FPS for the slightly color blind?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TitusAndronicus
TitusAndronicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 TitusAndronicus
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts

Hey folks-

I am slightly color blind, which makes it very hard to see opponents sometimes in games like Battlefield 2, where the red names above the heads can blend into backgrounds pretty easily. Does anyone have any recommendations for any online-enabled FPS on either the PC or the 360 with relatively easy-to-see enemies? Or perhaps a good competitive game with solo deathmatch, so that I don't need to worry about confusing friends with enemies? Any input is greatly appreciated.

XxTRIFORCExX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 XxTRIFORCExX
Member since 2007 • 406 Posts
Unreal Tournament and Unreal Tournament 2004 are good but might be too fast paced.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
So is it only something like reds that you can't see easily? With a game like Counter-Strike you'd look at the players' skins, or Day of Defeat: Source.. they have pretty distinguished teams so you don't need nametags.
xArticulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xArticulus
Member since 2006 • 351 Posts
hey! me too :} dark green and brown/ green and light brown are practically indistinguishable to me, but usually its never a factor when playing games, but, halo would be good, you either need to shoot the blue dudes, (if youre red) or vice versa if youre blue, other than that, i'd stay away from Call of Duty, but good luck in finding something right for you :D
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Maybe there's some mod to change the game's rgb color palette and turn red into, say, white. I'd google that up.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Black_Knight_00
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts

Maybe there's some mod to change the game's rgb color palette and turn red into, say, white. I'd google that up.Black_Knight_00

probably, but probably would also get you nailed by punkbuster. people use those kinds of mods to make obstacles transparent

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Black_Knight_00

probably, but probably would also get you nailed by punkbuster. people use those kinds of mods to make obstacles transparent

weirjf

Aye, that's reasonable.Thanks fot the tip.

Avatar image for TitusAndronicus
TitusAndronicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 TitusAndronicus
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts
Thanks for the input, folks. I really do appreciate it. I'll check into Counter-Strike, and Halo 3 is going to be an investmtoo. Any other suggestions would be great. One game I don't generally have trouble with is the Timesplitters series. The cartoony characters and graphics seem to be much easier on my eyes. I'm thinking Team Fortress 2/The Orange Box might be an investment. Any thoughts?
nosferatu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 nosferatu
Member since 2002 • 4292 Posts
What are your color deficiencies? I'd guess red/green since that's the most common, but that's an assumption. A lot of games use red and green/blue to dilineate the good guys from the bad guys, so it could be complicated.
musicXpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 musicXpirate
Member since 2005 • 3040 Posts
My cousin is color blind and he can't tell the differece in a red and blue Spartan. That must suck...
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

Thanks for the input, folks. I really do appreciate it. I'll check into Counter-Strike, and Halo 3 is going to be an investmtoo. Any other suggestions would be great. One game I don't generally have trouble with is the Timesplitters series. The cartoony characters and graphics seem to be much easier on my eyes. I'm thinking Team Fortress 2/The Orange Box might be an investment. Any thoughts?TitusAndronicus

The new Team Fortress, included in Valve's Orange Box is taking the same, extremely cartoony route. I'd look it up.

mosa922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 mosa922
Member since 2007 • 749 Posts
I dont even know, sorry.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Try Project Reality for BF2. There's no red names for anyone, so other players don't have an advantage.
CameosisJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CameosisJ
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts

hey! me too :} dark green and brown/ green and light brown are practically indistinguishable to me, but usually its never a factor when playing games, but, halo would be good, you either need to shoot the blue dudes, (if youre red) or vice versa if youre blue, other than that, i'd stay away from Call of Duty, but good luck in finding something right for you :DxArticulus

same here... yellow/orange yellow/green brown/green purple/blue are all ones i get mixed up. It has never been a problem for me gaming. Usually it = shoot the big alien dude and i can be monochromatic colorblind and still do that.