Gamers are the reason most games ****

This topic is locked from further discussion.

frontlinejack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 frontlinejack
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts

a lot of People are buying games without doing reviews ....the game makers know that they can sucker a certain percentage of people into buying their crappy games....If everyone did reviews on games game makers wouldn't bother making crappy games because no one would buy them..... so please don't buy into the hype ....do your reviews and tell everyone you know that games to come here at gamespot and read the reviews so they too won't get suckered into buy crapp............and maybe one day the vicious cycle of crappy game making will end.......

i-like-pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 i-like-pie
Member since 2005 • 4070 Posts
So hour of victory was our fault? And no I will not review games ever.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
When I was a kid there was no internet, so no user reviews. Yet we knew which games were good and which were bad. You may read the main review on a couple different sites and draw your conclusions.
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
Well it IS the gamers' fault, but not because they're not writing reviews. It's because they keep buying the same crap over and over. If WWII shooters sell like hotcakes, then games like HoV are only to be expected. Same goes for generic FPSs, yearly sports games, whatever.
ninjabeaver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ninjabeaver1
Member since 2005 • 926 Posts
Reviews aren't reliable all the time. Just do research. And no blind buys.
staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts

Well it IS the gamers' fault, but not because they're not writing reviews. It's because they keep buying the same crap over and over. If WWII shooters sell like hotcakes, then games like HoV are only to be expected. Same goes for generic FPSs, yearly sports games, whatever.nopalversion

My thoughts exactly. How much can the new version of Madden be improved over the last version and yet it is always the number one game the week it's released.

SophinaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 SophinaK
Member since 2006 • 990 Posts

With yearly sports games and WWII shooters, it's not even the gamers doing most of the damage. People's dads buy them. My roommate's father owns only three games... the two most recent maddens and some WWII shooter.

And don't even get me started on how people's moms and grandmas buy the newest Disney tie in. I own a bunch of them because people buy titles they recognize over ones they don't. Some of them still have the shrink wrap on even, because I never would have bought them for myself. And they're never worth anything for trade, that's what gets me. It's like they're scamming my grandma out of good money.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts
Gamers are the reason games exist, so don't be too hard on them.
Avatar image for Sargatanas13576
Sargatanas13576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sargatanas13576
Member since 2007 • 1381 Posts
Crap games thrive because too many stupid parents buy "licenced" games because their small children (too young to know better) point at the Disney character on the front and say "I want that one!"
Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#10 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
i used to review games but hardly anyone reads them
nosferatu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 nosferatu
Member since 2002 • 4292 Posts

I hope you don't write reviews, your writing skills aren't even passable.

You also make the assumption that reviews are an entirely objective thing and that we all love or hate the same things. The truth is that most games fall into the middle of the pack. Yes, there are probably some games that will be nearly universally derided or praised, but the majority will be middle-of-the-road-you-may-or-may-not-like-it types of games. At that point it really is up to that individual and whether that game suits their tastes and sensibilities.

OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
u do realize the majority of gamers do not frequent message boards
cowboybebop990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 cowboybebop990
Member since 2004 • 34 Posts

I review games here and again kills some time while i got the insomnia and its fun for me at least.

And more or less no matter what is going on you are gonna have crap products period. Second if a game is generally bad there are still a few people out there who like it. I think everyone i talked to though area 51 was a steaming pile but I enjoyed it not the greatest thing i every played but i liked it.

1fast6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 1fast6
Member since 2004 • 729 Posts
if you read reviews before buying, and therefore don't buy "crappy" games, then what the heck do you care what anybody else does...:roll:
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

Actually I would be shocked if someone has found the time to finish all the great games that are released each year.

The reason WW2 shooters are bought and annual sports games keep getting bought is because people want them. If someone wants MAdden 09 then he is going to get Madden 09. You can't expect that everyone has the same kind of taste as many of us do on Gamespot. By the way when was the last time we actually gave a damn about a WW2 FPS? I can't think of one in the last 2 years.

GamingBoy2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#17 GamingBoy2009
Member since 2005 • 1651 Posts
Im forced to agree that Gamers are the reason games are bad because we the gamers keep on buying crappy games which encourages the game company to continue to make bad games.
Taloskai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#18 Taloskai
Member since 2006 • 188 Posts
I just don't understand why people make "blind buys". Just because it might be a brand or the cover might look great doesn't mean JACK. Every game I've bought I've always looked at the reviews for and not just randomly buy it.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44679 Posts
I think there are more awesome games available these days then you can shake a stick at so I really don't see any problem with the kinds of games developers are making nowadays.
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 martialbullet
Member since 2006 • 10948 Posts
No, time is the reason there are bad games....Time I tell you!
Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#21 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts
Wrong. Non-gamers are the reason most games suck.
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#22 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts
Actually FFX-2 got around 88% sometimes....a reason NOT to trust reviewers.Plus it had sold like crazy anyway because of the name.It has not much to do with reviews as long as they are not absolutely horrible.But for those that are interested in Reviews,I wrote pretty much.