Gamers, what do you expect to see from Sony's PS5 today? Are you excited for what's to come for PS5?

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 42525 Posts

As you all know, (at least I hope you do) Sony's gonna reveal PS5 gameplay and as such, it's unknown if they'll show the actual console or price for that matter. I do wanna see more on Godfall, it has peak my interest.

Lets hope this event turns out well today :)

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9320 Posts

Despite this coming late and previously showed frustration towards it, the Prinny Switch ports and Kiddo Remake has help that. Really! Who ever expected those games to make a return?

*cough* As for PS5 just going to post what I did prior_

Backwards compatibility, UI, these awesomely short loading times they tell but don't show, the box.

And for games? well flooding rumors has it a From Software title may reveal itself. And possible on both PS5 and P.C. Which if any are true? no one really knows.

Yet if I go more wild, a Dragon's Dogma 2 would be my dream game for next-gen. In the Reach for the Moon engine naturally. Chances are slim though, but I'm a dreamer, especially after the revives we've had recently.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 10143 Posts

I just want to see plenty of gameplay as well as a convincing display of what the next generation has to offer.

@RSM-HQ The From Software title could be Elden Ring or (hopefully) the alleged Bloodborne PS5/PC version.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RSM-HQ

Yes, Demon's Souls! I've been calling it for two years.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaVillain-  Moderator

@RSM-HQ said:

Isn't that a remake?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RSM-HQ

@davillain- said:
@RSM-HQ said:

Isn't that a remake?

Yes, same team that did the Shadow of the Colossus Remake for PS4, they hinted Demon's a long time ago.

*Oh and congratulations on your Horizon sequel. We both are getting some nice announcements today. Dogma 2 was a long shot luckily ResiVIII is a nice compromise.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By sakaiXx  Online
Member since 2013 • 8064 Posts

RE8 looking like discount bloodborne lol.

Other than that a good showing but I have a bit of dislike on the lack of Japanese Dwv participating.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RSM-HQ

@sakaixx said:

RE8 looking like discount bloodborne lol.

Ironic how people use to compare Project Beast to Resident Evil 4. So I think that argument is blissful.

If anything what is throwing me off is Chris Redfield. They've gone back to his 5/6 design. Even though he looked very different in 7.

Make up your mind Capcom, this gets very confusing!

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9 WeRVenom
Member since 2020 • 479 Posts

Honestly that was a pretty dam good show. Beautiful console design btw.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 10143 Posts

A bit disappointed with Ghostwire: Tokyo. It looked a lot different than what they had hinted at initially.

Deathloop seems like an improved version of Dishonored but I didn't like the setting.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RSM-HQ
@johnd13 said:

A bit disappointed with Ghostwire: Tokyo. It looked a lot different than what they had hinted at initially.

Indeed, looks like some bad VR game that wants to be Bioshock real bad. Project seemed to have been slipping further and further since Betehsda forced out Nakamura Ikumi kun due to creative differences. We have a good idea what that is now.

And seeing as it was suppose to be her passion project, have a strong hunch this will become Tango GameWorks last game.

Bethesda gotta Bethesda I guess. And this is a shame, I'm a vocal supporter of the Psycho Break/ Evil Within games.

The original premise was a spooky game with isolated immersion. That didn't seem to be the case for this trailer.

-

*My games of this presentation are- Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Biohazard/ Resident Evil: Village, and the Demon's Souls Remake.

I think something for most was present, but sadly a few disappointments as well.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sakaiXx  Online
Member since 2013 • 8064 Posts
@RSM-HQ said:

If anything what is throwing me off is Chris Redfield. They've gone back to his 5/6 design. Even though he looked very different in 7.

Make up your mind Capcom, this gets very confusing!

Its after RE7 and we probably will still use Ethan so maybe we are getting another Ada Wong doppleganger situation again lol.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RSM-HQ
@sakaixx said:

Its after RE7 and we probably will still use Ethan so maybe we are getting another Ada Wong doppleganger situation again lol.

Think Ethan is a sure thing, was barely a character so would be better to develop that faceless husk. Spent all his time waving his hands around taking arm injuries like a moron.

Even then model for Chris is the shocker for me. If they pull the whole twilight zone twist again just hope they handle it better than the sixth entry.

And with this happening feel they have to call the soldier in seven out as a whole different character before the credits roll.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain-  Moderator

@RSM-HQ: Resident Evil 8: Village, Horizon 2, (excited for that) Godfall, and even Spider-Man: Miles Morales are my 4 picks. I doubt I'll buy PS5 day one but the disc-less digital version seems to be the cheaper one, so I'll be keeping my eye on that one.

Oh and I'll pick up Demon's Souls Remake :)

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 9

#15 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2484 Posts

Yeah, I was pretty happy with it. My only gripe is that the console/controller is predominantly white. Hopefully they release a black model but it's not a big deal to me either way.

ycdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ycdeo
Member since 2004 • 2814 Posts

Games must be build on PC as well as Ps5.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RSM-HQ

@davillain- said:

@RSM-HQ: Resident Evil 8: Village, Horizon 2, (excited for that) Godfall, and even Spider-Man: Miles Morales are my 4 picks. I doubt I'll buy PS5 day one but the disc-less digital version seems to be the cheaper one, so I'll be keeping my eye on that one.

Smart move, I've saved a little just incase the PS5 got expensive so should be fine myself. Fully plan on getting a launch model, if it can play my PS4 games and allows save transfer have some family that I can hand my launch PS4 to as a gift.

Resident Evil Village does look good but if it's closer to the seventh game? think It'll be more for fans preremake 2, will give it a fair try anyhow.

Didn't know you was a Spider Man fan, hmm not too into those Openworld action games but did see the animated movie and Miles in my humble opinion is the coolest Spider person. Looking forward to the sequel movie.

Oh and I'll pick up Demon's Souls Remake :)

You can level with us Davillian. You wanted Bloodborne 2, you have mentioned previously to consider the first the best game on any PlayStation system, if I recall.

And one day maybe, but I think it'll be a while. And as a Armored Core fan a while can be decades. . From Software expressed boredom making Soul games vocally after Dark Souls III was released. I think at best we may get a P.C. port with a PS5 update for the first game in the near future.

Till then. See you in the accursed Boletaria, lost soul

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

User Lists: -4

#19 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 649 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

This is pretty sweet.

Aside from the hardware itself looking rather funky, i have to say i am not terribly impressed, as far as the visuals are concerned.

I guess what keeps me optimistic is the way Sony has been handling the exclusivity line-up for the current generation.

If they are able to maintain that philosophy, this will be worth picking up 5-6 years down the line.

Go Sony!

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RSM-HQ
@lucidique said:

This is pretty sweet.

Aside from the hardware itself looking rather funky, i have to say i am not terribly impressed, as far as the visuals are concerned.

Meh, if I gave a care for visuals to that level, wouldn't play or praise the games I do.

As I'm concerned companies like Crytek fall into bankruptcy and die slow deaths because they relied so heavily on what a game looks like, over how well it played. Even confessed to such in interviews as well. Another example is the game SCORN, which I'm a backer of, went back to the drawing board after we got access to episode one, due to having a pretty vocal backlash. Looked great, played like trash.

On the prior note however. Agree the hardware looks pretty stupid, an oversized icecream sandwich. But if it's quite unlike the PS4 jet-fan? That'll be a huge improvement honestly.

Ottyandthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ottyandthedj
Member since 2020 • 18 Posts

Godfall and ratchet clank to me look good. Resident evil 8 peeked my interest about any hardware questions relating to gaming. I thought it looked thorughly good. The Astro playroom game looked good as well , I think games like that go underrated in the long run.

I like where it's headed when it comes to hardware and being reliable, which I'm sure comes first as it is a holiday launch.

XStation72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 XStation72
Member since 2019 • 6 Posts

Well I'm looking at the games. And there was a few that I'm interested in.

I'm also looking for reliable hardware.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RSM-HQ
@xstation72 said:

I'm also looking for reliable hardware.

Believe majority customers would like hardware to be reliable.