FPS that takes longer to complete then 2 days!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HeLLsMeSSnGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HeLLsMeSSnGR
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Im a fan of FPS but iv just completed BC2 campaign in less than 2days...iv getting abit sick of payin £40 for a game that i can finish single player in a couple of days its alright playing it through again on harder difficulties but you know the storyline i feel game developers are putting to much into online multiplayer and forgeting about single player campaign.

So has anyone got any suggestions on a descent FPS that will take more than 2days to complete besides Fallout 3 and Borderlands any idea how long Metro 2033 takes to finish?

YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
All shooters can be beat in a day or two, maybe your in the wrong genre? Play RPGs, Racing games, or sports games. Or don't live infront of your tv. Problem solved...
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

sadly FPS these days are really short, not like the good ol' days where some of them were unbelivably long, and often awesomely quirky ^^

Atmanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Atmanix
Member since 2009 • 6927 Posts

I've never played a game I could beat in two days. Do you live in front of your TV or something?

Pirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Pirson
Member since 2006 • 297 Posts

I beat BFBC2 campaign in like a day and a half. It was pretty quick. Also the MW2 campaign didn't take long either. Although I have enjoyed the Borderlands campaign which I've put quite a bit of time into. Coupled with the DLC, Borderlands is a pretty good play.

Avatar image for masterpinky2000
masterpinky2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#6 masterpinky2000
Member since 2004 • 1955 Posts

Yeah, Modern Warfare 2 was so short that I beat it in 2-3 days playing maybe 2-3 hours a day over a weekend. That's definitely fairly short, but it's the direction the genre's headed.

Pirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Pirson
Member since 2006 • 297 Posts

Yeah, Modern Warfare 2 was so short that I beat it in 2-3 days playing maybe 2-3 hours a day over a weekend. That's definitely fairly short, but it's the direction the genre's headed.

masterpinky2000

Yah, everything is more towards the online side these days.

Toribor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Toribor
Member since 2005 • 3255 Posts

Play Borderlands. 80% FPS, 20% RPG. Enough RPG elements to keep you going for a loooong time. Easily very addictive too.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and the original FarCry. Both on PC. Problem solved.
redbaron3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 redbaron3
Member since 2004 • 984 Posts
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]Play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and the original FarCry. Both on PC. Problem solved.

This
HeLLsMeSSnGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HeLLsMeSSnGR

Play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and the original FarCry. Both on PC. Problem solved.Black_Knight_00

Iv played STALKER on the pc but i got out of pc gaming having to upgrade all the time...yeah iv played Borderlands FarCry Fallout MW2 and its campaign was a let down...Fallout3 was awsome 200hrs plus :)

There must be some out there that last longer

And no i dont spend all day in front of the TV i work 7days a week and have a girlfriend that hates gaming lol

@YoungSinatra25 i cant stand racing or sports games i find them boring i play games for the storyline i play 3rd person like all the horrors Resi Silenthill ect

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts

Hm... Call of Duty 4 - it took me exactly 2 days to complete on Hard.

Soko77788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Soko77788
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

Maybe try Half Life 2? I played it like 2 years ago and from what i remember it was longer than the average fps.

TylerW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TylerW
Member since 2002 • 451 Posts

Yeah, get the Orange Box. that's about 40 hours of totally excellent FPS gameplay, and then you get to play Portal.

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
most shooters are made short so they can get you into the Online modes, tho even before consoles went online most shooters where still pretty short if you want a long FPS then go with borderlands ( its a FPS/RPG, but its awesome )not much story but alot of killing to be had
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Borderlands and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl (unless you play 12 hours every day).
HeLLsMeSSnGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HeLLsMeSSnGR

Maybe try Half Life 2? I played it like 2 years ago and from what i remember it was longer than the average fps.

Soko77788

Soz guys done that one with both add on's

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#18 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Any Metroid Prime game, with Metroid Prime 2 being the longest and, in my opinion, the best. They're much more than just an FPS, though.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

Far Cry 2. Believe me, it takes about 45-50 hrs to beat the game (with all side missions)

NLahren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#20 NLahren
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts
most of fps games are short, to play more u must play rpgs
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Have you tried Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl? That took me awhile to play through.
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

Far Cry PC, Bioshock, Doom 3 PC, and maybe FEAR PC. Yes those titles are old, but long FPS campaign are rare these days.

warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

Sorry, but "2 days" isnt an accurate representation of time.

2 days is 48 hours, for all anyone knows you played the game for 25 hours over those 2 days.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Black_Knight_00

2 days is 48 hours, for all anyone knows you played the game for 25 hours over those 2 days.

warmaster670
Ever heard of 'average play time'? The average weekend play time is 4 hours a day (2 in the afternoon and 2 in the evening), which brings us a total of 8 hours over a weekend, which incidentally is the length of most shooters today.
kodyoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kodyoo
Member since 2010 • 258 Posts
[QUOTE="warmaster670"]

Black_Knight_00
Ever heard of 'average play time'? The average weekend play time is 4 hours a day (2 in the afternoon and 2 in the evening), which brings us a total of 8 hours over a weekend, which incidentally is the length of most shooters today.

So? Why would I assume that everybody who plays meets these requirements? I think it's best to just stick to saying hours rather than days. Anyways, I agree with the OP, I actually don't really like the influx in multiplayer games as they all seem to feel the same these days. I only buy games with extensive campaigns, lets say 10+ hours of play. If you haven't played Half Life 2, you should, the campaign is quite long.
kodyoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kodyoo
Member since 2010 • 258 Posts
[QUOTE="warmaster670"]

Black_Knight_00

So? Why would I assume that everybody who plays meets these requirements? I think it's best to just stick to saying hours rather than days. Anyways, I agree with the OP, I actually don't really like the influx in multiplayer games as they all seem to feel the same these days. I only buy games with extensive campaigns, lets say 15+ hours of play. If you haven't played Half Life 2, you should, the campaign is quite long.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Im a fan of FPS but iv just completed BC2 campaign in less than 2days...iv getting abit sick of payin £40 for a game that i can finish single player in a couple of days its alright playing it through again on harder difficulties but you know the storyline i feel game developers are putting to much into online multiplayer and forgeting about single player campaign.

So has anyone got any suggestions on a descent FPS that will take more than 2days to complete besides Fallout 3 and Borderlands any idea how long Metro 2033 takes to finish?

HeLLsMeSSnGR
That's the problem, you bought BFBC2 for the single player which isn't recommended at all. Games like BFBC2's value is in its multiplayer. I already clock in over 30+ hours playing online and I'm not even half way! I can easily see myself playing more than 100+ hours by the time I get remotely tired of it. I can play this for months, maybe even for years depending on how much EA/Dice supports it and how the community is. Basically, I'll play it until BFBC3 comes out, whenever that'll be.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="warmaster670"]

kodyoo

So? Why would I assume that everybody who plays meets these requirements? I think it's best to just stick to saying hours rather than days..

No. It's true that many gamers play for way longer than that on a daily basis, but my point is that as an average, saying 8 hours or 2 days is the same. People understand it. Now, if he said games that can be beaten in an afternoon, I would agree with you, but 2 days is the time it takes for most people to beat a shooter.
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
[QUOTE="warmaster670"]

Black_Knight_00

I've never given it much thought, but that sounds almost exactly right! After about 2 hours, I start feeling like I should do something productive. And it usually does happen twice in a day on a weekend day.
Delirium_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Delirium_
Member since 2010 • 58 Posts

Maybe give Bioshock, Fallout 3 or Borderlands a go? I'm not sure... A lot of FPS's can be finished super quick..

That's the problem, you bought BFBC2 for the single player which isn't recommended at all. Games like BFBC2's value is in its multiplayer.ASK_Story

^ Totally agree

drug_lab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 drug_lab
Member since 2007 • 58 Posts
Most games in general are ridiculously short these days. If you want more bang for your buck, then it's best to stick with genres such as RPGs, MMOs, etc.
valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 valereth-1
Member since 2009 • 9249 Posts

HeLLsMeSSnGR
Play STALKER
homieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 homieboy
Member since 2004 • 3279 Posts
Play Doom 3 for the PC
cloudmip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 cloudmip
Member since 2009 • 240 Posts

If you want long FPS's, try Deus Ex, Bioshock, Quake 2, FarCry, ummmm.... Half Life 1 and 2, and Battlefield 1942. I don't know what consoles you have, but I hope this helps.