence. I hated Ocarina of Time. Wort game ever to me.
mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mohmaaytah
Member since 2003 • 2397 Posts

Star Ocean 3 was really bad, I got to the final boss and couldnt be bothered anymore, too much backtracking and the plot was crap.

I am yet to give Magna Carta: Tears of Blood another chance, I just could not get the hang of combat, either I am thick or it is seriously hard to time those buttons.

The .hack series I couldnt get into however hard I tried, I have tried playing it a coupla times with some time in between but my opinion didnt change.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#13 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts
Final Fantasy series, Zelda series, Resident Evil series and basically all FPS games.
Nick_DeLonge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nick_DeLonge
Member since 2008 • 191 Posts

Animal Crossing: I have it, I played it, but I really couldn't find the fun on doing... nothing.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora´s Mask: Ok a friend told me is the best Zelda, but I didn't like the Game play and the system of only have 3 days to do everything.

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas: I didn't like it, was always hoping to play it to see what was all about. But really I don't find the fun on that kind of game.

Those are the games that really come to my mind right now. Well there are other tough but those are the most popular that I really don't like.

93jam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 93jam
Member since 2007 • 205 Posts

Halo Series- I don't like the hype or FPS in general

Guiar Hero series- to me it just ruined the music genere.

What ruins games are people freaking out over it and that just ruins it for me. That is how most Nintendo franchises get ruined. When people are freaking out about OoT I tell them it is the best game on the N64 and I still play it some, but they do not need to ruin a franchise for me with their constant talking.

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

Goldeneye (yeah, and you thought Halo bashing was bad) was just another game to me. I rented it, and loathed everyone asking me why I didn't own it. On the flip side, I was the one constantly hyping people up for SSB...which I bought at launch.

Metal Gear Solid was ok, but i preferred Syphon Filter. I think i just liked shooting down helicopters or something.

Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

Halo 2 and 3

Shadow of the collosus

Ico

Assassin's Creed

FF 12

Any sports game

Any tony hawk game

lots more.

Steel_Rain777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18 Steel_Rain777
Member since 2007 • 1776 Posts

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas-Even with the new features it will still the same as 3 and vice city. Game had way too much hype going for it

Halo series- i still don't see what the big deal is with these games. I enjoyed the first, but then the following sequels were just the same game with "new" features for the series that have been in FPS's for a long time.I alsonever cared for the story

Final Fantasy 9-Probably my least favorite FF game, after having played 7 and 8 I was looking forward to 9,but was dissapointed on how the characters and story unfolding in this one for some reason(Especially the fact the main character had a tail...). I havent played this one in awhile, so I might give it another go...I did like Vivi though.

Disgaea-I guess maybe at the time I was just inexperienced in this genre, but i found this game way too hard and could not figure out how to do all of those sick moves i saw in videos. I might also give this series another go.

titanic5445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 titanic5445
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Any game from Rockstar.

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

I couldn't get into any of the Grand Theft Auto games. I couldn't and still don't see how they are so great.

Most overrated gaming franchise of all time imo.

guitarman89

I have to say Mario and Zelda are the most overrated games.

syngaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 syngaming
Member since 2007 • 247 Posts

Halo series, Gears of War

Just didnt get into them

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts

Halo: The first one was good, but none of the Halo games really did anything special for me. They were all cardboard cut-out first-person shooter titles.

God of War: Too repetitive for my liking.

Ninja Gaiden: While I do enjoy playing Ninja Gaiden from time to time, the difficulty is stupid. Way, way too hard. Also, Ninja Gaiden did manage to get pretty repetitive.

Resident Evil 4: I want my old-school Resident Evil games with real zombies and (sometimes) bad camera angles. They called that game (great in its own right, just not as part of one of gaming's best franchises) a Resident Evil game?

Chrono Cross: I didn't by any means hate Chrono Criss (I didn't even dislike Chrono Cross; quite the contrary, I kind of enjoyed Chrono Cross), but I didn't understand why it was so good to other people. It didn't live up to some of Squaresoft's better titles of that era.

Honenheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Honenheim
Member since 2007 • 5402 Posts
SotC .....i have no idea why.
Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts

Halo (actually the whole series ) - the worst game ever

Splinter Cell (the whole series again )- the second worst game ever

Suikoden 3 - the third worst game ever

Burnout 3 - taking out arcade style and giving only graphics = boring

Half-Life - its nothing close to being original, failure

Dragon Quest VIII - its one of the most boring games ever, still its world refreshing

Max Payne 1 - its brainless shooter with a terrible story but with nice matrix effect

Max Payne 2 - making the main character short and chubby was really irritating and braindead enemies.

Jade Empire - another one of the most boring games ever and without a plus. I just cant believe its a BioWare game.

Undying - it was not appealing to me, not scary etc.

also each passing day FFVII becomes irritating thanks to its zealots. I liked the game at its time but since people here played that game at their 10-15 ages they still think that game as precious and making me sick, it was not revolutionary in anything, get real already. RE1 had better 3D in 1996! Chrono Trigger had better fight system in 1995! Only characters were good and story was appealing. I even forgot what was materia system so it was not a big thing. leave my good memories alone and just respect that game, accept its surpassed by newer games. If it would be unique, I would agree but it didnt have anything unique. Shadow Hearts has unique gameplay, Xenogears had that too, Chrono Cross and Vagrant Story to. Also their stories were good and characters were great. FFVII only had characters and a good story but gameplay was simple and its bad now.

soulsofblayck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 soulsofblayck
Member since 2006 • 1591 Posts
Any 3D metroid, feel outdated, clunky and boring. Gears of Snore.
_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 _Tobli_
Member since 2007 • 5733 Posts

1. FFVIII

2. Zelda TP

3. God of War

skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

Any turn-based game - boring, stupid (you just stand and let enemies hit you...wtf?!?! better if you press a button to block/evade attacks just before it hits you), can't stand watching characters do rituals before attacking (magic, summon, etc)

God of War - I don't dislike it, it's just overrated. It's an average game for me.

MGS 2 - I love MGS series, but this game ruined it. Good thing MGS bounced back in 3.

All MMORPGs - no story (cutscenes), no ending, you have to play at least 3-4 times a week, you have to pay monthly dues or buy pre-paid card to play.

Avatar image for JannettyTRocker
JannettyTRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JannettyTRocker
Member since 2006 • 1160 Posts

Wii Sports - Bought my Wii shortly after launch, played this title for the first evening and was super-bored the whole time. I tried to get in to it again a couple of times, but it's sooooo boring.

The Wii (the console itself) - Nothing wrong with it, but I just found it super-boring and I hate having to use the Wii-mote. I basically bought my Wii for the virtual console, but there isn't a controller for the console that I'm comfortable using. So I sold the darn thing, and bought some PS3 games instead.

Metal Gear Solid (the series) - I have great respect for this series, and I'm going to try to get in to this again. But I've tried to play these games so many times, and always get bored right away.

Gears of War - ***see the expanation above^^^ Got bored, but will give it another try later on.

garey017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

#30 garey017
Member since 2006 • 1725 Posts
R.E. Code Veronica. WOW did I hate that game!!!
-INKling-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -INKling-
Member since 2007 • 4237 Posts

R.E. Code Veronica. WOW did I hate that game!!!garey017

I know what you mean. I loved RE 2 and 3 but after getting about halfway through Code Veronica I lost all interest and just stopped dead (no pun intended). I think the flaws from previous games had reached the point of being unforgivable.

I would like to add a game that I always say in these type of questions: Super Smash Bros Melee, I just didn't get it at all.

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nVidiaGaMer

Metroid Prime

Resident Evil 4

Metal Gear Solid.

*shudder*.

summer_star17x

I can agree with everything you say except Metal Gear Solid...

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nVidiaGaMer

Any turn-based game - boring, stupid (you just stand and let enemies hit you...wtf?!?! better if you press a button to block/evade attacks just before it hits you), can't stand watching characters do rituals before attacking (magic, summon, etc)

God of War - I don't dislike it, it's just overrated. It's an average game for me.

MGS 2 - I love MGS series, but this game ruined it. Good thing MGS bounced back in 3.

All MMORPGs - no story (cutscenes), no ending, you have to play at least 3-4 times a week, you have to pay monthly dues or buy pre-paid card to play.

skp_16

How was MGS2 bad? I rated MGS2 above MGS3. I thought the character switch was a great suprise and the story line was great.

Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts

How was MGS2 bad? I rated MGS2 above MGS3. I thought the character switch was a great suprise and the story line was great.nVidiaGaMer

this topic is for this kind of responses --->" games people liked but you didnt "

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jalexbrown
[QUOTE="skp_16"]

nVidiaGaMer

How was MGS2 bad? I rated MGS2 above MGS3. I thought the character switch was a great suprise and the story line was great.

Agreed. I didn't care much for the character switch because Raiden made me crazy (whiny baby), but what really drove me to enjoy MGS2 was the refined gameplay. They took everything that made MGS on the PS1 awesome and made the game traslate increadibly well to a PS2 game. I loved MGS2.

MGS3, on the other hand, didn't feel at all refined. The camo system was more of a pain than anything, and the setting just didn't amuse me as much as I initially thought it would.

summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts
[QUOTE="summer_star17x"]

Metroid Prime

Resident Evil 4

Metal Gear Solid.

*shudder*.

nVidiaGaMer

I can agree with everything you say except Metal Gear Solid...

exactly why this topic is called games other people liked and I didn't.

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#37 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

Guild Wars, Battlefield 2, COD4, Assassin's Creed

All mediorce at best, absolute trash at the worst.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#38 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

GTA. III and VC weren't bad, but San Andreas was terrible.

I didn't like FFXII, either. Te combat was terrible.

patriots2871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 patriots2871
Member since 2007 • 21445 Posts
metroid prime i really did not like this game
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jalexbrown

metroid prime i really did not like this gamepatriots2871

Agreed. From a game designer's point-of-view, it was Samus's natural step into 3D (making it into a FPS), but I wanted a more classic Metroid feel, so Metroid Prime did nothing for me. I want a Metroid third-person shooter in 3D. I think that would be awesome.

PickGlove243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PickGlove243
Member since 2007 • 3144 Posts

The Legend of Zelda: Majora´s Mask: Ok a friend told me is the best Zelda, but I didn't like the Game play and the system of only have 3 days to do everything.

Nick_DeLonge

You make me sad :(

Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#42 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
Earthbound, Ys, Final Fantasy XII, and Ultima IV. Earthbound is merely boring point A to B gameplay with a rudimentary battle system whose only saving grace is used only a few times in the game. Ys had confusing dungeons, cheap combat, and is so bad, you're pissed before you play it. What game has the balls to put no vowels in the title? Sometimes Y doesn't work here, as usually, the Y come after the other consonants. Name one word where this is not an instance. Read my review of Final Fantasy XII and my blog on it to understand why I hate it, I'm not going back down that road. And finally, Ultima IV. Its not bad, its actually quite good. Its just that it plops you in the middle of the world with not enough info, no direction, and little in the way of providing you a means of viewing your progress. It could be improved with something that shows your partial Avatarhood in each of the virtues rather than having to go to Britainnia to see your Messiahness.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
GTA and Zelda Wind Waker.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.Only Zelda where I had to force myself to finish it.
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nVidiaGaMer

[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]How was MGS2 bad? I rated MGS2 above MGS3. I thought the character switch was a great suprise and the story line was great.TheLegendKnight

this topic is for this kind of responses --->" games people liked but you didnt "

I am asking him why he didn't like it.

classicgameR4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#46 classicgameR4
Member since 2007 • 384 Posts

devil may cry

twilight princess

Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts
Warcraft III well i played it got a through a few missinos did a skirmish and multiplayer and still didn't like it.
bawathegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bawathegamer
Member since 2007 • 1498 Posts

devil may cry

twilight princess

classicgameR4

thank god,some one else disliked dmc3. i dunno any one on this site that seems to dislike it.

classicgameR4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#50 classicgameR4
Member since 2007 • 384 Posts
[QUOTE="classicgameR4"]

devil may cry

twilight princess

bawathegamer

thank god,some one else disliked dmc3. i dunno any one on this site that seems to dislike it.

yeah really 4 is okay i rented it; its to hac and slash for me like the bosses are fun but like every single normal enemy you hit with the devil arm thing twice and there dead and all the normal enemies look very similar the guns useless. I haven't played 3 just 1 and 4. but I hated how in 1 that the view was always changing it was so hard to navigate sometimes I quite after like an hour.