For those interested in more Mass Effect, let's show our support!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sithlord33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sithlord33
Member since 2017 • 7 Posts

Hello everybody, as you know the future of the mass effect series is uncertain.

Certain sources claim single player dlc is not coming for mass effect andromeda and the game is not gonna get supported again.

This is for the people who want to show Bioware and EA that they are interested in more mass effect content.

Recently an hashtag has been created for twitter called : #SavetheQuarians

A petition is currently online to show that they are people interested in a dlc for mass effect andromeda : https://www.change.org/p/bioware-dlc-for-mass-effect-andromeda

Here is the reddit thread about this subject : https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/6l1y86/no_spoilers_mass_effect_andromeda_story_dlc/

and if you want more details about the movment, you can check out the thread of the bioware social network just here : http://bsn.boards.net/thread/11828/savethequarians-dlc-support-hub

Do not believe your individual supports cannot change anything, last time the internet putted pressure on bioware and EA for mass effect content, we got the extended cut for mass effect 3

You can make a difference, but don't just support it without saying or doing anything, the petition and the ways to help the situation are there.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

Nah, let's not.

I can live happily the rest of my life with the fond memories of ME 1-3, and forgetting about ME:A.

I don't know if I could handle it if the scale started to tip in the other direction, and the negative memories of a once-great series outweighed the good ones if they continued down this path. I mean even the sequel is set up to fail, who the hell is the next antagonist? The first game's second in command? Give me a break!

Let's give Anthem a try, Dragon Age still has some life in it, and maybe bring back some other IPs. I know a lot of people would kill for a Jade Empire sequel right about now; imagine a KOTOR-style RPG based on Chinese/asian mythology with Arkham-style kung fu combat and mystical magic? That'd be pretty dope.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#3 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Have yet to play Andromeda but I'd be surprised if they gave up on the franchise entirely. Granted, I don't think we'll see a new game for quite a while.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

No, They made many mistakes with it and they should learn from them. Blind support will not help us gamers.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

@wiouds said:

No, They made many mistakes with it and they should learn from them. Blind support will not help us gamers.

Unfortunately, it's one of those titles that everyone will buy. All we can hope for is some other "AAA" publisher will smell weakness and make a game and release it at the same time as the next ME game, essentially killing it. Not that I would wish for the demise of any game series outright, but I'd rather see those resources spent elsewhere, if we are being honest.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

Even though I love the original trilogy and mostly enjoyed Andromeda, I could live without more Mass Effect considering the direction Bioware has taken. I just don't feel that it could ever capture my interest as much as the trilogy. The most important aspect of a game for me is the atmosphere and feel of the world - Andromeda couldn't escape mediocrity in that regard. I find myself reminiscing of adventuring in the Milky Way. If they can create a sequel that will capture my imagination once again, then I would be down for more Mass Effect. Even for the Quarian DLC, I find it hard to really care. Maybe I'd get it on a sale someday. Right now I'm in no hurry to get back to Andromeda.

Sithlord33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sithlord33

@SoNin360: Well for sequel we need Bioware to support the games they already have released.

darktruth007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By darktruth007
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

I'm only in the beginning of ME:A but everything I have seen is awesome. Though I need to buy a new graphics card to continue playing.

I will say its a shame if they keep this on the shelf cuz I am a huge fan of this series.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

I'd love to see another Mass Effect. I'm all for giving Bioware a chance to get it right. It deserves that much.

What really annoys me are the idiots who called Andromeda the worst game ever and ran Bioware into the ground, forcing it to put the franchise on hold, therefore making sure we all suffer.

It wasn't even close to a bad game and people's whiney, melodramatic response to it was pathetic.

Sithlord33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sithlord33

@darktruth007: indeed

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

I do not want more of the same. MEA was a move to wrong direction. It did not feel like genuine Mass Effect. felt too much like generic RPG such as Dragon Age Inquisition. Too many fetch missions, too much repetition with puzzles and vaults. It was just dull, to be honest.

They could make remasters of the original trilogy. I'd buy that!

Sithlord33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sithlord33

@Starshine_M2A2: 100% agreeed

Sithlord33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sithlord33

@SoNin360: would not be that impossible to end the series, it would not be their first, that is why there is both the petition and the movment

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#14 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

@sithlord33 said:

@SoNin360: Well for sequel we need Bioware to support the games they already have released.

Just saw that there was another big patch for the game, so I would say they are supporting it. To some degree, at least. Maybe that's why they canned DLC, they want to make the core game and its MP better. Just a thought, who knows at this point if there will be another game but I'm still leaning towards the likelihood of a sequel.

Sithlord33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sithlord33

@SoNin360 said:
@sithlord33 said:

Just saw that there was another big patch for the game, so I would say they are supporting it. To some degree, at least. Maybe that's why they canned DLC, they want to make the core game and its MP better. Just a thought, who knows at this point if there will be another game but I'm still leaning towards the likelihood of a sequel.

True they are technically supporting it but we need to push them to support the game even more than just patch or free MP dlc.