From Software Don’t Change Please !

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

Dark Souls was probably one of the best RPG’s out there.

What they did in that game was insane.

What do you want in Dark Souls II ?

I just want everything that you saw in Dark Souls to just go into extreme depth. The story, the whole Dark Souls Universe etc.

The best dungeon crawler I have played.

RadioGooGoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 RadioGooGoo
Member since 2007 • 253 Posts

More of the same really. And a much better inventory system for PC.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#3 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

@acp_45 said:

I just want everything that you saw in Dark Souls to just go into extreme depth. The story, the whole Dark Souls Universe etc.

So long as it doesn't have a traditional narrative and offers up the same tucked away secrets that turn it into something grand, then yeah I agree.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#4 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

So... where are we concerned that they are changing?

I'd like to see a bit more of a presented storyline, nothing big, but more noticeable than the first simply because the lore was really well thought out but really difficult to figure out. I get that's kind of the point but it seems like a shame to me that such cool ideas were barely presented.

Also, no fvcking curse frogs, areas with poison pools (coughcoughBLIGHTOWNcoughcough) or Ornstein and Smough type boss. The bosses in the game are brutal enough, but those two are some of the most ridiculous bosses ever conceived for a game.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

They certainly don't need to change. They've confined themselves away to an overspecialized closed genre (or sub-genre in this case) and that's ok. Fighting games did the same thing, and they've found success appealing to only a very specific narrowly defined group of people, as has From Software with the Souls series. These games are simply not made with people like me in mind, and I'm ok with that now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#6 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@turtlethetaffer: They should change because they have created a very unique RPG dungeon crawler.

I don’t want them to move into other territory.

As I said, I want them to delve the story a bit more also expand the whole dark souls universe. In terms of gameplay they are unique and they need to stay that way.

Story needs to change, of course. Otherwise it would be the same game over and over again.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Honestly, not looking forward to any of the features that recall Demon Souls. Dark Souls was an absolute achievement in almost every single way. I want just as much depth, no simplifying, no mass appeal, no casual anything. I just want another Dark Souls. The combat is amazing, the customization is amazing, the in-depth stats were fantastic.

There is only one problem with Dark Souls. Enemies can hurt you while you climb ladders... but you can't hurt them. Change this, and it is pretty much a perfect game.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#8  Edited By c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts
@turtlethetaffer said:

Also, no fvcking curse frogs, areas with poison pools (coughcoughBLIGHTOWNcoughcough) or Ornstein and Smough type boss. The bosses in the game are brutal enough, but those two are some of the most ridiculous bosses ever conceived for a game.

You're gonna love the Mirror Knight in Dark Souls 2 then. That guy can summon actual players to assist him mid-battle, multiple times even.

Besides, Ornstein and Smough are fun once you get the basics down. Consistently challenging, even on new game plus where most bosses become trivial. Stuff like the Bed of Chaos are what need to go. Now that was a terrible boss battle.

@Shmiity said:

There is only one problem with Dark Souls. Enemies can hurt you while you climb ladders... but you can't hurt them. Change this, and it is pretty much a perfect game.

You can, actually. Either by using arrows or magic from afar, or pressing the attack buttons while on a ladder.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I wan't better gameplay ! And Proper Difficulty not based on design from the 80's.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 locus-solus  Online
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

make it easier to co-op with friends im sure difficulty could be adjusted

iamllamapie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#11 iamllamapie
Member since 2012 • 297 Posts

I preferred Demon's Souls and I also think it's more unforgiving than Dark Souls in the sense of world tendencies and soul form. Becoming a hollow and giving up a humanity to return to your human form was much more forgiving than Demon's Souls in which if you died you became soul form which cuts half your health, makes the world tendency darker and lowers your skills slightly until you either beat a demon, helped another player beat a demon or killed another player. The game was brutal. When I played Dark Souls it was more forgiving.

fatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 fatee
Member since 2004 • 371 Posts

Server-side character storage on PC.

Hackers galore on PC. Glad my first experience with the souls games have both been on PS3 near or on launch day.

Definitely a game to be played on launch day, where everyone is fresh and has no idea what to do!

gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

Really I don't want that much to change. What I've seen and read points to the sequel being a worthy successor. I did not find much to dislike about Dark Souls- I thought the difficulty was perfect and it engaged me like no other game last gen.

...Ok except for those scumbag Anor Londo Archers. Stuff like that needs to go. Those two d-bags were harder than O & S solo. Bed of Chaos did suck, but at least your progress didn't completely reset after death.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#14 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

@c_rakestraw: The Mirror Knight in Dark Souls II is going to be awesome. I look forward to summoning a bunch of allies and having one big mess of players with an intense boss in the middle.

Is it March yet?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#15  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@c_rakestraw: Lol I'm not gonna be online for various reasons, so I guess Mirror Knight shouldn't be too awful.

I agree Bed of Chaos was just terrible. It's a puzzle boss, one that becomes a battle of attrition pretty quickly. Thank God your progress is retained even if you die in the middle of the "fight." But I just find Ornstein and Smough to be too... "random" I guess? It just seems that even when you get their pattern down they can still own you.