Finally, Final Fantasy 7 Remake is officially out and time for impressions!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

I grew up with the original game on PSX all these years ago. Always thought FF7 was ahead of its time due to SquareSoft using CD-Rom over cartridges from Nintendo. But anyways, fast-forward 23 years later, FF7 Remake delivers as you walk into the past only this time, in the modern era.

Combat is extremely fun, graphics are great, music is awesome. I will say do not compare it to the original FF7 as much as you should, this remake stands on its own merits, to say the least. Characters are well written, voicework is well directed, sound design is pretty good too. Even though this is considered episodic, this game is well over 40+ hours depending on your playstyle and felt like I got my money's worth.

Despite I went digital, I couldn't help but to buy the physical copy since I still have the original copy all these years😇

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts

Never really grew up on the Final Fantasy games but many of my friends and loved ones adore the franchise. I'm glad majority fans are happy with the outcome from the looks of things.

It's certainly being more well received by fans than Resident Evil 3, which in my humble opinion is being slaughtered for many ludicrous reasons.

*Shocked you grabbed FFVII anyway @davillain-, recall you saying to wait for a P.C. version that was "complete". Seems you took a bite on that remake bullet, and dived in anyway. Temptation is a cruel mistress indeed. Now if only Tifa and Cloud join Iceborne, we can get you playing some Monster Hunter.

Glad you are enjoying the remake anyhow our good moderator; and hope other Final Fantasy fans on the GD board are also.

Keep safe and happy gaming everybody ツ

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 0

#3 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@davillain-:

Only 6 hours in and I'm truly loving every minute of it. Suddenly, every sidequest is important and something that I need to do. You take every little detail in. It's like playing the game for the first time all over again! This game is literally everything I dreamed it would be and then some!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts
@RSM-HQ said:

Never really grew up on the Final Fantasy games but many of my friends and loved ones adore the franchise. I'm glad majority fans are happy with the outcome from the looks of things.

It's certainly being more well received by fans than Resident Evil 3, which in my humble opinion is being slaughtered for many ludicrous reasons.

*Shocked you grabbed FFVII anyway @davillain-, recall you saying to wait for a P.C. version that was "complete". Seems you took a bite on that remake bullet, and dived in anyway. Temptation is a cruel mistress indeed. Now if only Tifa and Cloud join Iceborne, we can get you playing Monster Hunter.

That is true, I would've waited for the PC version but this happened. The Last of Us 2 got delay for who knows how long, TLOU2 was the only game I was super hype to play and now that its delay, FF7 Remake will have to fill in the void in its place. And plus, I did enjoy the demo beyond my expectations, so yeah, picking up FF7 Remake was a no brainer and worth every penny. In ways, I'm glad TLOU2 did get delay.

RE3 Remake, however. Two different game series despite they're both remakes, but if you want my honest opinion, FF7 Remake is more faithful to the original and its no wonder why it's getting well received and RE3 Remake is also great, but Capcom could have done more with it. I'm still playing RE3 Remake and I haven't finished the game myself.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
@davillain- said:

Capcom could have done more with it.

No question on that front, hoping it gets the same treatment as Resi2Remake, getting some free updates mentioned on the Resi3 thread(s) but that's wishful thinking, and not really a guarantee.

Have fun with your big RPG doods! Shame I cannot talk about it in proper, simply don't have time for every game, even one this beloved. Though hope it was worth the wait, and then some.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

I'm unsure how this episodic thing will work with new consoles coming out this year, especially for save files. You should just be able to upload to the cloud and redownload it on your PS5, but it's never that easy when it comes to Sony and the internet.

Plus, I kinda just want to wait until I can play through the whole thing back to back. This is how i did it with Tell Tale games as well. I'll forget what happened (at least, I 'll forget enough that I'll feel like I need to play the previous episode again), even when it's only a couple months apart, which it won't be for something this size.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#7 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@Ish_basic:

The whole thing back to back will end up being around 100 hours long, anyway. And besides that, Square Enix began to work immediately on FFVIIR part 2 soon after the first was one finished. So it's pretty clear that they're still using the same engine and resources from part 1 to make it. At any rate, they already told us that the project was cross-gen. So people will still be able to play through the entire saga on ps4 and ps5. That's the base case scenario, really.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RSM-HQ

The shotgun loving psychos at id Software are huge fans of Final Fantasy and came up with this tribute piece_

Dorian1x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dorian1x
Member since 2020 • 3 Posts

Final Fantasy 7 Remake is an awesome game if you want to watch it for yourself check out Dorian1x on Twitch twitch.tv/dorian1x tonight at 9pm pst 4-14

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@davillain-: I got the physical copy too. Love the deluxe edition.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

I just beat the game Tuesday. I absolutely loved it but I am a little concerned with the ending. FF stories are always a bit convoluted but that ending is confusing.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Absolutely love the original.

Finished the remake today and I’d give it a solid 8/10...for this game at least. Will have a solid opinion once and if I play the rest of the games whenever they’re released. For me I guess there’s a certain charm that the original had that just can’t be replicated. Maybe I’m just thinking with my nostalgia goggles on even though I played the original for the first time last year.

Played the majority of the remake on normal difficulty apart from the Hell House boss and Sephiroth fight. Had to switch to easy. Realised I wasn’t very well equipped with enough healing items.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

Gorgeous game i love it so far i have the digital deluxe version i hope part 2 coming until summer 2021