Games completed the most times this gen?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

Sometimes you play a game and instantly start playing it again. Sometimes you play a game that you just feel like you need to play every once in awhile. This thread is for those games that make you play through them from beginning to end multiple times. Here's mine:

1.) Uncharted- 8 times

Something about this game really resonated with me. It got to the point to where playing it was like watching a favorite movie. The sequels were never as amazing to me as the original.

2.) Nier- 5 times

Mostly played through it multiple times to get all 4 endings. The 5th time was to show my fiance this amazing game. About to play through it again, since I got the DLC. Might try got the platinum (Already above 80%)

3.) Infamous 2- 5 times

Most of the playthroughs were due to a trophy glitch. I beat the game on easy and then on hard 3 times before deleting the DLC and playing through it on hard one last time for the Plat.

4.) Mass Effect 2- 4 times

Mass Effect is definitely one of my favorite series this gen. I beat it first on 360 when it released, then on PS3 when it was ported. Played through it again awhile after that before finally beating it the 4th time on insanity to get my Plat.

What games have you guys completed the most this generation?

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

Dead Rising. I really loved that game. It's my favorite of the gen in fact. And I played it more than anyone probably ever should have. I'd have a hard time giving you exact numbers though. At least a dozen times, start to finish. But it's the kind of game that benefits from replaying. You keep your progress in a "New Game Plus" kind of way, but that's just it's weird leveling system. Mostly completed this one, except I never got 7 day Survivor achievement. What kind of sick shithead though asking players to keep a first year Xbox 360 running for 14 hours was a good idea?

Also played Star Wars: The Force Unleashed an unholy amount of times. Was trying to get every achievement in the list, but ended up bailing on a couple of them. 1000 kills with one of the Sith powers, and Sith Master difficulty. Beating the Emperor on the third highest difficulty was tough enough. I just couldn't manage it on Sith Master. Got past Vader on Sith Master, but Palpatine was more than I could manage.

Also playedFallout 36 times. First off I went through getting each Karma level achievement (Good, Bad, Neutral). Then I went through it a few more times to try and see everything, see other ways quests could be approached, and the last time was when Broken Steel came out and I wanted the full experience with the new ending.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I rarely replay games unless I really enjoy them and the only game I replayed this gen was Mass effect 2. Played through it 3 times and soon a 4th.

puddinghead101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 puddinghead101
Member since 2012 • 190 Posts

Once Dark Souls got its hooks in me I couldn't stop at one play through. That game is so full of secrets and insane amounts of lore that I had to see it all. 5 play troughs later and I'm sure there's still more to see and that's why I love it so much.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I am not listing fighting games.

1. Metal Gear Solid 4: All difficulties from normal to the hardest and normal twice

2. Mass Effect 2: Six times maybe (I was not counting during the playthroughs and I have played many other games since then)

3. Devil May Cry 4: All difficulties besides easy and all modes (No trophies, though so you have to trust my word as validation)

4. Resident Evil 5: Four or five times on normal

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#6  Edited By EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Bioshock. More than 10 times each...

gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

I lost count of how many times I actually played Borderlands 2 and Dark Souls. BL2 because I played all the available classes to max level, so that's a lot of playthroughs. Dark Souls... man I don't even know. July of this year I did 4 back-to-back playthroughs of DS after already having a set of characters. Completely addicted.

I replay most of the games I buy at some point, but off the top of my head:

Mass Effect- I played 1 about 6 times over, 2 for 4 playthroughs, and 3 is sitting at 2 runs atm.
Portal 2 I went through about 3-4 times
RDR 3 times
Dead Space 5-6 times, same with the sequel
Arkham Asylum and Arkham City 3 times each
Mario Galaxy 1- 2 times
Dishonored- 2 times
MGS4- Lost count

...bout all I can think of right now.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Oddly enough I think it was Resident Evil 5 at 4 or 5 playthroughs. It's not a particularly amazing game, guess I really felt compelled to get the platinum for some reason.

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, going through it a fourth time.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

Captain America: Super Soldier. At least a dozen times and no exaggeration. The game is so direct. It takes you from one plotpoint to the next in rapid fire and as the hours wear on and the sky changes color, you get a real sense of time passing.

The thing that bugged me though was that I hate playing through a game, earning tons of cool new moves and abilities and then not having the option to start all over again but with the new moves and abilities. Cap has no NG+. So after the first time I finished the game, I started a whole new game and went right to my preorder challenge map and proceeded to grind out 25,000 experience points- enough points to unlocks all of those abilities and slick moves before even starting the prologue. Then I saved it to my usb, and every time I get the urge to pound the fist of justice through the facist face of Super Evil, I just load it up and change my save location to the HDD.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

Excluding shmups, I'd probably have to say Demon's Souls. I cleared the Asian version 6 times before it was localized. Then I cleared the localized version 3 times.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Fallout 3 - 8 times

Dark Souls - 7 times

TLOU - 4 times

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#13 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I rarely do more than 2 playthroughs, no matter how much I like a game. But there are some exceptions for various reasons. I did 4 playthrough of Uncharted and I have 4 characters in Fallout New Vegas.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Holy crap, that is a lot, i played through Dragon Age 3 times, Mass Effect trilogy 3 times, if you count the character stories in SWTOR, i finished 4 of those. Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2 two times, Batman Arkham Asylum 2 times, Assassin's Creed 3 2 times and Tomb Raider 2 times. Not that big on replays on games because of my big backlog

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts

The three mass effect games all 4 four times. With more open world games I hardly ever go for a second round, because I'm very completionist and thorough during the first playthrough, after which I'm usually bored with the game and I don't feel like investing in it again just to get some narrative or dialogue changes (although sometimes playing with a completely different character helps). I recently started playing Dark Souls and I can see myself playing through that a couple of times.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 good_sk8er7

Some of you guys have played the crap out of some of these games. I guess I should throw in a mention for DA:O at 4 times.

I have a huge backlog, otherwise a lot of my games might have been played even more :O

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 good_sk8er7

@ZZoMBiE13:

I never actually beat Dead Rising. It was the only game I had on my first 360 so I played it quite a bit. I got really tired of it though.

I did love jamming a shower head into a zombie's skull and watching it shower blood though. Can't beat that!

I only beat Force Unleashed once, but it was a pretty awesome game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows +10. I just keep coming back to it. Best Spider-Man game this gen, and I have them all.

Batman Arkham Asylum +10. Better story than Arkham City. Also a better first experience.

Red Dead Redemption 4 times. Superior to GTA V IMO

Ghostbusters 3 times. Who you gonna call?

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ZZoMBiE13

@good_sk8er7 said:

@ZZoMBiE13:

Force Unleashed was a busted mess... but I loved it nonetheless.

A lot of geeks my age have moved on from Star Wars. And I can't blame them. Between the prequels, the "Special" edition edits, and so much time when there just wasn't anything to get excited about, it's natural to stop caring.

But the sound of a lightsaber is almost Pavlovian with me. My ears perk up like a dog that's just heard a noise it's unfamiliar with.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 good_sk8er7

@ZZoMBiE13:

I don't blame you. I've seen the original trilogy far too many times to count.

O.T. How do you feel about them making new ones?

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

GTA4

GTA5

Uncharted

TLOU

MGS4

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

GTA4

GTA5

Uncharted

TLOU

MGS4

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@good_sk8er7 said:

@ZZoMBiE13:

I don't blame you. I've seen the original trilogy far too many times to count.

O.T. How do you feel about them making new ones?

When I first heard that Disney was buying Lucasarts, I was ecstatic. Finally, someone other than George would have creative control over Star Wars! And the guys who made AVENGERS? Sign me up!

Oh... wait... J.J. Abrams... What the biblical Hell are they thinking??? Didn't they see Cloverfield???

No offense to Abrams. I think he's done some great work in television. ALIAS, for instance, was fantastic. But aside from Mission Impossible, I can't think of a film he's done that I really enjoyed. Even Super 8 felt more like half a film stretched over a whole one. And don't even get me started on his Star Trek. You won't like where it goes, I promise. ;)

So to answer your question... I guess "worried" would be the word I'd go with.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By good_sk8er7

@ZZoMBiE13:

I feel the same way.

I just don't feel like its necessary.

But hey if its good, then I'm down!

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ZZoMBiE13

@good_sk8er7 said:

@ZZoMBiE13:

I feel the same way.

I just don't feel like its necessary.

But hey if its good, then I'm down!

My big issue with Abrams is his approach to filmmaking. His "Mystery Box" approach that he's gone on about. It's fine if it's in service of the narrative. I say go for it.

But Star Wars is not supposed to be a mystery thriller or a spy story. "Mystery" as a concept, can be powerful. But that's not what Star Wars is about. Star Wars can use mystery as a jumping off point to tell a good story (see KotOR for the best "mystery twist" I've ever played in a game), but with Abrams it so often feels like that is the central motivation. Like it's all about this one mystery rather than what happens as a result. Star Wars needs to feel big, epic, and like a sweeping all encompassing tale of good versus evil when the entire galaxy is on the line. Almost like there was some kind of huge war... among the stars. I just don't see how an intimate secret is going to play out in that kind of scenario. Unless we're going to rehash the Palpatine storyline from the perspective of his Advisers or something.

I'm trying to remain open-minded about it. But there are about 4 ways I could have ended up less excited about Star Wars going forward in a post-Lucasfilm world. And J.J. Abrams at the helm is right underneath fan fiction comics written and drawn by Rob Liefeld and McGee getting to direct a second holiday specialon that list.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 good_sk8er7

@ZZoMBiE13:

Haha, I agree. You never know though, maybe he'll do something really good with it.

I'm hoping so at least.

No I have an insatiable urge to watch Star Wars. I don't have anything physical :(

Do you know if it's on Netflix or anything of the sort?

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@good_sk8er7 said:

@ZZoMBiE13:

Haha, I agree. You never know though, maybe he'll do something really good with it.

I'm hoping so at least.

No I have an insatiable urge to watch Star Wars. I don't have anything physical :(

Do you know if it's on Netflix or anything of the sort?

Sorry, I don't know. But I don't believe it is.

Also, sorry for derailing your thread into a Star Wars diversion. Apologies.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 good_sk8er7

@ZZoMBiE13:

That's ok, I took part too!

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#29 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

The only game I beat more than once this gen was Bastion. Absolutely love the game. I beat it around 5 times before I sold my xbox.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

The game I've probably played the most is Skyrim, but I don't know what you'd consider finishing Skyrim. I don't always play the dragonborn storyline, as it might not fit the character I'm making. In any case, it's been some 600 hours plus time spent modding.

I actually do multiple replays a lot, so I'm sure there's a number of games I've finished 3 and 4 times.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#31  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

GTA V

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

me1 - 7 times

me2 - 6 times

rdr 3 times

fallout 3 - 4 times

borderlands - 3 times

dx:hr - 3 times

farcry 1 - 3 times

resident evil - i can't even remember it was so many

re2 - same as re1

re3 - same as 1

rage - 4 times

koa:r 3 times

rtcw - 4 times

deus ex 1 - 3 times

yeah. it's something like that. kinda blurry, but yeah...

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

1. Hitman Blood Money - I have finished this game easily more than 10 times between the 360, PS2 and PS3 versions of the game. Incredible game, hard to put down once you pick it up.

2. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 8 times so far, was one of the first titles I played on the PS3 and it hooked me from the very opening. Been a hardcore fan of the series ever since.

3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - 8 times as well. Another fantastic game that seemed destined to be my favourite game of all time... (continued)

4. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - until this game came along. Fixing almost every issue I had with previous entries and nailing all the aspects I had hoped for. This game actually disappointed me on my initial playthrough but with each time I revisited the game the more I fell in love with it and now I consider it the best in the series for me at least. I have finished UC3 7 times so far and I still look forward to another 7 or even 10 playthroughs.

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@good_sk8er7 said:

@ZZoMBiE13:

A lot of geeks my age have moved on from Star Wars. And I can't blame them. Between the prequels, the "Special" edition edits, and so much time when there just wasn't anything to get excited about, it's natural to stop caring.

I loved the prequel trilogy, not sure what all the fuss is about.

I remember all the books, toys, games and clothes I had of Star Wars. The original trilogy was something special to me as a kid. I still remember the Re-release of the originals with added CGI backdrops and all that, was so excited.

Everybody gives the prequels crap but I enjoyed the them immensely.

1. The Phantom Menace
2. A New Hope
3. Empire Strikes Back
4. Revenge Of The Sith
5. Return Of The Jedi
6. Attack Of The Clones

AOTC was the only entry I honestly didn't care for all that much. Still somewhat enjoyable though.

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

Cool Topic.

1.) Bioshock Infinite- 4 times

I had been waiting years for this one after it was put back and boy did it not disappoint. Story was so 'out there' that after completing it I started a new game straight away. Played through in 1999 mode 2 months later and again not long after that. To be honest if I didn't have such a backlog I'd do it again.

2.) Deus Ex: Human Revolution- 6 times on 2 systems plus Missing Link DLC three times

My GOTG. I just simply can't get enough of the cyberpunk setting. Art design and visuals are fantastic. Storyline may be a bit convoluted at times and the endings and boss fights sucked but I cannot fault this game. Just made me feel like Harrison Ford in Bladerunner mixed with Robocop and that can't be bad can it?.

3.) The Last Of Us - 6 times

I'm by no means a trophy hound so understand that I never play through a game just to unlock more achievements. The only games I replay are ones I love to play. This is one of them. Voice acting is a 10/10 for me. Story is rewarding and gameplay is very enjoyable but mostly for the emotional journey that TLOU takes me on.

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

@187umKILLAH Deus Ex: Human Revolution

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ZZoMBiE13

@contracts420 said:

I loved the prequel trilogy, not sure what all the fuss is about.

I'm glad you enjoy them.

I don't really want to get into the whole Star Wars old vs new debate. All things considered, I just don't think there's anything really new to be said on the matter by this point. It's pretty obvious I was speaking generally and not saying that it applied to all fans.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#37 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

Kirby Super Star Ultra probably takes it for me. You can replay the "levels" in any order, so I've probably beaten it about 6 or 7 times combined.

For games that actually released this gen, I finished No More Heroes three separate times, Sin and Punishment 2 probably 4 or 5 times total, Cave Story 4 times (I count it as a curent-gen game because it was officially released stateside in 2010) and both Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy twice.

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 bob_toeback
Member since 2006 • 11287 Posts

Probably Halo 3, in co-op. Far from being the best game though. LA Noire I'm in the middle of going through and getting 5 stars on everything. In the middle of Mafia 2 again. But yeah, I don't think I've really beaten anything a lot this gen. With older games, yeah, but not so much with the newer ones.

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts

I played through mass effect 3 - 9 times.

Mass effect 2 I played 6 times.

Mass effect 1 I played 3 times.

I played both dragon age games 2 times.

I play gears of war 2 six times because my cousin and I did a lot of coop for that game.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By good_sk8er7

@Diablo-B said:

I played through mass effect 3 - 9 times.

Mass effect 2 I played 6 times.

Mass effect 1 I played 3 times.

I played both dragon age games 2 times.

I play gears of war 2 six times because my cousin and I did a lot of coop for that game.

DA:O Is one of my very favorite games this gen. I'm not sure how many times I beat the game, did each class and species(?)

Always good to see someone love the bioware games as much as I did.

@withe1982 said:

Cool Topic.

1.) Bioshock Infinite- 4 times

I had been waiting years for this one after it was put back and boy did it not disappoint. Story was so 'out there' that after completing it I started a new game straight away. Played through in 1999 mode 2 months later and again not long after that. To be honest if I didn't have such a backlog I'd do it again.

2.) Deus Ex: Human Revolution- 6 times on 2 systems plus Missing Link DLC three times

My GOTG. I just simply can't get enough of the cyberpunk setting. Art design and visuals are fantastic. Storyline may be a bit convoluted at times and the endings and boss fights sucked but I cannot fault this game. Just made me feel like Harrison Ford in Bladerunner mixed with Robocop and that can't be bad can it?.

3.) The Last Of Us - 6 times

I'm by no means a trophy hound so understand that I never play through a game just to unlock more achievements. The only games I replay are ones I love to play. This is one of them. Voice acting is a 10/10 for me. Story is rewarding and gameplay is very enjoyable but mostly for the emotional journey that TLOU takes me on.

I haven't played Bioshock Infinite yet. I loved the full game trial so I'll pick it up eventually.

I was really surprised by Deus Ex, that was a really really good game.

I just beat the Last of Us the first time earlier this month, I started again on Survivor a couple days ago, then I'll play Survivor+.

And thanks! I've been trying to come up with some more original topics for the forums. :)

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

@withe1982 said:

@187umKILLAH Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Right on man, better late than never but here it is !