Game Completed - when?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

element-pa91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 element-pa91
Member since 2009 • 46 Posts

Hi to all, I just have this question please, & if it's been asked, I have missed it in my searching, so sorry, just tell me where please:

When do you consider the game you are playing as being "completed" Is it when you have gone through the single player content by your own efforts, or even by the use of save file work-around, and that's it, done dusted game completed in, 'X' hours - move on to the On-line etc ?

It's that I keep hearing on reviews, this game is Short, not much for the single player to work on, you will finish in about 10 hour's, etc etc. but at what level of play? Sure, skill level recruit or rookie, etc it may be so, but what about the rank ups through to; as in COD Modern Warfare (Veteran) ranking - ??

Do - players skip the difficulty levels in the single mode not wanting to go through the game again at harder and then harder still level? If so, why are the rank ups in the game at all? Thanks for your time etc.

madyran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 madyran
Member since 2006 • 83 Posts
I consider a game finished when I get tired of playing it. It's all about me 8)
element-pa91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 element-pa91
Hi, you know? That's a very good point! Afterall, the player controles the 'off' switch eh ! Ta.
SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

I consider it done when I see the ending credits.

If no such item exists, I made up arbitrary goals to complete, and call it complete when i finish that list.

Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
Yeah, pretty much after I beat it at a difficulty i deem adequte and see the credits role. As far as online based games or fighting games, i play until i get tired of it. I'm just waiting for someone to say "when i've gotten all achievements/trophies."
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
the game is complete when i see the credits role. whether it makes me want to go beyond that is irrelevant (though preferable in terms of overall quality) to the completion of the game.
element-pa91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 element-pa91
Hi, yes, like SirSpudly, you have a goal set by you at your own level be it at a difficulty setting or to see the credits roll. thanks for that eh.
element-pa91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 element-pa91
Hi thanks, I see a trend line forming, A nice point being the desire to go further in the difficulty of the game being directly linked to the quality of the game - noted, ta
Xeilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Xeilia
Member since 2009 • 231 Posts

the game is complete when i see the credits role. whether it makes me want to go beyond that is irrelevant (though preferable in terms of overall quality) to the completion of the game. LoG-Sacrament

Same goes for me. However, if the game manages to captivate me entirely, I might beat it again after some time.

ebbderelict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 173

#11 ebbderelict
Member since 2005 • 3992 Posts

I consider it done when I see the ending credits.

If no such item exists, I made up arbitrary goals to complete, and call it complete when i finish that list.

SirSpudly
I feel pretty much the same.
element-pa91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 element-pa91
Hi thanks, the good enough to return to later factor, the games overall quality initiating a re-run at higher skill, and now we have the word captivate added, ta muchly!
element-pa91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 element-pa91
Hi ta, again, the goal or goal's to reach are set by the player, be it credit roll, or upping the skill level, or going for any hidden quests etc. Thanks.!
EyeWierd20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 EyeWierd20
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts
When I've seen every detail, completed every mission, found all collectibles, read/heard every bit of dialogue, and seen every multiple endings and relived every part several times. That's when I'm done. But there's also a multiplayer mode, then I will continue to play the game until I get bored of multiplayer.
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
I almost always start with 'normal' difficutly and play on through. I don't care about hidden items, secret quests, 'easter eggs' or any other nonsense that drags on the experience. I like to finish the story mode once, so I can critique the game. That being said, it normally takes me more than 8-10 hours to finish a "short" game, so if I do finish within that time, it's labeled too easy. If I don't finish, it's too hard (or frustrating). I skip multiplayer all together, since there's no point in a never-ending game, and only move on to harder difficulties if I'm rewarded for progress (hack n slash). I consider a game "complete" the minute the game ends. Whether I drag on the experience doesn't change my opinions about being complete or not..
element-pa91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 element-pa91
When I've seen every detail, completed every mission, found all collectibles, read/heard every bit of dialogue, and seen every multiple endings and relived every part several times. That's when I'm done. But there's also a multiplayer mode, then I will continue to play the game until I get bored of multiplayer.EyeWierd20
Hi, thanks for input, do you think the availability of game save & data files etc short this particular circuit, or do you avoid using them, are they a blight on the game or a help?
element-pa91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 element-pa91

I almost always start with 'normal' difficutly and play on through. I don't care about hidden items, secret quests, 'easter eggs' or any other nonsense that drags on the experience. I like to finish the story mode once, so I can critique the game. That being said, it normally takes me more than 8-10 hours to finish a "short" game, so if I do finish within that time, it's labeled too easy. If I don't finish, it's too hard (or frustrating). I skip multiplayer all together, since there's no point in a never-ending game, and only move on to harder difficulties if I'm rewarded for progress (hack n slash). I consider a game "complete" the minute the game ends. Whether I drag on the experience doesn't change my opinions about being complete or not..jjtiebuckle

Hi, thanks, Good points there, especially about the multi player involvement hmm? - must look into this angle More fully, ta. So the game's provision of difficulty levels for the player could well not be needed?. ta..

Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#19 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts

In my opinion, a game is completed when the credits roll. When a game is completed 100% the player has unlocked everything, found everything and done everything in the game.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
When I don't wanna play it anymore.
element-pa91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 element-pa91
Thanks, fair enough the game is only worthwhile playing if it continues to captivate the player?
arijit_2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 arijit_2404
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts
I am not a MP or online player. I accept a game as completed when I see CREDITS.
element-pa91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 element-pa91
Arijit_2404, Hi, the credits seem to be the closure point for most, although once you are at the end credit stage, do you call it done n dusted, or try an work through the next difficulty level of the game? Or is one play through at starter level to credits enough, and therefore other difficulty level;s in the game are superfluous?
arijit_2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 arijit_2404
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts
Arijit_2404, Hi, the credits seem to be the closure point for most, although once you are at the end credit stage, do you call it done n dusted, or try an work through the next difficulty level of the game? Or is one play through at starter level to credits enough, and therefore other difficulty level;s in the game are superfluous? element-pa91
If it's an RTS, I try some skirmishes, and some specific missions which I had difficulties to complete previously (try some different approaches). But for RPG games, I am done with it once I finish it once. But later if I grow interest again in future, I play it again (example, Diablo 2, titan quest etc.) I generally don't play shooters - and even if I play then I never revisit it. :)
Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

I consider a game completed once I see the credits. I usually play on "Normal" the first time through unless I feel like "Normal" difficulty might be too easy.

If I liked the game, I may go back and try a higher difficulty level, or grab some acheivements I didn't get the first time through.

In the COD games I'd never try my first playthrough on Veteran ... it would be an incredible exercise in frustration to do so.

element-pa91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 element-pa91

I consider a game completed once I see the credits. I usually play on "Normal" the first time through unless I feel like "Normal" difficulty might be too easy.

If I liked the game, I may go back and try a higher difficulty level, or grab some acheivements I didn't get the first time through.

In the COD games I'd never try my first playthrough on Veteran ... it would be an incredible exercise in frustration to do so.

Dire_Weasel
Now that is very near the m,ind set I recall of a little while ago, not so long ago, but before on line hit the consoles as well as it has. ta