First PsONE RPG game for a fighter game fan?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

inzaneetie013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 inzaneetie013
Member since 2007 • 1385 Posts

Greetings

Ever since I've always wanted to play RPG games like FFs, Legend of Legaia, Sword of Mana, and the like. I seem to like them at first, but in the long run I always feel exhausted of the grinding, the same monsters while grinding, and the parts where one would crawl into a dungeon where your party would go back and forth looking for something. I'm not use to that stuff really, except for Pokemon.

I'm really on fighting games, Tekken series, Mortal Kombat, Street fighter, Mutant Academy, and some 2d fighters here and there. But I really want to enjoy RPGs too, so could you guys reccommend some RPG games that kind of suits me in your opinion?

Thanks in advance!:D

KALIBARRR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KALIBARRR
Member since 2008 • 111 Posts
Tales of Destiny, perhaps? The combat is much more interactive, as it is with all the Tales games. I enjoy it quite a lot.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
I understand that you are looking for ps1 games,but with your description,Jade Empire would certainly suit you.
Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts
Perhaps something more slasher-centric like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, Champions of Norrath, or Morrowind? Though the first two are on PS2, and the last is on xbox.
Vermonol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vermonol
Member since 2005 • 32 Posts

Tobal 1 or 2

Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#6 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts

I guess anything with a more active battle system would help. The Legend of Dragoon or Star Ocean 2 would probably be good