Games in 50 years.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lender74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lender74
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts

From 8 bit to 3D, split screen to 60 online player battles, cartrigdes to digital distribution.

How do you think games would play and look like in 50 years?

Chogyam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Chogyam
Member since 2003 • 1887 Posts

im hoping i'll walk onto some sort of platform with rails, put on my glasses and say, "interface, login too Vitual Battle". Assuming i'm alive in 50 years, 79 seems like a longshot! haha

SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts

im hoping i'll walk onto some sort of platform with rails, put on my glasses and say, "interface, login too Vitual Battle". Assuming i'm alive in 50 years, 79 seems like a longshot! haha

Chogyam
They already showed something like that on gadget show, maybe in 10 years it will be in production. I say 50 years, you will be sent into a state of sleep, think of it as virtually controlled dreams, and that is the game. Possibilities are endless :D
samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

Hopefully game developers and console designers will bring me back to the 1995 - 2005 essence of gaming, no mass profit hoarding, no cheap underwhelming tactics (DLC, Console Exclusivity, $10 increase every generation, shoddy hardware and pay-to-play).

If I don't see these gone in a gen or two, Im done with gaming.

Probably might squeeze some game time in from STEAM (if it still exists).

FreshDimSum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FreshDimSum
Member since 2008 • 605 Posts
the way technology is advancing (and quite dramatically over just a few decades) im not surprised if games is just beamed in ur head and u play it with ur mind o.0
Kaim91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Kaim91
Member since 2010 • 967 Posts

In 50 years we will be playing games with more advanced versions of the Kinect, like it or not.

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

The bigest advancement I want that will deffinintly come, is much faster internet speeds. I know the have wideband in japan and selec US areas. But hell have it as just the minimum, and something even faster to be that times broadband would be awesome. 100 vs 100 battles with NO LAG, all on screen? Awesome.

D1zzyCriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 D1zzyCriminal
Member since 2009 • 1839 Posts

Watch a holodeck episode of Star Treck. You know the ones where they ran out of ideas, thats what games will be like.

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
virtual reality games...
SrgtSaggy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SrgtSaggy101
Member since 2004 • 1956 Posts

ill be 71 in 50 years

grounderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 grounderman
Member since 2010 • 341 Posts

that episode of futurama.

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#12 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

From 8 bit to 3D, split screen to 60 online player battles, cartrigdes to digital distribution.

How do you think games would play and look like in 50 years?

lender74

I better see--at the very least--the got damn Holodeck in the next 50 years.

Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tropictrain
Member since 2010 • 4863 Posts

[QUOTE="Chogyam"]

SPBoss

They already showed something like that on gadget show, maybe in 10 years it will be in production. I say 50 years, you will be sent into a state of sleep, think of it as virtually controlled dreams, and that is the game. Possibilities are endless :D

I definitely think this'll be possible one day. We're already pin-pointing areas of the brain where we can induce sensations in the body. Right now it's only minimal (touch this nerve, and you see bright spots. Touch here and your right hand tingles.) But in 50 years, I'm sure we'll advance quite a bit. Although I don't believe we'll have a gaming console in production using this kind of technology by then. Maybe 100 years. AI is advancing extremely fast though, so by this point the AI in the game will be so advanced that it'll be like talking to a real person. It willseriously feel like it's real. However, then the ethics debates will start, especially if this kind of AI is used for enemies that you kill. The boundries between real life and fantasy will start to blur, people will start pushing for bans on this stuff... but hey, that's not really anything new for the world of games right? :P

lakersrealm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lakersrealm
Member since 2005 • 126 Posts

in 50 years it will be 3d virtual reality with lifelike graphics enviroments and AI. it will be amazing. and sex games will be very popular

CheekyIchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 CheekyIchi
Member since 2010 • 739 Posts

Awesome?

SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts
Maybe the movie and game industry combine into a giant industry, and all the games are like interactive movies with real life graphics! :O
KPAXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 KPAXMAN
Member since 2009 • 160 Posts

Hopefully game developers and console designers will bring me back to the 1995 - 2005 essence of gaming, no mass profit hoarding, no cheap underwhelming tactics (DLC, Console Exclusivity, $10 increase every generation, shoddy hardware and pay-to-play).

If I don't see these gone in a gen or two, Im done with gaming.

samuraiguns

Sadly, I agree with you there. It would be extremely difficult for me to continue as a gamer.

Maybe the movie and game industry combine into a giant industry, and all the games are like interactive movies with real life graphics! :OSPBoss

You just blew my mind!

Synlore59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Synlore59
Member since 2010 • 138 Posts

Holodecks

or more like converting a room into a 3D environment with a console that has holographic projections and also has wires to hook up to your body for that extra special getting shot effect.

BTW: most of the tech exists so it is just a point about costs. In 50yrs we may even pass that technology.

AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

50 years ago there weren't any video games, look how much has changed in the 30+ years gaming has been around.

By 2060, the way the phone industry is moving so fast and all these 3D HDTVs... I think by then instead of consoles our cell phones or handhelds(3DS, PSP 3?) will be the wave of gaming as everyone will be constantly social networking and such.

Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

Holograms, virtual reality, cloud computing... all that jazz.

shadow9669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 shadow9669
Member since 2007 • 702 Posts

in the future when you got you xbox 2600's and your playstation 25 and your Wii 20.0's and they come out with Call of duty 100