Games, Anime, and ripping people's clothes off!

Desguardia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Desguardia
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts

I realize it has been a couple of years, I apologize. Life changed a bit and I forgot. So to quickly catch up and get to the main event:

Ohayocon was awesome again this most recent January. Had a group this time which included my nephew, his best friend, my Senpai from Japanese class, and my Sensei who teaches us Japanese (not karate). I got a nice quality Erza book bag and some other hard-to-find items.

Finally finished the story mode for Ni No Kuni, though I am still working on the after-story content. Great game and story (if anyone was wondering). To me, it's like a less boring, more free-roam version of Pokémon, only with a story by Hayao Miyazaki and art made by Studio Ghibli. Nothing against Pokémon, I actually loved the show when it origianlly came out, but the games have always been boring and rather restrictive for my taste.

Moving on... I imported the Lime Green Vita "slim" from Japan last year, as well as Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment. I did post a headline about this game, but never went into any details.

It is pretty neat. The fighting is quick to catch on, but does call for strategy in your play. You have many people to choose from as a battle buddy. And in good tradition, the main male character has a harem of girls and a guy to woo and... other things. No spoilers, but as far as what the story is about, let's say it's an alternate ending to the show.

Okay next, Destiny has kept me entertained for weeks on end. It's basically a mash up of a FPS and an RPG. It has both a story/campaign and a free roam option. It too, has PVP option. The entire game is online with all other players, so you will never be lonely.

Advanced Warfare was sweet. The campaign was pretty cool. Kevin Spacey makes a good game character. Better than who you actually play as. The new features and options make playing a little more fun for those of us who don't spend every waking moment working towards Elite-triple-super-mondo-better than everyone else rank. I actually have a fighting chance on multiplier mode, even with people playing who within 24 hrs had already made it into level 40+.

And FINALLY... Akiba's Trip ( Akiba Strip) - oh what can I say without spoiling too much of the story. I suggest you watch the trailer (the English one). It doesn't give anything away really, but does enough to spark the curiosity. By the way, you run around beating people up and ripping their clothes off... in public... and they try doing the same to you. I saw the trailer and was like, "What is this??? Must play..." It's fun, has tons of content, is absurd in all the right ways, has a purpose to the storyline, and makes me feel like I am almost in Akihabara. Just amazing the amount of detail they put into it. Also, you can change up the audio to have all English, or Japanese with English subtitles.

So that's it for now, but Ohayocon is just around the corner. right after that holiday coming up... oh ya, Christmas. I guess that's fun too. Will try to stay in touch from now on.

Chillock117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 Chillock117
Member since 2014 • 71 Posts

Oh your talking about that game where you strip people, just file it under another only in Japan. Though it's only an updated port of a psp game and it's got bad production values.

Desguardia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Desguardia
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts

@chillock117: A lot of us like all that Japan stuff. I love the game and so do all the people who were interested in it. The whole point is that it's different and funny. As far as I have seen while playing, the game is high quality. It looks great and even has real live music videos and ads playing on the billboards within the game.