FPS's getting delayed for the so called "additional development time".

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JAMullins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JAMullins
Member since 2003 • 582 Posts

Bioshock 2
Officially, Take-Two blames the delay on the need to "provide additional development time for the title."
New release date: vague "fiscal year 2010"

Singularity
"The level of excitement for Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2 coming out of E3 well exceeded our expectations and therefore we have decided to move Raven's upcoming sci-fi first person action title, Singularity, from 2009 to Q1 2010. We believe that the March quarter will provide a better opportunity to establish the new cutting-edge action IP as a "must-have" title and clears the way for Modern Warfare 2 to dominate this holiday season."

MAG
Both GameFly and GameStop are listing the title for release during the month of January 2010.
A Sony Computer Entertainment spokesperson said "We haven't made any announcements in regards to the launch date, the retailers are just speculating."

What games are next? If you are trying to release a FSP title around the same time as Modern Warfare 2 as competition you are going to get crushed. I think it is very smart to delay a game that is in the same release window of MW2. The only other big FPS title is Flashpoint 2. We will see what happens.

agturboninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#3 agturboninja
Member since 2006 • 670 Posts

I'm getting iffy about Bioshock 2 since they are using mulitple developers for specific areas. We got one for animation and sound, one for coding... Hope it comes together.

linkthewindow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 linkthewindow
Member since 2005 • 5654 Posts
"A delayed game is good eventually, a bad game is bad forever" Delays are annoying, but additional development time can only be a good thing.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44376 Posts

Yeah smart move to stay out of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's path, that game is going to be a juggernaut. Also helps me out as well since there's a lot of great stuff I want to get over the coming months.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

How funny would it be if Activision delayed it to Q1 2010?

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

The popularity of CoD4 (I skipped/paid no attention to CoD5 which is being done by the bums of Treyarch) is amazing considering what a poorly designed game it is (infinitely respawning enemies and weak AI in the campaign, perks and airstrikes in online play). Not to say that CoD4 doesn't have its good points (plot, setting) but there was just so much garbage I fail to see its attraction for people.

That being said, the E3 trailer looked really cool and I recall reading Infinity Ward has belatedly realized that infinite respawning enemies are high idiocy so perhaps Modern Warfare 2 has a shot at being a quality game.

S3XYT1M3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 S3XYT1M3
Member since 2009 • 834 Posts

im sad to hear boishock 2 was delayed i could care less if it had multiplayer or not 1 was still a great game without it