deactivated-58e19e160226c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-58e19e160226c
Member since 2014 • 30 Posts

Hello, I am an independent game programmer (as well as other things), and I have lots of experience with game development and programming in general. However, I never can come up with any ideas. I'm sure in such a large gaming community must have a ton of ideas. So please list all you've got here! It can be 2d, 3d, strategy or horror- anything.

And why I say concepts above, I mean ideas for systems implemented into a game (like a new combat or inventory system, new kinds of gameplay or gamemodes, ect).

So yeah, any ideas related to games, gameplay, or game development.

Notes:

• I am more likely to program smaller games and implement smaller things into games I make, but if you have a really good idea for a big game, I'll absolutely program it!
  • It cannot be a sequel, based off a book/movie, ect. Those bring up copyright issues.
  • I can only do one game at a time. So if I do one, the rest will not be done for a good while
  • If you have experience with game development, texturing, sound creation, ect you can work with me on stuff
  • Big games or really good small games may be sold or put ads on them, ect. The idea submitter will get a large part of any income, a free copy, alpha/beta access, constant idea input, credits, being there the whole way from step 1, ect. Small games or games that most likely wouldn't really get money will be open source on github. When you submit games, you understand this. I do this for fun, but I also could use some spare cash.
  • I will continue to ask for advice and community input for released or in development games

Also note I can only do computer games. Not consoles or phone games. (At least not YET... I may in the future). I will also ignore ideas that aren't described well. I want a well thought out, detailed as possible idea.

Thanks for your input.

[Please no input such as "I have no ideas" or things away from the topic. Expansion on ideas already submitted is encouraged]

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Could you make an co-op Adventure Game ? :)

I always asumed it was impossible.

Avatar image for deactivated-58e19e160226c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-58e19e160226c

@Lulu_Lulu: Yes. There's no reason for it not to be.
I could do that, given an idea for an adventure game.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Giants. Put in......Giants.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-58e19e160226c

@behardy24: Sure, I might add giants if I get a game idea that it would be suitable in.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@zeusoflightning

I can't think of anything more specific than that.

All I can say is that even in a Puzzle Game like Portal 2's Co-op campaign.... Both players don't arrive at the conclusion at the same time, so it effecively its one player coming up with the solution and requiring both people to execute the solution, for the smarter player its very entertaining to have an Idea and seeing it succeed in execution but for the not so smart players, they end up feeling like dead weight and execution feels like they are just going through the motions....

So in regards to designing an Adventure game with co-op the problem is making sure one player is not pulling the other through.... actually thats not just puzzle oriented games.... Almost all co-op games of any genre have that iproblem. Its a Synchronizing Issue.... I was wondering of theres a type ofgame that could fix that.......

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Behardy24

@zeusoflightning said:

@behardy24: Sure, I might add giants if I get a game idea that it would be suitable in.

A Story game idea: Giants all over the world have risen from the depths of the earth. These Giants are all unique and all different. They are Godzilla 2014 movie type of big. Giants roam the world, with no real purpose or place. They just roam. As a result, human cities and civilizations have fallen and humans must now scatter to avoid being crushed/attacked by them. But Giants are not the only thing they must worry about it. Certain wild animals and humans have gone crazy/more hostile. Forcing the humans to be cautious in this world with other groups of humans. You can still make it a co-op adventure game just to please @Lulu_Lulu :D

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

A fix for the sync error in age of mythology extended edition would make you famous ;p (I'm assuming you play since your avatar is from age of mythology)

Maybe a platformer like this

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-58e19e160226c

@behardy24: Uh, I might do that game. Unlikely though. But yet again, I'm not saying you have to give the idea.

@Lulu_Lulu: I didn't say YOU had to give the idea, but yeah, thanks for the extended points. I'll look into that, if I end up making an adventure game. I'll see if there's a way I can do that. You do raise some interesting points.

What both of you said count as concepts. So no idea needed.

@JigglyWiggly_: Uh, I can't do the first thing. Sorry. But for the second, I don't want to copy games or game ideas? But I assume you mean more of the exploration aspects? Sure.

clifffordsfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 clifffordsfx
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Hmm, I've always wanted an MMORPG like GunZ The Duel, or S4 League. The reason why I liked it both is due to it's flexible controls. But I was thinking more like a game where the controls are similar to GunZ or S4 League, except that the game is more to an open world, killing mobs that is, rather than room/dungeon based. IMO, games like Soul of the Ultimate Nation, Cabal, or any other point and click games are less player-interactive and are boring. So generally what my concept meant is that the game is in TPS (Third Person Shooter) view with mouse controls. similar to Vindictus, and Dragon Nest. so it's like combining the flexibility of GunZ/S4 and the game play of Dragon Nest/Vindictus. Except that it's an open world with mobs, similar to Firefall.

I apologize if my concept sounds rather ridiculous or impossible. I suppose it would take a really long time to develop such a game, but it's just an idea ;) That would be under "big" as you mentioned I guess haha. I've been looking really hard for fast-paced action packed games like GunZ and S4 but they're ephemeral, simply because hackers start coming in and ruin the game.

I wish the best of luck to you to develop a large success for a game ! :)

Godspeed !

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Behardy24

@jeager_titan said:

@behardy24 said:

@zeusoflightning said:

A Story game idea: Giants all over the world have risen from the depths of the earth. These Giants are all unique and all different. They are Godzilla 2014 movie type of big. Giants roam the world, with no real purpose or place. They just roam. As a result, human cities and civilizations have fallen and humans must now scatter to avoid being crushed/attacked by them. But Giants are not the only thing they must worry about it. Certain wild animals and humans have gone crazy/more hostile. Forcing the humans to be cautious in this world with other groups of humans. You can still make it a co-op adventure game just to please @Lulu_Lulu :D

You just stated the plot of attack on titan anime.

I heard a lot of talk surrounding that, I heard it was excellent too. I might check it out.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Behardy24

@geniobastardo said:

@jeager_titan said:

@behardy24 said:

@zeusoflightning said:

You just stated the plot of attack on titan anime.

oiii what about an AoT game??

After hearing so much good talk surrounding that series so far, that's sounds like an excellent way to expand to a larger audience.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Behardy24

@geniobastardo said:

@behardy24: just hearing, haven't you seen it yet?

Nope. My reason why is below in the video:

Loading Video...

Just Kidding! I think Anime is cool and I appreciate what it's done for art and animation in all fields. I just don't have the desire to dive into it. Should I punish for this?

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Behardy24

@geniobastardo said:

@jeager_titan: nobody wants that!

@behardy24 said:

@geniobastardo said:

@behardy24: just hearing, haven't you seen it yet?

Just Kidding! I think Anime is cool and I appreciate what it's done for art and animation in all fields. I just don't have the desire to dive into it. Should I punish for this?

You should watch it, it's not the greatest but it is a great anime. At least, I'd dove in just for AoT's fandom.

Okay. I'll attempt to watch the first episode. I'll report back on what I thought if I find it.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Behardy24

Just finish watching the first episode. It was pretty dark and gritty. Didn't care much for the characters even though you could relate. I can see why people would like this, but I doubt I'll continue watching it. Just not my style.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Behardy24

@geniobastardo said:

@behardy24: what's your style? maybe I can recommend some anime of your liking...I'm actually pretty good at this stuff.

Vigilante, Noir, Superhero, lots of guns and gunfights, War, Crime.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@zeusoflightning: Well something within your range would be an RPG pokemon/Chrono Trigger style. That shouldn't be too hard. The story would be more hard though. But a deep progression system with different tactcs and a lot of side missions would be something i would love to see. The only game that really fills that void today is pokemon to a big extent

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Behardy24

@geniobastardo said:

@behardy24: what the??? ok, try Code Geass, Durarara and Psycho-Pass. Try Psycho-Pass first.

Alright. Thanks! I'll watch one episode of each of your suggestion and report in a day or so. Again, thanks for the suggestions!