Game show type videogames. Are they worth spending money on and playing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for slamminjammin69
#1 Posted by slamminjammin69 (1599 posts) -

Just wondering since I never had any videogame with the game show type genre whether they were Wheel of Fortune or even Weakest Link for the regular Playstation.

Even the Buzz! game for the PSP I never bothered spending money on since it looked kind of stupid.

So I was just wondering how you guys feel about game show themed videogames whether they're original like Buzz! or based on tv shows like Weakest Link and Jeopardy

#2 Posted by Dudersaper (32951 posts) -
I can manage Buzz! for about an hour or two if I'm playing with friends, but that's it, I'm not much a fan of them. Especially if it's to play alone, that would be hella boring.
#3 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

"You Don't Know Jack" can be a blast at parties... And I liked "BUZZ!" a lot too.

#4 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2647 posts) -

I remember Classic Concentration on c64. That was a fantastic gameshow video game, but I don't think it was ever released on consoles. Haven't really played anything else, played The Price is Right on my friends ipad for a few minutes, it seemed pretty decent.

#5 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

I remember Classic Concentration on c64. That was a fantastic gameshow video game, but I don't think it was ever released on consoles. Haven't really played anything else, played The Price is Right on my friends ipad for a few minutes, it seemed pretty decent.

23Jarek23

I wanted to PM you on this, but I LOVE your sig!!!

:D

"OOPS!"

LoL!!!

:lol:

I think we ALL need to be giving this site some shtick in our sigs for the technical mess it's continuing to be.

#6 Posted by rwallacefan (4886 posts) -
I loved the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire games on the PS1 :) Jeopardy as well for PS1 :)
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
#8 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

They're a blast if you've got friends around to play with. If not, then not so much.

#9 Posted by Megavideogamer (6341 posts) -

Buzz for the PSP was a nice deversion. Buzz was only $5 so I gave it a try.

#11 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (982 posts) -

I've got "Who Wants to be a Millionaire: Party Edition" for the PS2 and i've never played it and not intending to unless i have a friend/relative around to play with. I just think it's the wrong side of sad to be playing quiz games on your own. Plus why would you want to learn the answers to the questions before playing with other people?

Singstar's another example of more fun with other people.

-

I do have a question though regarding Buzz games. Do they work without the buzzers, or do you HAVE to have them?

#12 Posted by NamelessPlayer (7729 posts) -
[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]"You Don't Know Jack" can be a blast at parties... And I liked "BUZZ!" a lot too.white_sox
Agreed. The YDKJ games are really fun and hilarious.

You Don't Know Jack holds a special distinction as the only trivia game series I've enjoyed. I just wish the 2011 re-release didn't have a crappy PC release, given the platform the series debuted on.
#13 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4735 posts) -

Surprisingly, I'd say some are worth the investment, although the only one that comes to mind right now I can say for sure is "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader". My sister got it for her DS a few years ago, and I've spent more than a few hours at a time playing it when I can't find my DS games.

#14 Posted by Sali217 (1301 posts) -
"The Guy Game" :p