Finally called it quits on CoD.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Truvietplaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Truvietplaya
Member since 2003 • 659 Posts

I'm a proud owner of my PS4. I picked it up on it's midnight release at Gamestop with an extra controller. I didn't buy no games there though as amazon and target had specials going on. I have Killzone Shadow Fall as it's an exclusive title. I had to see what that's all about. Never was really a fan of the shooter but I got into it with Killzone Mercenaries on the vita. I also picked up Call of Duty Ghost, NBA 2k14 and Injustice. It was buy two get one free and also buy 3 get a $50 gift card but I did some exchanges and returns here and there and this is what I ended up with. Knack I heard had low reviews so I didn't pick that up and I never got into Assassin Creed. Yea.....I know I should try it right? Ok.......So CoD is my main FPS game but I got started with Halo but I hate how CoD reuses the same old formula. Nothing innovating like Killzone Shadow Fall. So I decided to sell my copy of CoD to another and decide to call it quits on the franchise for now. It is time to branch out back to my old ways of gaming. Games like Infamous, Sleeping Dogs, Grand Theft Auto, Watch Dogs and Dead Rising ( I know it's an xbone title but I just had to throw it in there cuz the game is fun. ) are the type of games I am into. But I do play competively online with shooters, sports and fighting games just not with CoD because it sucks up all my time........man I feel good now. I feel free lol.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

Welcome to the light side. I stopped playing after the first Modern Warfare. They were just recycling the same formula for more money and this became apparent after the second MW.

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Zijuun
Member since 2013 • 95 Posts

Good going man. I'm proud of you for picking up quality titles!

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I pretty much picked up every ps4 launch title besides Ghosts and Knack.

Battlefield is the only war game I play these days.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

I picked up Ghosts, have no regrets. I find very little innovation in most FPS games, even Killzone Shadow Fall. It's sort of become the standard to hate on the COD series but I play it for some dumb multiplayer fun. Nothing wrong with that.

Nobody can tell me I am doing something wrong, I play a large variety of video games ranging from Hitman 2 Silent Assassin to The Sims 3 and everything in between.

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Zijuun

@marcheegsr said:

Good for you. Which do you prefer if you had to pick, Killzone Shadow Fall or Battlefield 4?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#7 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Good for you.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By marcheegsr

@zijuun said:

@marcheegsr said:

Good for you. Which do you prefer if you had to pick, Killzone Shadow Fall or Battlefield 4?

Killzone for Single player, BF4 for multiplayer. Overall I think BF4 is better. But Killzone looks amazing.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

Killzone is like that hot chic you smash and can overlook her flaws because she looks so damn good.

Battlefield is that chic you give more of a hard time because of your high expectations.

COD is that chic that taught you how to tongue kiss way back in the day on some 'show me yours and I'll show you mine' type of shit. Eventually you grew up and moved on to better things but you still remember her name.

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Zijuun

@marcheegsr said:

@zijuun said:

@marcheegsr said:

Killzone for Single player, BF4 for multiplayer. Overall I think BF4 is better. But Killzone looks amazing.

Thanks bro'. My thoughts exactly.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 marcheegsr

@HipHopBeats said:

Killzone is like that hot chic you smash and can overlook her flaws because she looks so damn good.

Battlefield is that chic you give more of a hard time because of your high expectations.

COD is that chic that taught you how to tongue kiss way back in the day on some 'show me yours and I'll show you mine' type of shit. Eventually you grew up and moved on to better things but you still remember her name.

lol so true

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

Always makes me laugh when you see the giant circle jerk among COD haters. Wash your hands at least before touching the keyboard everybody.

b4il

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By b4il
Member since 2013 • 115 Posts

i haven't played a cod title since the first black ops, but looking at ghosts it still looks exactly the same.

so, i want to switch to battlefield as well, regarding the gameplay videos it seems pretty great. can someone tell me if there are fast paced modes in bf4? i really enjoy running around on the ground on a nice map. or is every mode like 5minutes of searching until you finally see an enemy? (i want to pick up the next-gen version, 64 players sound massive!)

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

CoD Ghost is such a big let down , freaking unoptimized shit with nothin new 2 offer....

@HipHopBeats said:

Damn this is EPIC! LMAO!

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#15  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts

@HipHopBeats said:

Best post I've seen in a while.

BARRICADE_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By BARRICADE_28
Member since 2004 • 154 Posts

I still like the COD franchise but yes it's getting repetitive, but I'm lucky that I've been smart enough to have not bought each iteration every year and not play the game thousands of hours a year like some people. I picked up Modern Warfare and MW2, great games, but skipped World at War. Black Ops 1 was fun, & I picked up MW3 but it sucked so I quickly sold it. I skipped Black Ops 2 and will probably skip Ghosts based on mediocre reviews, and will buy a future COD game if the multiplayer is tight. Maybe if I get bored I'll pick up Black Ops 2 for my COD online kick.

The Battlefield franchise is a shame, it has so much potential and could dethrone COD if done really right, but they just can't seem to put it all together into that BF game we've all been dreaming about.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#17 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

#While I've never been an FPS fan, my husband used to love CoD back when it was a WWII shooter (remember those days?) he played number 3 on his 360 when he first got it but when Modern Warfare came out, he had switched to PC because of a group of friends who had their own server but ask any PC gamer how Infinity Ward messed up the dedicated server system of MW2 and you'll hear tons of rage and disgust. After this his group switched to Battlefield which they liked better because it had vehicles and just started with BF4. He did play MW3 on the PS3 because his coworkers were all playing it but lost interest quickly. He did play Black Ops for a short time on his PC server but now, CoD is no longer on his radar. I asked him if his PC group had any interest and he said no. The doggie and swimming fish wasn't enough to excite them. His coworkers were going on about getting PS4s to play CoD:Ghosts but now he'd rather just stick to PC shooters.

He's also one of these who hates that the single player mode gets the shaft to focus on multiplayer but at least he had stuff like Spec Ops: The Line and 2 of the 3 Bioshock games to make up for that (no one counts Bioshock 2).

Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

I bought Ghosts, first COD in years for me. I got sick of the game years ago, had to stop because of all the reskins :P So I don't think I've played since Black Ops 1 but I won't lie I am really enjoying Ghosts. I'm going to wait till I get my PS4 till I play the campaign for it though, same with BF4.

TF626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TF626
Member since 2010 • 593 Posts

I like Call of Duty, I find the campaign always a thrill, multiplayer is ok, but I am an avid zombies fan.

It's pretty hard to innovate the FPS genre, but I can also see how people don't like COD. All a matter of opinion.