Game Manuals...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

--Lucas--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 --Lucas--
Member since 2002 • 287 Posts
So I was browsing through my Uncharted: Drakes Fortune manual and reached the Notes section, which got me thinking... Does anyone here write on those pages? Personally I never have.
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
No, and I would hate it if I got a used game with a written-on manual. However, they can be useful in a pinch, especially back in the day when puzzles were much more demanding. The reason those pages exist, is because otherwise they would have to be blank. A booklet can only have a number of pages that is divided by 8 (at least I think so).
Conker36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Conker36
Member since 2006 • 101 Posts
no I never do, in fact I always forget, I just get like an index card, or printer paper if I need to write down something for a game.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
Never used it before, and as a collector, I never will.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Writing on the game manual is vandalism. If the game is Zelda, it's like spraying graffiti on the Mona Lisa.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
I have never used those notes pages in the manuals. If I want to write cheat codes for games, I write them on a notebook.
Clamwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Clamwich
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts
Nope, never.
OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
i used to, in older games a lot of them had codes you needed to save your work, for example metroid.
Anofalye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 Anofalye
Member since 2006 • 702 Posts

Game Manuals are mostly to be used as rules Bibles.

CoV example

IH = Toggle, why isn't it anymore? Why aren't you following the Bibleof your game?

A Game Manual serves 1 purpose, to secure what is. Devs, have to abide by it. I mean, they make a game, they write the game manual, the least they can do is respect their own Bible. If their tastes changes and they rather have a stronger Power for PvP, yet by shafting everyone in PvE, they would think of changing a Toggle into a click power...a click power is better in PvP...but in PvE, you want a toggle. See, the player who pick something, based on what is written in the Game Manual, can you explain to me that he is shafted now? No you can't and you will never be able, cause you deceive them for whatever silly reason. The Game Manual says something, then it has to be that.

I write everywhere in the Game Manual, I may even draw silly stuff (not good at drawing so...end results isn't as nice I you would hope for). I never sell back my old games...these notes are for me. If the devs state something that contradict the game manual, I will write a note somewhere about "peoples" not able to follow their own rules; how am I suppose to follow the rules of someone who can't even follow his own rules? ...niak niak niak.

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Nope, not ever.