Gamecube, it seems it failed because Nintendo was lazy. Also out of their minds

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsig_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jakandsig_
Member since 2012 • 287 Posts
Let's look at the Nintendo Gamecube, let's see if I can bring up a photo here bAM!  let's start my theory of truth with a little history. The N64, which started "NINTENDO'S" 3D gaming craze (Btw they did not make the Analog stick that rumor flyed around for years after release), ANYWAY, the system while selling horrible and loosing all 3rd party support due to some lazyness, some mistakes, and some bad decisions, was all but ignored. Many saying its games are legenadary, and the Nintendo's magical games would spice up the next system. The gamecube. Basically all the Gamecube did was prove that the N64 was being overrated, as well as some of its games, just to either make more money off it or to justify the failure. But let's get to the gamecube since that's a topic and this is what we are going to talk about. Now notice the Gamecube. it's like the n64, with 4 controller ports, yet better controllers. However there's a snag. For one, the Cart vs. CD thing, Nintendo tried to let the media justify this by saying it was to prevent privacy and faster load times, which in most cases, the later is true. However that's not why. it was becuase they could get more money out of it, it was easier to make templates with it so any person with an N64 dev kit could have the same templates for almost every game, which may explain how some N64 games actually seem like the same game with a different character. With additions. This would make development easier for nintendo as they actually had kits which had full customizable control of the console while other devs either partially did or did not have any controlling dev kits limiting creativity badly. I mean nintendo abused Devs 2 times in a row, what's stopping them from coming to nintendo this time? Well turns out that kicked them in the ass, as they lost around 76% of most the exclsuvie third and some 2nd party devs in one gen. Wow. Now we go to the GAMECUBE! They either did not learn their lesson or were once again trying to be greedy. I mean let's take a look for a second: instead of going with even just CD's at least which dominated, then DVD started dominating, they went with a low meme Mini-CD. Really? Not even thinking straight at all with that one it's insane. Not only that but here's another thing. The best looking, best technical games, (art style excluded as that just covers up) are 1st party nintendo games. but wait what about some of those 3rd party games? Oh you mean how the best looking 3rd party games on the gamecube are technically pushing the Gamecube? oh those are all either: A. Enhanced ports of a game that already exists with improvements around it but the games already their. B. Uses an Art style to cover some of the issues, but technically pushes nothing. C. Tries to excel in pushing the gamecube but fails everywhere else (Controls, sound, input, etc.) While not all cases that's pretty much close to all, and my goodness is it close. Most 1st party games did not have this problem, and SOME 2nd party games didn't. Another Thing, the Gameboy player, the laziest thing I have ever seen, you are basically playing the game in a picture frame. Come on really? It's likes skewed or stretched depending on the game. Online was there, and Nintendo ignored it, like they did with 3rd party concerns even though they tried to "Switch" from the last 3 gens and tried being nice to developers. They even made a 3rd-party the guinnea pig for their online project, which did not use first party games. or at least to actual functionality, the most Online like online game was Phantasy Star online, which was ONLY ONLINE anyway so that was uh, yeah. They pretty much just screwed interest in it. Thought it was going to die although XBL and Pnetwork (respectifully) where dominating. They made the Wavebird Controller, which was barely owned but that's not saying much, although nintendo let the media handle complete control of its advertisement and then the rumor of being the first Wireless controller (Which there were like 14 before) was floating around and people were believing it although nobody brought it anyway. They didn't really try putting it out there either. The games. This is the thing that pretty muched proved my first point of the N64, and deny it all you want it true, MOST and it's a fact, MOST oi what were considered the BEST GAMES on the system, whether true or not, were 1st party games, which with the exception of metorid prime which actually helped move consoles (although quickly stopped) were pretty much all recycled AGAIN. Not saying it's a bad thing but people were seeing this but let's skip to the present really quick. You want to knoe WHY the DS is selling? Why MKWII Sold so much? Because gamers are not buying the games, but any Nintendo or franchise fan of any of it's 1st party games (pokemon fans etc.) will lie and say many gamers are buying the games. making insane claims like: "Who's buying SMG?" Except that game was meant for casuals, just becuase it says Mario does not mean it's untouchable. In the gamcube era, while the PS2 was actually draging in casual interests, pretty much had all gamers with a lot of the core core gamers going toward Xbox with just random tibits of both going at the Gamecube. the Gamecube's games were all done before, Wind Waker, it's recycled with a new filler instead of running slow as hell in a deep field you are sailing. but you do the same thing, Mario Sunshine, it was the biggest change in gameplay in 3D and 2D Mario history in the main games, and yet even then, it was mostly recycled (with bad controls), although it did a better job then WW in creating an illusions, and then other games did the same thing, heck some 3rd parties just had gimped ports, some 2nd partys couldn't even use the potential of the Gamecube at full. People were actually showing, and even on the GBA (which was saved by third party support, yeah even the "ports" wouldn't have saved it if not for the third-party support) they were starting to just lose interest. this pretty much confirmed a bunch of things here's some: A. Nintendos only doing well presently because of casual gamers who will buy anything advertised well B. Nintendo does not like change. C. N64 and cirtics of the N64 had no idea what they were talking about. D. N64 critics changed sides in like 4 seconds. E. The gamecube relied on the advertisement of it's 1st and limited third-party while most the advertized third-party send out gimped ports with superior versions else where. F.Nintendo was ignoring what was working and still using abusive tactics. and so on. Yes, people actually started not to care and this will continue later. Sales, Nintendo advertised the Gamecube, and some of it's titles got WAYYY more exposure to others including games that may not have done well. Third-Parties were mostly advertising ports, most of which were on par or inferior versions, or would have better graphics but fail in almost every other catergory. Even tried to throw Sega on board, they advertised the System like no tomorrow. They send out many games at the same time, got as many multiplats as they could, tried to get franchises Gamecube exclusives, tried re-releasing games from N64, mostly OoT, which did almost as much as me throwing a blade of grass in a river and thinking the river will dry up. They had no idea what they were doing, they were taking risks that made no sense, other than pikman there adverttisments where mostly about games that had no impact. but the fact was Nintendo was better right? Rememebr the N64? The Xbox was a profit failure. It took the risk of having most of it's games being from PC devs, being multiplats from PC games, and bringing them to consoles whether the devs were bad or good. Which meant the Xbox had the biggest risk because no one knew what these games or franchises were. it was like gambling, but it was powerful could do HD, XBL. But while they advertised they could have done way better and spread the ads for more games which they didn't. They then cencelled support early and the Gamecube, which was from an established company, and already sold way more than the Dreamcast, continued to sell and started having what many random fans after the Wii came out, the best games of the Gamecube and better advertising along with Melee which was the best selling game, and while broken beyond hell, was very different then the last game in a lot of ways. BUT. The Xbox has stopped for year, The gamecube was doing terrific says Nintendo, and Wii fans wiould say that withing the last few years the best 3rd and 1st party games for the gamecube where up in your face. Which was not true. because the Xbox stopped, was a risky investment and still outsold the Gamecube when it stopped. HOW? Because **** No one wanted to play Ocarina because it's hype was unjustified, nobody wanted to buy Wind Waker, No one wanted A Sunshine, no one wanted VJ, no one wanted, no one wanted. The best selling Gamecube games other than Melee (and 1 other game I forgot) were all sold that well because there was nothing else you knew MAY have been good when the games were out. Advertizing and bad port flaws out the a$$. Melee and one other game are the best selling games on the gamecube and those 2 actually have a GAP from every other "Best selling game" The Xbox moved more software even if I cut a 3rd of the library off. The Gamecube was a disater, the fans of the GC denied the N64 which was showing signs, the Wii fans are denying facts in front of the,. YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY the gamecibe failed. HERE'S THE DAMMN SHORT VERSION: A. They had no idea what they were doing they were advertising thinking brand name would sell, it doesn't. B. They learned nothing from the N64 era. C. They still treated other devs like **** even though they tried to pretend to be "nicer." D. The Gameboy player was a failure, was not advertised, and barely was a player. E. Gba Controller game boy games which they just sopped advertising or improving upon withing 3 seconds. F. Online gaming which they used a 3rd party pretty much as a test dummy, and not one 1st party game even used the potential of it. Barely Advertised and dropped support in 3 seconds. G. Advertising the wrong games and not advertising games that would help the system. H. Letting the Media handle the direction of the consoles fate in certain areas. I. Recycling the same games with minimal improvements. J. preventing most if not all 2rd, and 2nd parties from gaining full potential. K. Thinking having a few DC exclusives would help when barely anyone else brought it and some were better on competing consoles when not exclusive. L. Thinking that, even after looking at N64 software sales, that there would be a clear sing some games would sell as much again. (sold in the first place because that's all you pretty much put in the psot light, not because people actually saw and said: "hmmm i'll buy this random game.") M: A gimped media Format because they are stubborn as hell. N: Thinking anything with Nintendo would sell. O: Having some games get extra or hidden content with the Gameboy Player with almost 1% advertising for it, even the hardcore Gamcube Nintendo only drunks didn't know. P: Having some of the worst versions of established franchises advertised to be god, and then that sinks the franchises credibility and prevents the franchise from selling that much like, XD GoD for example. But don't advertise those potential games, no no. I though you were supposed to be panicing before using panic mode, what's stopping you from actually doing it the right way? Q: The console had no appeal, and most exclsuive gamers were 1 hit runs or rentals. R: Restricting the console, restricting the game, making the conole look like purse/to, not actually advertising all the NEW stuff about it from the N64 and instead advertising similar or similar BUT PARTIALLY IMPROVED items. Also didn't even try to get some of the best multiplats that were out. A complete Disastter of epic porportions and only a fool would deny. There is nothing here that is not what happend, there is nothing you can say to justify any of this, they were insanes, abusive, made no sense, relied on brand power after 3 gens of abusing gens, trying to trick devs they were nice, no advertising, wasting money on things they were nver interested in with no advertising etc. It's just a big fat pile of ****. But I invite you to somehow take some of this a spin it and make it good, although i honestly don't see how you could. You may bow.
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#2 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
Nobodies gonna bother reading all thatm especially because most of your points are stuff everybody knows already. But I skimmed through, I agree with most of your points but.., "You want to knoe WHY the DS is selling? Why MKWII Sold so much? Because gamers are not buying the games, but any Nintendo or franchise fan of any of it's 1st party games (pokemon fans etc.) will lie and say many gamers are buying the games. making insane claims like: "Who's buying SMG?" Except that game was meant for casuals, just becuase it says Mario does not mean it's untouchable." What did you base this on? Games are selling alot because nobody is buying them and lying saying they did buy them? Makes little sence.
Jakandsig_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jakandsig_
[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]Nobodies gonna bother reading all thatm especially because most of your points are stuff everybody knows already. But I skimmed through, I agree with most of your points but.., "You want to knoe WHY the DS is selling? Why MKWII Sold so much? Because gamers are not buying the games, but any Nintendo or franchise fan of any of it's 1st party games (pokemon fans etc.) will lie and say many gamers are buying the games. making insane claims like: "Who's buying SMG?" Except that game was meant for casuals, just becuase it says Mario does not mean it's untouchable." What did you base this on? Games are selling alot because nobody is buying them and lying saying they did buy them? Makes little sence.

How? As usual not paying attention. I was comparing it to the Wii. The games sold a lot because the invited casuals to gaming, thus proving that gamers themselves, who have been defending the gamecube, well nintendo gamers, have no idea what they were saying. It was a freaking disaster, and the franchises where not selling on the Gamecube, this whole thing about first-party selling, saving systems, moving consoles, where? Where are the console moving games on the Gamecube? They don't exist because Gamers, including these sames guys who are changing their story- Where also the guys who did not care about the trash. It was a failure and it makes perfect sense, what doesn't make sense is the blind fanboy defending for it when it clearly bombed in reality, if it was so much better, if it sold lots, if it had many best selling best rated titles, if it was better than Xbox and Ps2, then were the hell where you when nobody was buying the system or games for it? See bull **** It's just compltely sad. it failed, stop imagining things that don't exist so there's some fake reason and you can say it suceeded. "The gamecube won to me." yep that's why you didn't buy anything. Yes they do and are still doing this even now.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

No DVD playback, no GTA, no Halo, no online, "kiddy" image.

Also some people disliked SMS and Wind Waker and MS bought Rare.

The system itself was actually very developer friendly (opposed to the 64) and they were also trying hard to advertise it as well as keep it's price low (lower than the competition).

It also didn't help that it was unhackable for a long time because in less piracy strict countries easy piracy helps move consoles.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dudersaper
It's not a matter of me not paying attention, you just didn't word it properly. Even you're admitting that, having typed 2 new paragraphs that almost imply a different thing than that previous quote. But you always seem to make stuff seem much worse/better than they really are, like when you dislike something, you almost exagerate facts to defend your opinion, same when you like something. Stuff doesn't need to be completely bad or completely good, there IS middle ground you know. And I still don't see why it should bother you that much as in to post THAT much about the GC, as the majority of people don't think the GC won (lots do, I know, but talking majority here), so it's like your raging over something for no reason.
magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

Still one of the best consoles ever. Didn't read btw.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

this guy doesnt know how to make a cohesive sentence...i tried to read it all but he goes all over the place.. he must not be from an english speaking country..

"Gamecube, it seems it failed because Nintendo was lazy. Also out of their minds"

your out of your mind lol...

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#8 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

1. Didn't read that pile of crap that TC calls an argument.

2. TC you're an idiotic troll. Just quit.

3. Gamecube was a rgeat system.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
TL;DR. Gamecube is awesome so you can suck it.
lordoftheleft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lordoftheleft
Member since 2011 • 151 Posts

Wow tl;dr.

I don't really see what your on about. GC sales 21.74 million, Xbox sales 24 million. The Xbox didn't fare much better. The reason for the Gamecube's failings has little to do with the quality of the system or lack thereof of which you are basing your whole argument around. You can dissect it all you want but the short answer is no home console really could have competed alongside the PS2 at the time. Even if all your gripes about the system were somehow magically corrected I doubt that it would have made much of a difference.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

magnax1
same here :P, second best last gen console and that's saying alot!
Jakandsig_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jakandsig_

Oh really? You thought it was good so it didn't fail? But then where were you when it needed you? Nowhere? Exactly how about reading first idiot. [QUOTE="lordoftheleft"]

Wow tl;dr.

I don't really see what your on about. GC sales 21.74 million, Xbox sales 24 million. The Xbox didn't fare much better. The reason for the Gamecube's failings has little to do with the quality of the system or lack thereof of which you are basing your whole argument around. You can dissect it all you want but the short answer is no home console really could have competed alongside the PS2 at the time. Even if all your gripes about the system were somehow magically corrected I doubt that it would have made much of a difference.

AcidSoldner

I said the Xbox failed but since you didn't read because it would break your heart you have to make up something. Oh and no, these are actual reasons why it failed, you just won't admit it. It's ok to be sad. All the things I listed are true, and you really can't deny it, I honestly what's so hard to admit it was a disaster? It actually was a disaster! I didn;t say there was no % of quality, I am saying Nintendo was dumb with it, they failed, it failed and that's FACT, I honestly don't see the problem here. Ps2 has nothing to do with this, your using it to subdue the pain, the XBox was risky and it stopped, the GC continued for years with it's"Better quality and games" with "Great first party support" which no one brought. and the Xbox still won and they gave up on the Xbox so they can use the 360 for a fresh bradn image. That's f*king sad, and you guys are still going with this crap? How about reading the thread, it's all true I din't care if you LIKE IT or not.
[QUOTE="magnax1"]

JuarN18

But you probably weren;t around, had to wait for it to die huh? I mean where you thinking of the Gamecube when it was out? Why did you buy no games? Why you no go and talk to people to buy consoles? I mean it's randomly a system that wasn't a disaster now that Nintendo was saved and ONLY saved by casuals. Oh wait, no it was a failure, it was a disater, it doesn't matter your opinion, all the above happened, get used to it, the party is **** over and they **** failed. Now, I am getting tired of randomly cursing out people so once again. If you guys actually have something against any of this then please do, because so far, I see only facts. Let's not try calling my thread :Crazy," maybe actually realizing that you liking it now, does not changes what happened, then, and if there is something wrong, actually point it out. Otherwise the only people "Crazy" are you guys and whatever allicomb or whatever with his Nintendo Bias.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dudersaper
Your facts will never be taken into account until you provide a trustworthy source or evidence, which you have never done yet, in any of your threads. Another thing that further proves you invent arguments, is you are claiming everybody here didn't buy the GC when it was out, you're all "Oh you didn't buy the GC hurdurr blah blah" and sh!t, and then you claim people never owned said systems, or never played said games, do you even know these people to even be able to say that? You're making stupid assumptions, and that, in a debate, will only make you look stupid and, even though I don't like pulling out the age card, like a 12 year-old. So yeah, until you start posting actual evidence (and evidence isn't saying "the programmers said this" or "and this is FACT", post actual valid evidence), nobody will ever take you seriously, not that I think you'd expect people to do tht though, no one can be that naive.
lordoftheleft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lordoftheleft

@Jakandsig

Holy crap you don't expect me to read all that do you? Why are you arguing with me? I'm a least partially agreeing with you that the GC was a failure, just not for the reasons you specified. I like how you have the time to make a 2248 word rant but don't have the time to run a two second spell check.

If you are trying to engage in a logical argument and come off sounding like you have a ounce of creditability and intelligence it doesn't help when you misspell fourth grade level words.

lazyness= laziness

legenadary= legendary

becuase=because (spelled wrong twice)

exclsuvie=exclusive

guinnea=guinea

knoe=know

cirtics=critics

adverttisments=advertisements

cencelled=cancelled

wiould=would

disater= disaster

exclsuive= exclusive

Save yourself some time and don't respond to this because I won't be reading it.

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Another48hours
Member since 2012 • 1970 Posts
REmake isn't just a port with minor enhancements, and while I do not agree it's the best looking game, it clearly is in the top. Heck, I will say Top 10. Maybe even throw Metroid Prime, which is 2nd party by the way.
Jakandsig_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jakandsig_
DENIAL! IResisdent eviel is a port of the Ps1 game with IMPROVEMENTS AROUND THE DAMN TEMPLATE! I do not see how this is hard to comprehend. I also said SOme damn games 2ndpartly, not all! But it's ok to be sad.
Jakandsig_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jakandsig_
[QUOTE="lordoftheleft"]

@Jakandsig

Holy crap you don't expect me to read all that do you? Why are you arguing with me? I'm a least partially agreeing with you that the GC was a failure, just not for the reasons you specified. I like how you have the time to make a 2248 word rant but don't have the time to run a two second spell check.

If you are trying to engage in a logical argument and come sounding like you have a ounce of creditability and intelligence it doesn't help when you misspell fourth grade level words.

lazyness= laziness

legenadary= legendary

becuase=because (spelled wrong twice)

exclsuvie=exclusive

guinnea=guinea

knoe=know

cirtics=critics

adverttisments=advertisements

cencelled=cancelled

wiould=would

disater= disaster

exclsuive= exclusive

Save yourself some time and don't respond to this because I won't be reading it.

hOW CANNOT BE THE REASONS I SPECIFIED IF THESE ARE THE ONLY REASONS!? Also where are your commas? I see you have one long sentence there. but you're just using this as an excuse to avoid the fact it failed in general. These are the only reasons they failed what OTHER WAY IS THERE?
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dudersaper

lol at the duderaper

I am sorry, but I need facts to back up the Gamecube was a failure which is a fact are are you so **** desperate that you need to rant back at me because you fund it so hard to believe? There is not one thing to back up if you know ANYTHING about Video games, and you knew ANYTHING about gaming last gen it was a failure, and the Majority of people who are defending the gamecube not gave 4 **** about it last gen.

Denial is a step you don't need it is perfectly ok to be sad. I am not even trying to be a jerk you guys and your freaking love of the Gamecube is blinding you. It failed, why do I need to back up something factually universally knwonw> Are you stupid? I hope not. I mean I have to back up something people KNOW Now? Wow this is terrific.\

Did you know the Ps2 outsold all consoles last gen? Oh wait, I have to back it up. Pathetic.

You guys are here saying my posts are "Crazy" then say something dumb like this and expect to be respected after calling my posts "Crazy"?

When did I mention Programmers? I never even mentioned programmers! I mean your so dumb you are using things I didn;t say against, me. How does that make sense? How do you think I should not be insulting such behavior?

I am making stupid assumptions that EVERYBODY KNOWS!!!!!!????????? REALLY!?!?!?!!?!??

Hey guys, guess PS2 didn;t win last gen!

But hey your like a 5 year old. Your toy is broken but you continue you to believe it's alive. It's so damn ad I mean just cry in the corner come back, and actually tell me what's wrong instead of just saying :I am wrong you are teh crazy ahahahahahahahahahahahahallolololololoyayayaayaya! Like you idiotds keep doing!

Nobody will ever take YOU SERIOUSLY! There is nothing here that needs backing up, it happened! Look obviouly from this you never touched a gamecube since you are defending something you know nothing about, because apparently id didn;t fail to you. or you need to go be rushed to mental institution in the yellow room!

I mean more than most of the Gamecube defenderds could not have had a gamecube when barely any gamers brought the gamecube, there are more defenders than people who had it.

You can cry about what happened, but that doesn;t mean it didn;t fail and all of a suddeen I need BACKUP! Really!?!?!?!?

Jakandsig_
You're getting this wrong, I'm not saying the GC didn't fail. You claim other can't read yet you seem to do it less, why not take more time to read and less time typing posts nobody will read (no, I won't read this whole post). You're right when you say I never (I have, but rarely) have played a GC, but you are wrong saying I'm defending, it, I never said anything like that, putting words into others posts. I also don't deny the fact the GC lost in sales, I never denied that, yet you claim I'm defending the GC. What I'm saying is, you never post evidence for ANYTHING you say, be it the GC crap, the GBA crap, the TurboGraphx crap, because all you post is opinions, no facts backed up with valid evidence of any kind. And then you make assumptions like "You never had this game". I also never mentioned PS2, this is just more of your inventing to try to go around what I said. The assumptions you make are not assumptions everybody knows, how does everybody know what consoles some one else had or hasn't? You always assume people don't own the consoles you disagree with. Those being the stupid assumptions. And you did mention Programmers, well A48 did, which is basically the same crap. And you're still beating around the bush, you're insulting me, and claiming "facts don't need to be backed up if you know anything about video games". Just to run away from what I'm saying. You're just diggin' yourself deeper and deeper. And you're starting to show how nervous and annoyed you're getting at how people see right through you, because all you rely on now is insults. I wonder if you can defend yourself in your next post without throwing an insult at me.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#22 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

1. Didn't read that pile of crap that TC calls an argument.

2. TC you're an idiotic troll. Just quit.

3. Gamecube was a rgeat system.

Jakandsig_

That failed so how was it great? oh wait, where were you when it was selling well and it's already small software sales were declining? Oh not playing the Gamecube. And you KBFloyd make my point even more obious, you are denying its failure when it clearly failed becuase you are all in denial. It's ok to be sad. Nintendo WAS lazy and they made out of the mind CRAP DECISIONS! And you turtle, I see the brain must be lowers a notch, I am trolling yet you are not een trying to cover up its failure and you sau Gamecube was a geat system. Does not mean all the above happened and it didn't fail. Your insanity is why people din't give a crap about the console in the first place. Where were you if it was so great? Where was KB? Nowhere. So hey, stop trolling just quit. You Pos. Now if people actually had something factual to go against this then it would be a decet legacy conversation.

So, we're pretending that sales are indicative of quality? Right, but last I checked, the GAMES make the system. And, I don't know about other people on here, but I have somewhere in the ballpark of 64 games for the GC, and I still need to buy some games I missed out on. I have gotten alot of playtime out of the system and still do, and, I'm,sorry you asshat, but that, to me, makes a system great. Not the business decisions surrounding it, not the sales, not the people who made it, but the games. And if you tihnk otherwise, well... you must not be a gamer.

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Another48hours
Member since 2012 • 1970 Posts
So many people to report to the mods.
lordoftheleft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lordoftheleft

hOW CANNOT BE THE REASONS I SPECIFIED IF THESE ARE THE ONLY REASONS!? Also where are your commas? I see you have one long sentence there. but you're just using this as an excuse to avoid the fact it failed in general. These are the only reasons they failed what OTHER WAY IS THERE?Jakandsig_

Yeah I admit it I am lazy when it comes to comma's, but I'm not the one writing a 2248 word essay here am I? Why does it matter so much to you if people agree with you Captain Hindsight? I said the GC failed, I'm not denying it. I swear no allegiances to the GC or Nintendo in general. I was always an Atari and Sega guy myself.

The PS2 sold over 150 million units, that's over seven times the units that the GC sold. Just the looming shadow of the PS2 effected the Dreamcast sales before it was even released. The PS2 was simply the preferred platform for third party developers. There wasn't much Nintendo could do about it. Except maybe sit that generation out and focus primarily on the GBA. (which in hindsight they probably should have done) Most people who buy video game consoles are casual gamers. The so called hardcore gamer only make up a small minority. Casual gamers usually buy one console per generation and that's it. So tell me after everybody and their mother bought a PS2 who would be buying all these GC's? Do you honestly think that making a few changes here and there would have changed anything? It wouldn't have mattered that much if the GC had DVD capabilities amazing third party support or that whole list of other stuff that you said. There would have been no way that it could have been even close to as successful as the PS2.

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
oh dear, now I know what another user meant by Jakandsig_ strikes again ,,,,
lordoftheleft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lordoftheleft

oh dear, now I know what another user meant by Jakandsig_ strikes again ,,,,penpusher

He's just some kid who probably read the how to troll article on encyclopedia dramatica. Except for the most part he's doing it wrong.

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

[QUOTE="penpusher"]oh dear, now I know what another user meant by Jakandsig_ strikes again ,,,,lordoftheleft

He's just some kid who probably read the how to troll article on encyclopedia dramatica. Except for the most part he's doing it wrong.

I figured. I dared to reply to his post about the turbografx, which i doubt hes even bothered to look up on the virtual console, let alone play or even do research on :) Its a bit sad.
magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

[QUOTE="magnax1"]

JuarN18

I definitely agree. I actually liked the GC better then the PS2 before it started to die off in 04 and 05, and that's when the PS2 started to take the lead for me. Every console that gen was abnormally great to me though. Especially the PS2.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#29 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts
Just because a console failed, doesn't make it bad.
Avatar image for TheBlackKnight3
TheBlackKnight3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheBlackKnight3
Member since 2008 • 1586 Posts

Wow he's posting in the same thread with two accounts now? This guy. Gamecube will always have a special place in my heart, as will the PS2. Some of the most memorable gaming of my life.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
This has gone on long enough. Clearly you only made your account to invade Legacy Platforms.