Gamers, are you replaying the games you already complete or replaying older games then you are buying new games?

#1 Posted by DaVillain- (36555 posts) -

To be honest, I still buy newer games, AAA games, new indie games but for some strange reasons, I'm replaying the games I completed multiple times and replaying older titles then I am playing newer games. Does it ever bother you are going backwards then not moving onto new titles?

#2 Edited by Klimovchanin (1 posts) -

You can play Mario, if you want. Dont need to buy, feel old magic)

https://playmariogames.com/super-mario-crossover-3

#3 Posted by RSM-HQ (8337 posts) -

I tend to juggle three games at a time. And I don't just buy a game because it's new. Doesn't matter to me if old, replayed, or new. Just needs to be fun.

While I am playing Devil May Cry 5 right now on two platforms I'm also playing Splatoon 2 and Quake Champions for that competitive feel as refreshers. Will also likely go back to Monster Hunter as I always do.

Still plan on giving a retro game Ultima VII a go during summer when I have time for a big RPG. Already downloaded the Exult mod and language support to make everything a smooth playthrough_

If I think the game isn't for me? may just have another playthrough on Divinity: Original Sin II Larian have been adding 'goodie bags' in 2019 to incentivize longevity.

Or finally play Dishonored II.

So to answer the question of the thread, 'varies'.

#4 Posted by Archangel3371 (27970 posts) -

No, I don’t really go back and replay many games that I own. My new purchases get priority. I do replay games that I’ve played through in the sense that I’ll get new releases of them on different systems such as the recent releases of the Final Fantasy games coming out on Xbox One and Switch but I don’t think that’s what you’re talking about here.

Avatar image for storm_of_swords
#5 Edited by storm_of_swords (2807 posts) -

I generally prefer retro gaming over modern gaming, so I do replay old games quite a bit. The types of games that I like to play are too rare nowadays for me to not go back and replay the old stuff.

#6 Edited by DaVillain- (36555 posts) -

@klimovchanin: GTFO with that garbage BS!!!

#7 Posted by uninspiredcup (33410 posts) -
@davillain- said:

To be honest, I still buy newer games, AAA games, new indie games but for some strange reasons, I'm replaying the games I completed multiple times and replaying older titles then I am playing newer games. Does it ever bother you are going backwards then not moving onto new titles?

Oh yea, re-complete games alot. Espcailly the 90's, when the world was a wonderful place full of chocolate waterfalls. A time when we didn't consider EA the personification of evil and Peter.M a rambling hack.

Very rarely buy new "AAA" full price either. For numerous reasons. RE2 being a rare exception. Come to think of it, AAA wise, Capcom is currently the only company hitting the "buy me" mark atm.

#8 Edited by warmblur (2375 posts) -

I replay alot of old games and still enjoy them as much as I did when I first played them or even more sometimes. I still play all the new games and look forward to them but nostalgia and great gameplay always keep me going back to them.

#9 Posted by Peasly (324 posts) -

I replay open world games when there's nothing new that interests me enough to buy it. Thinking of replaying Horizon Zero Dawn or maybe AC: Origins again..

#10 Posted by heljar (116 posts) -

I replay older games all the time. There are times when there's a "drought" and there are few newer games that interest me. Since I still enjoy playing games I have to search through my collection to find something to play. Or other times I just get a craving to replay old games I enjoy. I've lost count of how many times I've played all the Arkham games. I really love those games.

#11 Posted by johnd13 (9726 posts) -

I don't play games as much nowadays so when I do it's for a new title I just purchased or some other game from my backlog.

#12 Posted by Random_Matt (4141 posts) -

I always replay the games I like, probably too much for some titles.

#13 Posted by Ovirew (9024 posts) -

I think those games that had an impact on me will always remain my fondest gaming memories.

I still find new games these days that I like a lot, but I usually start them and never make it very far.

I think as a teenager and in my early 20's I just had more time to spend with certain games, plain and simple. And I spent so much time taking them in, it made an impact. But as time goes on I just can't focus as much on a game.

#14 Posted by Star67 (4405 posts) -

I've gone back and played COD4, the remaster any way since it was free on PS Plus,

I plan on playing DMC 5 as well, and maybe playing through God of War Again

#15 Posted by robert_sparkes (3020 posts) -

I'm going to replay the last of us on PS4 to see how it holds up. I can replay shooters like halo any time as they feel almost perfect.

#16 Posted by Speeny (1641 posts) -

I'm usually replaying through older stuff. (Or playing for the first time.)

#17 Posted by DaVillain- (36555 posts) -

@speeny said:

I'm usually replaying through older stuff. (Or playing for the first time.)

Same here for the most parts only because I'm waiting for the newest games I'm more interest but for now, I'm replaying Bioshock games and Transformers as we speak.

#18 Posted by Speeny (1641 posts) -

@davillain-: Bioshock! Even I gotta play that. I have 1 & 2 on Steam I think.

#19 Posted by Blazepanzer24 (169 posts) -

I tend to prefer a lot of the older games, and really I don't feel the need to go beyond the PS4, so in a few years I'll be playing nothing but old games. There's...just more than enough games for the consoles I already have.

Of course if a new games comes out for the PC and can work on my next build then I'll probably buy it.

#20 Posted by VFighter (4912 posts) -

I wish I had more time as I love replaying older games I've beaten before.

#22 Posted by pmanden (638 posts) -

I tend to mix old and new games. Besides the new stuff, I am currently replaying Oblivion, and when I have finished that, I'll play Dragon Age Origins. I also plan to replay Borderlands 1 & 2 before no. 3 arrives.

As for even older games, some time ago I finished Shining Force on Sega Game Gear, and I am planning to give Persona 2 on PSX a go also. It is good to play the old stuff sometimes so you don't become too focused on graphics alone.

#23 Posted by MarcRecon (8163 posts) -

@davillain-:

I like to mix it up. When I have a lot of time I play old and new games, but if my time is limited, I'll just focus on the one new tittle.

#24 Posted by Journey_951 (42 posts) -

It can bother me that I still haven’t gotten around to the new experiences I am looking forward to, but it certainly doesn’t bother me that I am enjoying my old games so much that I am playing them time and again. I am happy to play them forever (I hope, so long as I don’t lose access to technology that can play them in the future).

#25 Posted by AryannaLao (76 posts) -

I'm replaying the Half-Life 2 series . I also just finished the Portal series.

Avatar image for ia_retro_gamer_dad
#26 Posted by IA_Retro_Gamer_Dad (23 posts) -

I play a little Apex but I still like popping in old games. Especially NES ones I didn't play as a kid.

#27 Posted by lisatarankus (2 posts) -

Hello guys I'm Tarankus. I have joined this forum to day and this is one of the best forum of all others. I am getting many info from here and looking forward to work with you all. I am good in data entry, virtual assistance, data processing and all this kind of work. I hope i can help you with my stuff. Have a Good Day to all. All Thanks: Tarankus

#28 Posted by Megavideogamer (6480 posts) -

Currently the most modern game I am playing is Kingdom Hearts 3 but it is not a good as KH2. So I took a break by Playing the Nintendo Gamecube for a bit. Soul Calibur 2. Also to take a break from Nintendo Switch and Diablo 3

It doesn't matter if I play a Modern/New game on Xbox one s or Playstation 4 Pro or Nintendo Switch or Play a game on the Super Nintendo or the NES. I guess that is why I hold onto my consoles and games. For variety and choice. For when you need a break from a genre