Game with the most jerks online...

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts
I was going through my 4th or 5th game of Madden13 today and I noticed that there are a noticeably large amount of jerks online in this game. I haven't run into this many aggravating gamers online in any other game. Its the whole reason I don't use a mic in this game, although it doesn't stop them from sending absurd , idiotic comments. I had a guy send me a MSG before the game that read, "Get ready to lose b1tch!" The sad thing is that most of these people are adults, yet act like complete morons.maybe it's just because I'm older, and like to treat everyone with respect, but I shouldn't always expect the same. So, what's the game that gives you guys the biggest headache online with immature idiots? I know COD has its share, but for me Madden13 takes the cake, and by a wide margin.
Avatar image for thedarklinglord
thedarklinglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 thedarklinglord
Member since 2003 • 1106 Posts
I'd guess Call of Duty or World of Warcraft, if for no other reason than the sheer number of people playing those games. But I'm sure sports and fighting games are equally inundated with plenty of Grade A d-bags. It's that wonderful 'competitive spirit' they always promoted in school that's permeated all aspects of culture, from sports to politics to gaming. It's not about doing your best, taking pride in your victories and wisdom from your failures, congratulating your opponent(s) when they best you or lauding their skills and efforts at making you work for your win. It's all about breaking down the other guy, trying to make them look smaller so you can feel bigger, and bloating your ego to compensate for your complete lack of character. It's sad and sickening. (And Vonderhaar seriously wonders why there are so many people who don't even bother with the multiplayer aspects of CoD games?)
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
League of Legends
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#4 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
League of LegendsShadowsDemon
Couple it with "Solo Ranked" and this would be the correct answer.
Drosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Drosa
Member since 2004 • 3136 Posts

I ran into a lot in the "end game" areas of World of Warcraft. There are some in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

However, so far I've run into none in Guild Wars 2.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
quake live but the gud jerks if u know what i mean gaemz like xbawx are just people yelling at their screen and are terrible
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]League of Legendsillmatic87

"I'm AP carry" "No I'm AP carry" "Ad carry" "tank jungler" "sona jungler trolololol" Yep that pretty much sums it up.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#8 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Every Call of Duty game

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Gears of War, beyond any doubt. CoD and Halo have their cussing kindergarten children, but Gears has a userbase made of convicts and gangsters
DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

From my experience, sport games such as Football (soccer) and Football (NFL) tend to carry plenty of jerks, not to mention the obvious, Call of Duty. The last one I played was MW2 and that had a plethora of pondlife on its servers; I don't expect that has changed.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

Left 4 Dead on PC. Seriously, those guys are the biggest bunch of elitist a-holes you will find in a game. You do one little thing wrong and they will call you every horrible name in the book and then vote kick you.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Starhawk easily.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

gears of war.some real scum of the earth in that game.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ShadowsDemon

Left 4 Dead on PC. Seriously, those guys are the biggest bunch of elitist a-holes you will find in a game. You do one little thing wrong and they will call you every horrible name in the book and then vote kick you.

toddx77
This! These guys kicked me because on the final stage of No Mercy I missed a jump and fell down and lost some HP, and they all started swearing like $hit, and then kicked. It's insane.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#15 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Pick a MOBA, any MOBA. Also I agree with Drosa in that Guild Wars 2 has been surprisingly friendly. They've done a good job of designing the game so everyone helps and thanks each other.
toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 toddx77

[QUOTE="toddx77"]

ShadowsDemon

This! These guys kicked me because on the final stage of No Mercy I missed a jump and fell down and lost some HP, and they all started swearing like $hit, and then kicked. It's insane.

Sounds about right. One time a person on myfriends list invites me to a game, 5 mins in the 2 other people try to vote kick me and she also says yes lol.

kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts
I don't know if I ever came across as many as I did in Grand Theft Auto IV. I haven't come across as many in the other games people have mentioned here. But I think I have eventually come across some in every online game I've ever played, even stuff where you might not think to find it like word games, online poker games, and stuff like Culdcept Saga.
CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#18 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

That's how it always is , if you're beating someone in mp you're an a-hole and if you're not one of the top players , you're a noob.:?

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
Any MOBA. But the one with the biggest concentration? HoN.
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#20 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

Just the usual Call of Duty, Starcraft 2, LoL, and L4D.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

I've had my fair share of idiots to deal with in certain fighting games. After beating them with skill, some would message me and call me "a cheap gamer with no skill." :lol:

LJChronx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJChronx
Member since 2003 • 954 Posts

I dont really mind a little trash talk. It is America after all. We have a competitive spirit and there is nothing wrong with that. But I have to agree that alot of the trash talkers take it too far. There is no reason to go on and on with the trash. No reason to send obscene PMs to people. And certainly no reason to kick people from a game just because there they are learning or made a simple mistake.

quebec946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 quebec946
Member since 2007 • 1607 Posts

sro and wow have biggest dbags on an online game.

cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

WoW has a lot of immature people in it but I think I just out-grew the general community after a while; I keep underestimating the amount of years I spent playing it.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 godzillavskong

I've had my fair share of idiots to deal with in certain fighting games. After beating them with skill, some would message me and call me "a cheap gamer with no skill." :lol:

Metamania
Yeah, I was beating a guy in Madden13 last night 21-0, then he messages me, "turn yo settings down" . I had no idea what he was talking about. I messaged him back that I have mine set on All Pro. He said my player skill settings? Well, unfortunately my game dropped and he got the win. Then he messaged me again, said "cheating ass, that's why you lost, u should be ashamed if u grown" lol
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 godzillavskong
I went back and checked in Madden. You can't adjust those sliders for your player skills without it changing to custom , therefore you won't match up with people online unless it's the same. He was a big baby and didn't like getting beat. Funny.
Tazzman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Tazzman1000
Member since 2012 • 638 Posts

toddx77
I can't agree more. On L4D2 unless you've racked up atleast 20 hours of playing time most people will instantly kick you out of a game. The only games I can get into are ones with my friends. Worst online community I've come across.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
I hate to say it but Halo has gotten pretty bad.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#29 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I can vouch for WoW's horrible community, especially at end game.
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

Overall percentage of players? I might go with Day Z. LoL, Hon, Dota are all bad as well.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ShadowsDemon

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="toddx77"]

toddx77

Sounds about right. One time a person on myfriends list invites me to a game, 5 mins in the 2 other people try to vote kick me and she also says yes lol.

lol your own friend kicked you? :|
AjaxNeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#32 AjaxNeron
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]League of Legendsillmatic87

I try to avoid Solo queue, which usually works out since most of my friends are always up for a game. League has way too many jerks playing Ranked.
Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

Just about any game you play online you are going to find jerks.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

League of Legends

I'm max rank and duo q'd with my under level 10 friend. Sure it brought me down to some easy people but it also put him against some people way out of his league.

We both got death threats

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ShadowsDemon

League of Legends

I'm max rank and duo q'd with my under level 10 friend. Sure it brought me down to some easy people but it also put him against some people way out of his league.

We both got death threats

whiskeystrike
That sounds pretty accurate to what I got. :P
toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 toddx77

[QUOTE="toddx77"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] This! These guys kicked me because on the final stage of No Mercy I missed a jump and fell down and lost some HP, and they all started swearing like $hit, and then kicked. It's insane.ShadowsDemon

Yup thats how elitist they can be lol, then like a week later she invites to play again.

Another one I rmembered was back in 2009 when that UFC game by THQ came out my friend told me that the players who have the least amount of defeats in online matches also had the highest dissconnect rate lol.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ShadowsDemon

toddx77

Yup thats how elitist they can be lol, then like a week later she invites to play again.

Another one I rmembered was back in 2009 when that UFC game by THQ came out my friend told me that the players who have the least amount of defeats in online matches also had the highest dissconnect rate lol.

Damn =/ Add me on Steam if you still play L4D2. It'll be good to actually have a normal person to play with sometime. :P Steam is RavenRum[OzFur]
toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 toddx77

[QUOTE="toddx77"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] lol your own friend kicked you? :|ShadowsDemon

Damn =/ Add me on Steam if you still play L4D2. It'll be good to actually have a normal person to play with sometime. :P Steam is RavenRum[OzFur]

Just added you. I will either apear as toddx77 or soulxhawk lol. I still havent played cold stream yet and I would be nice to play it online without douche bags kicking me lol.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#39 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
mostly on FPS games i meet them, but i also met some on PES online
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

From my experience, World of Warcraft. People take that game more serious than anything else.

Online jerks is become bigger by the day, especially now 'trolling' has become such a widespread cancer in the online community.

Trolling lost it's identity the moment it grew on #chan and spread outside those boards, now anyone can end any discussion with 'umad? lolol' or 'you got trolled bro lolol'. Which is in fact, not, trolling at all.

It was funny 5 years ago in small amounts and in clever ways.

Now anyone uses it as an excuse for being a total ****

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ShadowsDemon

toddx77

Just added you. I will either apear as toddx77 or soulxhawk lol. I still havent played cold stream yet and I would be nice to play it online without douche bags kicking me lol.

Same. I just got kicked again for pretty much no reason. :P
AjaxNeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#43 AjaxNeron
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

Overall percentage of players? I might go with Day Z. LoL, Hon, Dota are all bad as well.

SouL-Tak3R

How so? DayZ makes you be a jerk. Everyone is supposed to kill everyone else, just some people are fortunate enough to have a bigger group to kill you with. It's just a part of the game.

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

I'm guessing TC is american and is playing on xbox..thats your problem.Solution...move to europe and get a PS3.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts
I was going through my 4th or 5th game of Madden13 today and I noticed that there are a noticeably large amount of jerks online in this game. I haven't run into this many aggravating gamers online in any other game. Its the whole reason I don't use a mic in this game, although it doesn't stop them from sending absurd , idiotic comments. I had a guy send me a MSG before the game that read, "Get ready to lose b1tch!" The sad thing is that most of these people are adults, yet act like complete morons.maybe it's just because I'm older, and like to treat everyone with respect, but I shouldn't always expect the same. So, what's the game that gives you guys the biggest headache online with immature idiots? I know COD has its share, but for me Madden13 takes the cake, and by a wide margin.godzillavskong
competition=trash talk. it happens....if you say you are older...then you should be able to understand and laugh it off.... did you beat him?
naju890_963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#46 naju890_963
Member since 2008 • 8954 Posts

Every online FPS.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#47 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

I ran into a lot in the "end game" areas of World of Warcraft. There are some in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

However, so far I've run into none in Guild Wars 2.

Drosa

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm. Mhm. Mhm. Mhm. Mhm. Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 godzillavskong
[QUOTE="godzillavskong"]I was going through my 4th or 5th game of Madden13 today and I noticed that there are a noticeably large amount of jerks online in this game. I haven't run into this many aggravating gamers online in any other game. Its the whole reason I don't use a mic in this game, although it doesn't stop them from sending absurd , idiotic comments. I had a guy send me a MSG before the game that read, "Get ready to lose b1tch!" The sad thing is that most of these people are adults, yet act like complete morons.maybe it's just because I'm older, and like to treat everyone with respect, but I shouldn't always expect the same. So, what's the game that gives you guys the biggest headache online with immature idiots? I know COD has its share, but for me Madden13 takes the cake, and by a wide margin.jsmoke03
competition=trash talk. it happens....if you say you are older...then you should be able to understand and laugh it off.... did you beat him?

Nope. Trash talk and competitive banter doesn't fall in the same category as being a jerk. I am older. I've been gaming since the Sega Master System and I'm used to competitive gaming on all systems, but being a jerk just to be a jerk is a lot different. It doesn't ruin my day, or make me destroy a controller. I was just stating the amount of jerks you meet online in certain games, and how it really isnt necessary.
lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts

League of Legends.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts
[QUOTE="jsmoke03"][QUOTE="godzillavskong"]I was going through my 4th or 5th game of Madden13 today and I noticed that there are a noticeably large amount of jerks online in this game. I haven't run into this many aggravating gamers online in any other game. Its the whole reason I don't use a mic in this game, although it doesn't stop them from sending absurd , idiotic comments. I had a guy send me a MSG before the game that read, "Get ready to lose b1tch!" The sad thing is that most of these people are adults, yet act like complete morons.maybe it's just because I'm older, and like to treat everyone with respect, but I shouldn't always expect the same. So, what's the game that gives you guys the biggest headache online with immature idiots? I know COD has its share, but for me Madden13 takes the cake, and by a wide margin.godzillavskong
i still think its the same thing....and more so in a video game.... did you beat him? competition=trash talk. it happens....if you say you are older...then you should be able to understand and laugh it off.... did you beat him?

Nope. Trash talk and competitive banter doesn't fall in the same category as being a jerk. I am older. I've been gaming since the Sega Master System and I'm used to competitive gaming on all systems, but being a jerk just to be a jerk is a lot different. It doesn't ruin my day, or make me destroy a controller. I was just stating the amount of jerks you meet online in certain games, and how it really isnt necessary.