GameCube hatred?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

What's with dissing the 'cube?

I was a great supporter of it.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

I think very few people "hated" the Gamecube, but many were dissapointed in it compared to previous Nintendo consoles.

TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 TheKungFool
Member since 2006 • 5384 Posts

this thread is going to be forgotten quicker than Lindsay Lohan's career.

but for what its worth......
1) I don't generally feel that there is much "gamecube hatred"
2) I enjoyed the gamecube quite a bit
3) GameCube >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>N64

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shenmue_Jehuty

2) I enjoyed the gamecube quite a bit
3) GameCube >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>N64

TheKungFool

agreed until I read number 3. I feel the exact opposite, but you're entitled to your opinion :p

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#5 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts

I think very few people "hated" the Gamecube, but many were dissapointed in it compared to previous Nintendo consoles.

Shenmue_Jehuty

TheKungFool

Where the heck were you guys during last gen? The GameCube was easily the most hated console of it's generation, and for the most typical of reasons why too. Being a "kiddy" system that lacks "mature-oriented" games (the only franchise to get noted there is Resident Evil), bad third party support, etc. Two of those reasons Nintendo actually tries to fix in their new generations, but still get flak for doing.

A prime, and more recent example of this: Bayonetta 2.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GreekGameManiac

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

nintendoboy16

TheKungFool

Where the heck were you guys during last gen? The GameCube was easily the most hated console of it's generation, and for the most typical of reasons why too. Being a "kiddy" system that lacks "mature-oriented" games (the only franchise to get noted there is Resident Evil), bad third party support, etc. Two of those reasons Nintendo actually tries to fix in their new generations, but still get flak for doing.

Yeah,pretty much this.

I saw lots of GC bashing last gen.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#7 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
Yeah but you're asking the question as if you see lots of hate now, which I don't think is the case, because I rarely see any GC hate around.
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

The Gamecube is easily my least favorite Nintendo console, however I never hated it then or now. It has a few really good games. Key word "few."

dcps210go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 dcps210go
Member since 2009 • 313 Posts

americans like gamecube cus its mystical. Its like a pretty package under a f'd up ego. It makes sense because their continent is **** up beyond belief. They liike the idea of this eve or beuatiful nature within chaotic destruction. Its just the way it is.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

"kiddycube"

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Having an actual handle on the gamecube didn't help. That was a feature that inspired a lot of hate for the Gamecube.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nintendoboy16

Having an actual handle on the gamecube didn't help. That was a feature that inspired a lot of hate for the Gamecube.

Megavideogamer
That was one of the last things that it got flak for, actually.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 StatusShuffle
Member since 2012 • 1908 Posts

americans like gamecube cus its mystical. Its like a pretty package under a f'd up ego. It makes sense because their continent is **** up beyond belief. They liike the idea of this eve or beuatiful nature within chaotic destruction. Its just the way it is.

dcps210go
Americans brought the Gamecube?? :lol: Not even close, it's even sad that if I were to say most people that say they supported the Gamecube during its life-span are most likely lying because they felt guilty for avoiding it.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#14 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

I can't remember much hate for the Gamecube, though at the same time I can't remember too many people actually owning a Gamecube, I personally only knew 2 people who owned one, compared to almost everyone else who owned a PS2.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nameless12345

I can't remember much hate for the Gamecube, though at the same time I can't remember too many people actually owning a Gamecube, I personally only knew 2 people who owned one, compared to almost everyone else who owned a PS2.

Darkman2007

Funny thing is that even some "Nintendo fans" didn't buy it (or buyed it just for Smash or Mario/Zelda/Metroid).

The outrage Wind Waker's "cartoony" style caused was funny too.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

nameless12345

Funny thing is that even some "Nintendo fans" didn't buy it (or buyed it just for Smash or Mario/Zelda/Metroid).

I actually remember a friend of mine who really liked the Gamecube, and ended up buying the Wii shortly after it was released. lets just say hes not a fan of Nintendo anymore. so for all the "Gamecube sucks" opinion which may or may not be there, its exaggerated compared to what happened later.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nameless12345

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

Darkman2007

I actually remember a friend of mine who really liked the Gamecube, and ended up buying the Wii shortly after it was released. lets just say hes not a fan of Nintendo anymore. so for all the "Gamecube sucks" opinion which may or may not be there, its exaggerated compared to what happened later.

Well, the Wii split the fanbase, true.

On one hand it brought a new and grateful audience and on the other it disappointed many "old fans".

But the Wii was the result of GameCube's low sales.

And if you look past the weak hardware and neccessary motion control, it did recieve some fine games (albeit easier and more limited than the older outings).

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="nameless12345"]

nameless12345

Not that GameCube or N64 were in any better of positions there.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] I actually remember a friend of mine who really liked the Gamecube, and ended up buying the Wii shortly after it was released. lets just say hes not a fan of Nintendo anymore. so for all the "Gamecube sucks" opinion which may or may not be there, its exaggerated compared to what happened later.nintendoboy16

thats true to an extent, but I think its different. the Wii sold alot, but you have to wonder how many of those sales were from the traditional Nintendo crowd? also how many of those people are still playing the Wii. so while the previous consoles sold less, I think they were more in tune with the traditional Nintendo fanbase, wheres the Wii was more or less a punch in the face to alot of people. NIntendo is going to have a hell of a time convincing people to buy the WiiU.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

I love my Gamecube. But admittedly, I bought it after it was $35 used at Gamestop, so the Gamecube's day in the sun was pretty much over by the time I got it. I did have a Dreamcast, XBox, and PS2 during that generation, though. So I guess I'm just as guilty for not giving it the attention it deserved during it's generation.

But I don't hate it, and I generally don't hear much hate for it out there. It had some great games, many of which were exclusive to the Gamecube (until Wii ports later on, that is):

• Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
  • F-Zero: GX
  • The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Disc (Zelda Collection)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Mario Kart: Double-Dash
  • Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
  • Metroid Prime
  • Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
  • Resident Evil (Remake)
  • Resident Evil: Zero
  • Sonic Gems
  • Starfox: Adventures
  • Starfox: Assault
  • Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
  • Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • WWE: Wrestlemania X-8
  • WWE: Day of Reckoning 1 & 2

Now how can you look at that list of exclusives and not find at least a couple games that tickle your fancy? There's also a lot of great multiplatform games out there for it including RE 4, Spider-Man 1 & 2, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, Skies of Arcadia, and a bunch of others. And they're often sporting better graphics than their Dreamcast or PS2 counterparts.

Plus it has one of the coolest (and cheapest) accesories ever in the Game Boy Player. The device allows you to play Game Boy, GBC, and GBA games on your T.V. through your Gamecube. And you can use Gamecube controllers or your GBA itself for the controller.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

Darkman2007

thats true to an extent, but I think its different. the Wii sold alot, but you have to wonder how many of those sales were from the traditional Nintendo crowd? also how many of those people are still playing the Wii. so while the previous consoles sold less, I think they were more in tune with the traditional Nintendo fanbase, wheres the Wii was more or less a punch in the face to alot of people. NIntendo is going to have a hell of a time convincing people to buy the WiiU.

Funny, because that's how they felt in the 64 and GameCube era's too, but the flak only stopped when the next systems released (and was there where they get praise).

At this point, Nintendo has a base that's beyond unpleasable on many occasions, so much so, even TVTropes dedicated a tab to it on troper tales (which only covered most issues, but other pages cover other issues).

Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
Thought Gamecube hatred vanished since it became a legacy platform.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nintendoboy16
Thought Gamecube hatred vanished since it became a legacy platform.Devil-Itachi
It did, but I think he's referring to when it did get hate (which was exactly that gen).
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GreekGameManiac

[QUOTE="Devil-Itachi"]Thought Gamecube hatred vanished since it became a legacy platform.nintendoboy16
It did, but I think he's referring to when it did get hate (which was exactly that gen).

Thank you.

But sadly,Nintendo got flak this gen,too.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="Devil-Itachi"]Thought Gamecube hatred vanished since it became a legacy platform.GreekGameManiac

Thank you.

But sadly,Nintendo got flak this gen,too.

With the Wii yeah. Nintendo flak when their new systems come along is something to expect.

No matter what Nintendo does, Wii U is next, ESPECIALLY since Bayonetta 2's announcement.

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

How can any human being seeking enjoyment hate the Gamecube?

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

dcps210go

Three Questions:

1. What are you smokin'?

2. How much did it cost?

3. Where can I get some?

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

nintendoboy16

TheKungFool

I observed just as much hatred for the Gamecube as I did for the other consoles of that gen, no more, no less. I feel that the people who were hating on the Gamecube were a bunch of XBOX and PS2 fanboys who refused to see the Gamecube's unqiue and great library, which is there loss. However, the majority of gamers that weren't fanboys had mixed feelings on the Gamecube, but I would never say they hated it. I for one was one of these people. Aside from the RE and RE0, and SSBM, I had a hard time getting into this system mostly because I was enjoying the PS2 and Dreamcast thoroughly. It had nothing to do with hating the system, I just spent my money of video games from other consoles more because they appealed to me more. Now that GC games have become way cheaper, I have been playing a lot more titles on it and definitely appreciate it a lot more as a system, like many other people who fealt sort of meh about the Gamecube at the time.

Dj-Dampleaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 Dj-Dampleaf
Member since 2012 • 730 Posts

[QUOTE="dcps210go"]

MonkeySpot

Three Questions:

1. What are you smokin'?

2. How much did it cost?

3. Where can I get some?

:O Gamespots changing your sig now too?
TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheKungFool

Being a "kiddy" system that lacks "mature-oriented" games (the only franchise to get noted there is Resident Evil)

nintendoboy16

1) thats false, and something that only people who don't know what they're talking about say.
Eternal Darkness, Killer7, Blood Omen 2, MGS:Twin Snakes, The Suffering, Hitman2: Silent Assassin, True Crime, Dead to Rights, Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon.....
c'mon now.

2) just throwing around a bunch of titles with "M" on it doesn't make a system great. the GameCube had many awesome games, plain and simple.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

I don't hate the Gamecube. I was really disappointed by it.

It had a decent share of gems such as Smash Bros. Melee, Tales of Symphonia and Harvest Moon AWL.

But the Gamecube was blown out of the water by the PS2. (So was the Xbox)

That generation of games was what turned me from a sheep to a cow.

The games on the Gamecube just weren't as fun as the games on the PS2.

The Gamecube had some quality games, but the PS2 had both quality and quantity. TOO MANY GOOD GAMES!!!

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

Being a "kiddy" system that lacks "mature-oriented" games (the only franchise to get noted there is Resident Evil)

TheKungFool

1) thats false, and something that only people who don't know what they're talking about say.
Eternal Darkness, Killer7, Blood Omen 2, MGS:Twin Snakes, The Suffering, Hitman2: Silent Assassin, True Crime, Dead to Rights, Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon.....
c'mon now.

Didn't read the part where that was what the general community said about the GameCube, as well as every other Nintendo console before and after that (starting with N64)? Resident Evil is still the only "mature" series to get noted on the GameCube, so much so that every exclusive in that series (RE ZERO, REmake, RE4 before the PS2 port) received controversy on there for being on a "kiddy" system (similar to the problem the recently announced Bayonetta 2 received, only difference is that Bayonetta 2 is published by Nintendo, and adds fuel to the fire).

The Suffering wasn't even on the GameCube.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MonkeySpot

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

[QUOTE="dcps210go"]

Dj-Dampleaf

Three Questions:

1. What are you smokin'?

2. How much did it cost?

3. Where can I get some?

:O Gamespots changing your sig now too?

... And now, the NEW sig outlining the NEWEST failures around this site... I don't know if they have Ashton Kutcher running their technicians now, but for Jah's SAKE...

:evil:

Had to switch to a completely different (and disliked) web browser in order to access ANYTHING. Other one (which I love), won't allow me to open topics, and most boards I frequent on the site lack any threads (visible)... Wow. Just, WOW.

:?

They should be ASHAMED. How does a website devoted to tech & gaming get this ****ed UP?!?

On-Topic:

I think that the GC is one of those consoles you either dig or you don't, and really who gives a toss about what others think, ultimately? If "M" games are what it takes to spin your wheels then I s'pose that's OK. The first game i was really exposed to on the GC was "Super MonkeyBall"... I was traveling as a sound engineer, and one of our crew brought the GC and "MonkeyBall" on the bus, telling us we HAD to try it out. On the face, MB looks like what we used to call a "Stinkin' Baby Game". It's mercilessly cute, and has nothing "macho" if you look at it superficially.

We started to play one of the party games, "Monkey Target", and being a flight game fan, I was immediately impressed with the physics and control of hte gliding portion of the game. Then the scoring science started to sink in... And by about a half-hour, I knew that I not only had made a grave mistake in judging this game on it's looks, I had made a giant error in not looking into the console in-general.

"Eternal Darkness". "Metroid Prime". "REmake". "Pikmin". Multiplatform games like "Metal Arms: Glitch in the System", "Tiger Woods", and "Soul Calibur II" played much better to me on the 'Cube and the controller suited those titles better than my beloved PS2 (I said, "TO ME" - Your mileage may vary), or they had more MP otions for group-gaming than other consoles I had favored heavily like the PS2 had.... As I delved into the library, the hits just kept pouring out of the little black cube (yes, I bought a black one, eventually - rather QUICKLY, as a matter of fact).

If there was "hate" for the system, I didn't really see it after that. Not from my circle of friends, and not really from other gamers. Where I lived, it was cool to be into the 'Cube. And I found that I could have love for more than one system in a generation. I didn't HAVE to choose, I just enjoyed it all...

There was no hate. As there is no hate in me, for ANYTHING. If you don't like the 'Cube, that's cool. They make chocolate, strawberry, AND vanilla ice cream for a reason; Not everyone has the same taste. But to put anything down, as apposed to just letting folks do their own thing (especially when it doesn't adversely effect you in any way), is the only true BS there is in this world.

Now, GameSpot's TECHNICAL HORSE-SH!T lately... That's another issue, entirely...

:evil:

Peace Fellow Spots.

:)

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#34 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
MonkeySpot, add "www.gamespot.com###nrelate_related_0" to your AdBlock filter and it fixes the "can't click link" :P I just got a PM saying that and it worked for me with Mozilla.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MonkeySpot

MonkeySpot, add "www.gamespot.com###nrelate_related_0" to your AdBlock filter and it fixes the "can't click link" :P I just got a PM saying that and it worked for me with Mozilla.Dudersaper

As usual, you rock Duder!!! I will see if I can get that integrated (Mozilla is my fav). Thanks m'friend!!!!

:D

... I'm still in wonder over this site going to Hell, though.

:lol:

This wrinkle is not a Mozilla update issue... Or IS it? Do you know? Sorry to go off-topic again. Guess I could PM, but I already hit the 'Submit' button.

:P

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#36 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Honestly, after loving the Super Nintendo and doing pretty well with teh N64, I feel pretty disappointed by the GC.

I don't hate it by any standard, but I was deffinately dissapointed.

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
I hated the Gamecube and still do. That's not to say that there was nothing of value on the system, because there certainly was, but it was just overshadowed by the quality on other systems. But my real reason for hating it was its horrid controller. I can't believe THAT is what they thought was good design. It felt fine to hold in your hand, but the lack of clickable analog sticks and the poor face button layout (who decided beans should be the inspiration for two buttons?), as well as the useless Z button/clickable L/R buttons just made me want to burn things. The controller could be fine if you made your game exclusive, but if it wasn't, the Gamecube was the worst to play games on.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nintendoboy16

But my real reason for hating it was its horrid controller. I can't believe THAT is what they thought was good design. It felt fine to hold in your hand, but the lack of clickable analog sticks and the poor face button layout (who decided beans should be the inspiration for two buttons?), as well as the useless Z button/clickable L/R buttons just made me want to burn things. The controller could be fine if you made your game exclusive, but if it wasn't, the Gamecube was the worst to play games on.LongZhiZi
I've played several multiplats on GameCube and it isn't that bad. Traditional fighting games are a bit more tricky on them (save for the likes of Naruto and Zatch Bell!), but it still worked then if you get used to it. I've had very little problems with platformers, RPG's, action adventure (especially the Zelda clones), some basic hack and slash (among the lines of the Lord of the Rings games), aerial shooters (like Star Fox and Rogue Squadron), and even FPS (TimeSplitters 2 played fine with it).

Really, I feel that the "exclusives only" statement in regards to the GameCube controller a bit unfair statement to say, as several third party games do work fine with it.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 StatusShuffle
[QUOTE="Devil-Itachi"]Thought Gamecube hatred vanished since it became a legacy platform.nintendoboy16

No it didn't just on gamespot.com/
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="Devil-Itachi"]Thought Gamecube hatred vanished since it became a legacy platform.StatusShuffle

No, there were other places too. I remember getting laughed at in middle school, confessing about having a GameCube to most other gamers I knew.

TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TheKungFool

Didn't read the part where that was what the general community said about the GameCube.....

nintendoboy16

yes, I read that part. the point is, the "general community" was wrong.

the thing is, your "general community" are the exact type of sheep who dismiss things they don't understand or know about. any half intelligent person would be more concerned with reality than the misguided nonsesense uttered by the "general community".

simply put, if the general community thought the gamecube didn't have worthy games, the general public was grossly misinformed.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

Didn't read the part where that was what the general community said about the GameCube.....

TheKungFool

the thing is, your "general community" are the exact type of sheep who dismiss things they don't understand or know about. any half intelligent person would be more concerned with reality than the misguided nonsesense uttered by the "general community".

simply put, if the general community thought the gamecube didn't have worthy games, the general public was grossly misinformed.

Well, it almost looked like it was aimed mainly at me. Maybe I misread...

Really, I'm just basing this off of what I see. And I see way more "gamers" saying stuff like that about Ninty systems in general, while most defenders are nothing more than a band of rebels fighting a bigger faction.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 StatusShuffle

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] It did, but I think he's referring to when it did get hate (which was exactly that gen).nintendoboy16

No, there were other places too. I remember getting laughed at in middle school, confessing about having a GameCube to most other gamers I knew.

I had that backwards, I meant to say yes it did. It's only defended on gamespot.com Look anywhere else and the Gamecube is still laughed at. Ask a random gamer on the street, they will go lolwutolgamecubelol.
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#44 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

It's true. Here on the Legacy forum, we like GameCube much more than they do on your average forum. I like to think this is because we are smarter than the average forum.

In any case, I think the reasons people don't like it are pretty well spelled out. It's purple, has less mature titles, has a handle, etc. etc. I love mine though and my only problem is the teeny tiny wee d-pad which was too small for normal sized fingers and unreachable by smaller sized fingers. Other than that: great console, great controller, great exclusives and best add-on of all time in the GBA Player.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 StatusShuffle

It's true. Here on the Legacy forum, we like GameCube much more than they do on your average forum. I like to think this is because we are smarter than the average forum.

In any case, I think the reasons people don't like it are pretty well spelled out. It's purple, has less mature titles, has a handle, etc. etc. I love mine though and my only problem is the teeny tiny wee d-pad which was too small for normal sized fingers and unreachable by smaller sized fingers. Other than that: great console, great controller, great exclusives and best add-on of all time in the GBA Player.

logicalfrank
"It has nothing excelling in a genre the other 2 consoles dominate in." "It has FP games that use very similar unchanged formulas giving it almost no real advantage to even that of the Dreamcast" "Nintendo sucks at advertising" "GBA player has a frame preventing full enjoyment" "Lack of spcae allows for less features of multiplats." "Lack of LAN games." "Lack of online games." These were just taken from random sites, and to be honest this is still the majority. I think a lot of some of the hate vanishing was the Wii, but even now the hate is still pretty big. Don't go near Ign.
TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TheKungFool

[QUOTE="TheKungFool"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

nintendoboy16

Well, it almost looked like it was aimed mainly at me. Maybe I misread...

Really, I'm just basing this off of what I see. And I see way more "gamers" saying stuff like that about Ninty systems in general, while most defenders are nothing more than a band of rebels fighting a bigger faction.

I appologize then, as I was not trying to imply or infer that the problem was YOU, and I realize you're speaking generally of just what you've heard people saying.

I think sometimes these large groups of "gamers" you're speaking of are essentially sheep that are regurgetating stuff other people say, and it becomes a sort of snowball of missinformation. (snowball analogy as in people keep adding themselves to the group, thus that group grows like rolling a snowball)

I just think alot of people hear/experienced other people saying the gamecube was this or that, and then spread/adopted that opinion without actually having spent much time actually playing the console.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MonkeySpot

I think alot of people heard/experienced other people saying the gamecube was this or that, and then spread/adopted that opinion without having spent much time actually playing the console.

TheKungFool

I will cop to the above. Although, I didn't actively spread any negativity. I simply ignored the platform until someone showed me how wrong I was to dismiss it out-of-hand... Then I purchased it and quickly aquired a library for it.

;)

Cruise-Reigez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Cruise-Reigez
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I am not going to lie, I don't like the Gamecube. To be even more honest you have to really convince me to even replay it. Bomberman Generations and Bomberman Jetters is not enough for me to buy the Cube. Heck, they are basically the same game except one is anime.
TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TheKungFool

[QUOTE="TheKungFool"]

I think alot of people heard/experienced other people saying the gamecube was this or that, and then spread/adopted that opinion without having spent much time actually playing the console.

MonkeySpot

I will cop to the above. Although, I didn't actively spread any negativity. I simply ignored the platform until someone showed me how wrong I was to dismiss it out-of-hand... Then I purchased it and quickly aquired a library for it.

yeah, fair enough, thats another segment; people who weren't in any way negative on the Cube, but just didn't bother with it.

I bought the PS2 first that generation, simply because the PSone was (and still is) my alltime favorite console, and it made sense to buy the PS2 given I had a Psone library about 70 titles strong, and the Ps2 was backwards compatible.

I sort of bought the GameCube as an afterthought, but quickly became a fan once I started paying attention to all the great games on it.