Gamers, what was your awesome/worst games of 2015?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

It's that time of the year again, was it a hit or miss for you? Was the purchase of your game worth this year? In this thread, this is the time to list the games that was a hit or miss for you? List them as many as you like.

Best games of 2015:

• Fallout 4
  • Witcher 3
  • Destiny The Taken King
  • Onechanbara Z2: Chaos
  • Dying Light
  • Rare Replay

Worst Games of 2015:

• The Order: 1886
  • Halo 5
  • Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden
  • Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell
phoenix5352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2 phoenix5352
Member since 2011 • 387 Posts

i had fun with every game i bought in 2015 . the most fun i had was with witcher 3 and metal gear solid 5

Big_Red_Button

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Big_Red_Button
Member since 2005 • 6094 Posts

Best:

The Witcher 3, Distance, Pillars of Eternity, Darkest Dungeon, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Shadowrun: Hong Kong, Metal Gear Solid V, Ori And The Blind Forest, Rocket League.

Worst:

Rise of the Tomb Raider, Fallout 4, The Order 1886, Evolve, Battlefield Hardline, TESO: Tamriel Unlimited. Most of the other games I played.

It's too bad that mainstream blockbuster games are so bad with very few exceptions.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Not many bad ones, Fallout 4 was unexpectedly better than I originally assumed, still a low-tier E.Scrolls game.

The Witcher 3 I liked much more than W2 but it's just not for me. The terrible input commands return from W2 and the combat is a decade behind its competition.

Spaltoon was o'k, nothing I was interested in however I wanted to try making the WiiU useful before I traded it in.

Dragon's Dogma Online was a bit of a disappointment for this big fan of Dark Arisen. The floating Kingdom update did nothing other than reassure all the flaws that game has.

& Monster Hunter X I haven't played enough for a final verdict, but I'd say it's a solid 7/10 at this moment. Very gimmicky. It's no master-piece like 2014's 4G.

I'd put Bloodborne & Disgaea 5 on top of the mountain, that got released in 2015.

If we counted re-masters? Put Resident Evil HD as the pinnacle of awesomeness! I got the platinum in a day. Yay for my January holiday xD

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

I really enjoyed all the games that I purchased this year:

- The Witcher 3

- Batman: Arkham Knight

- Dragon Age: Inquisition

- Forza 6

- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

- Super Mario Maker

- Xenoblade Chronicles X

- Halo 5

- Call of Duty: Black Ops III

- Fallout 4

- Rare Replay

I didn't pick up any that I was disappointed with.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

Here's my 5 favorite games of 2015:

• Witcher 3
  • Rise of Tomb Raider
  • Fallout 4
  • Mad Max
  • Forza 6

I really want to like MGS5 and even though I've spent over 100 hours in the game, I just didn't enjoy it as much as any of the other 5 games listed. Biggest disappointment for me is Arkham Knight. I got the pc version for free but it left such a bad taste in my mouth in the few hours I tried it that I didn't bother with the supposedly superior console version.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I didn't get too much this year, but I enjoyed everything I played.

Bloodborne is superb

Batman Arkham Knight is superb now with all the dlc and patches

Mario Maker is great fun

Majora's Mask 3D is a solid remake of a great game.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

can't decide which was my favourite of the year out of witcher 3 and mgsv. both took a while to grow on me but in the end each definitely delivered.

pleasant surprise of the year - until dawn.

biggest disappointment - fallout 4. whilst it was pretty good and enjoyable enough, i felt like i'd been the victim of blatant false advertising after it labelled itself as an rpg when the truth was it's pretty much just a shooter with an rpg-like inventory and dialogue choices. plus the graphics were hideous.

biggest frustration of the year - batman. some parts were awesome and truly impressive but all overshadowed ultimately by needlessly excessive batmobile usage in missions. at first i thought it's not too bad people are blowing it out of proportion, near the end i was like dear god make it stop. such a shame.

worst game of the year was the order 1886. it made me angry at how bad it was. whoever made that game hates gamers.

overall 2015 was a much better year for gaming than 2014 was

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Best (in order)

1. Xenoblade Chronicles X
  2. Fallout 4
  3. The Witcher 3
  4. MGSV
  5. Until Dawn
  6. Undertale
  7. Mad Max
  8. Pillars of Eternity
  9. Homeworld Remastered
  10. Tales of Zestiria
  11. Black Ops 3
  12. Battlefront
  13. Bloodborne
  14. LoZ MM Remaster

Worst (not in order)

• Halo 5 (not saying it was a very bad game, it just got old quick)
  • Evolve
  • FF14 ARR Expansion (the only reason why I put this on the worst list is cause you need to finish the main story before you can even progress in the expansion)

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

Best: Fallout 4, Bloodborne, The Witcher 3

Worst: The Order 1886. (not a terrible game, but average).

That's actually all the games I've played this year!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

Didn't play a lot of this year's releases... I only played Bloodborne,MGSV and The Witcher 3. As sad as that sounds....I haveve my zones that I usually lounge in....namely Borderlands 2 and Dark Souls. Been playing DS I and Borderlands 2 since their launch and haven't stopped. My multiplayer game is SMITE.

So from what I've played this year..

Best:

1. The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

2. Bloodborne

3. Metal Gear Solid V

Worst:

I usually make sure before I just buy a game..so I don't get bad games all that often...I don't have enough money to waste on experimentation.

But I did find MGS V somewhat disappointing...not because it was bad....but because it could have been exponentially better.

The Witcher 3 is definitely the most impressive...I'm still playing it... and plan to go into NG+. Also I got the game a few weeks ago..

Bloodborne was refreshing in a weird way...since the Souls formula is used.. I could easily grasp the mechanics but because I've played the Souls' series since 2011.. I guess Bloodborne wasn't as hard as it would have been for a beginner. Also the faster combat brought in some welcome fluidity that also made it enjoyable and in a way, easier. I'd honestly like to see a slower hybrid of this combat in DSIII. Fast combat is great but only in Bloodborne.. Dark Souls definitely needs more variety since the builds can go from tank all the way to "assassin" style that would require more Bloodborne style combat.

I just got Just Cause 3 and so far I can already tell that it's story will be somewhat average and obviously not the focus of the game.. The game is fun..to put it simple. Just gliding with the wing suit over the fields of flowers and towns of the Mediterranean open world is enough to satisfy me... and there are plenty of stuff to destroy. It's clear that the game has a unique quality...It most likely won't be as good as the above mentioned but...I think that if you like some mindless chaos..it's an essential game.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I didn't play to many games this year.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator

@acp_45: I have yet to play Metal Gear Solid 5 mainly because I been hearing mix opinions about the game. I was gonna buy it day one but back out at the last minute, I'll wait for a price drop. As for Bloodborne, I like the game, it almost made it on my best gaming list, it's just a step back from Soul games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@davillain- said:

@acp_45: I have yet to play Metal Gear Solid 5 mainly because I been hearing mix opinions about the game. I was gonna buy it day one but back out at the last minute, I'll wait for a price drop. As for Bloodborne, I like the game, it almost made it on my best gaming list, it's just a step back from Soul games.

I'd really recommend getting MGS V, no doubt. If you want some great stealth gameplay..then I believe it's a must.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Favorite games

Witcher 3. Expectations met . Actually this game exceeded my expectation

Mad max. I bought it really cheap and wasnt expecting much after reading the reviews but glad i was wrong. The game transfer that same post apocalyptic feeling the movies do at a great effect

Thats about it. Havent played that much games this year

Avatar image for deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
deactivated-5d68555a05c4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
Member since 2015 • 1024 Posts

Pillars of Eternity, SOMA, and Life is Strange were my favorites.

Dissapointment would be the Order, waited to get it cheap after reviews, but I had really high hopes leading up to the launch.

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

Best - Witcher 3

Worst - GTA V

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
@mgools said:

Best - Witcher 3

Worst - GTA V

OMG!!!

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#20 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@davillain-:

Hmm, there hasn´t been that many

The good of 2015

- Metal Gear Solid

- Fallout 4

The Meh

- Just Cause 2½

- Halo

- Witcher 3

- Undertale

- Mad Max

- The Order 1886

The Bad

- Until Dawn

- Soma

- All the other Pretend Horror games

- Battlefront

- Rainbow Six

- Black Ops 3

- Bloodborne

And many many others.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Best the witcher 3 bloodborne fallout 4 MGS5 PP batman AK brothers two sons tale everybody gone to rapture sumberged soma life is strange oddworld n taty RE ReMaKE RE revelations2 dark souls 2 util dawn tales of borderlands tales of zestiria journey AC syndicate dying light final FAntasy 7 never alone MAd max beyond two souls beyond eyes uncharted trilogy trine trine 2 the order 1886 black ops 3 god of war 3 remastred worst project cars Final fantasy type 0 divinity enhanced edition the order 1886 dead or live 5 battlefield hardline evolve need for speed nba 2k16 fifa 2016 PES 2016 thief

yonyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 yonyz
Member since 2008 • 651 Posts

Rocket League is great.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#23 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

Well of games that came out in 2015

Best :
Bloodborne - nothing came close to it for me, the solid and satisfying combat, the story that made people come with some theory about it, the feeling of quitting it because it is too hard then win again that formidable foe
Splatoon - fun little game but got bored with it quite fast
Capitain Toad - super fun little game, too easy but cute and charming
Batman - Not bad not great either but it was interesting ... I still haven't finished it
Until Dawn - Suprising fun if you enjoyed Heavy Rain and on Halloween day
SOMA - very interesting concept if you can get behind it

Worst :
Xenoblade 3D - man this game was dull, I couldn't stand it for long
Majora's Mask 3D - that too was quite boring to play ... sorry Zelda fan, I'm not one of you
Witcher 3 - It took me more than a month to play 3h of this game, it is very boring, the combat is way too floaty to be satisfying when this is pretty much all you do for the whole game ...

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Well, The Order 1886 would be a game that I would say was a little disappointing, but not as bad as some people have said. My favorite tittle's where Arkam Knight, Dying Light and Mad Max.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

I guess I'm the oddball here...

Best: (Title - Score out of 100)
Rise of the Tomb Raider - 95
Bloodborne - 95
Halo 5: Guardians - 90
The Order: 1886 - 90
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - 85
Rare Replay - 80
Mad Max - 80

Worst:
Destiny: The Taken King - 80
Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward - 80
Forza 6 - 75
Gears of War: Ultimate - 65
Assassins Creed: Syndicate - 65
Fallout 4 - 60

TKK and FFXIV are good, but end game requirements are keeping me from enjoying the full game, and that's just not right, especially for a non-MMO like Destiny.

I have also yet to play The Witcher 3(xmas gift), MGSV(Near the top of my backlog, probably my xmas day game if we get DDoS'd again), SW: Battlefront, and Rainbow Six: Siege. I do own all four of those though, so they'll find their way into the console fairly soon.

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

@davillain- said:
@mgools said:

Best - Witcher 3

Worst - GTA V

OMG!!!

I thought enjoyment of a game was a personal opinion. I, for one, think the game stunk. I would have probably liked it if I was a teenager, and still giggled at curse words.

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#27 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

My top 5

Tomb Raider
Batman Arkham Knight
Fallout 4
Halo 5
Ori and the Blind Forest

Only real game I felt sad about was Super Mario Maker. I just don't like it. I know that's a very unpopular opinion and I won't go into a tirade about it, but I just don't like it. At least when I bought my Wii U I got one great game; Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#28 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

The worst game I bought this year, without question, was Dragon Quest Heroes. As much as I like the DQ series, and seeing the characters in 3D was cool, it was an utterly atrocious excuse for a video game - and probably the worst excuse for a 'Dynasty Warriors' video game that I've ever seen. It was not worth $60, and I don't think it was worth more than maybe $10.

The best game I've played this year... Well, I enjoyed Ori and the Blind Forest, and also Hotline Miami 2 when I was playing them. I might have liked Disgaea 5 or Divinity Original Sin Enhanced, if I had played either of those. I'm sure Halo 5 and Fallout 4 were worth checking out also.