PRINCESSMAGICAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PRINCESSMAGICAL
Member since 2004 • 43 Posts

Is anyone knowledgable on Blitzball? I have the switch version and the Jecht Shot just appeared when I was playing for the first time (for real, not when first in Luca) on Switch after getting to Calm Lands, I was using it but the next day when I started, Jecht Shot isn't there. On PS2, I didn't have to do the Kilika boat to get it. Can't I get it from the league? I can't do the inputs in Kilika boat, I'm not good but I was able to get Jecht Shot and Jecht Shot 2 on PS2 from just doing the league and tournament.

I want to clarify that when I had Jecht Shot on Switch, it wasn't a techcopy I learned, I just had the shot and was using it. But the difference now between the PS2 and Switch is the PS2 version never had me have Jecht Shot and then disappear but that's what's happened on Switch. Tidus' Blitzball level is 20 now on my Switch game and all that's showing now is Sphere Shot and other regular shots. I don't understand why I had Jecht Shot at level 2 and 3 and then I lose it after turning the game off.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 10471 Posts

@PRINCESSMAGICAL: for Jecht Shot you have to do the boat QTE event. You can go back to do it anytime you like after you get the airship. Dont think its important if ur on Switch as there is no trophy support even if you complete the quest and you can win all match easily and use the behind keeper glitch (also recruit Brother, that guy is a beast of a player and nimrook is best keeper). Heck I got Wakka's weapon first before I even bothered to go back and get the Jecht Shot Trophy.

Avatar image for PRINCESSMAGICAL
PRINCESSMAGICAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PRINCESSMAGICAL

@sakaixx: Then how come on PS2 I got Jecht Shot without doing the Kilika boat thing? I can't do the input commands.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sakaiXx

@PRINCESSMAGICAL: you probably steal a tech or game just glitched. You need to do the kilika ferry to unlock it and for jecht shot 2 you will need to unlock all Tidus abilities before you can equip it.

PRINCESSMAGICAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PRINCESSMAGICAL

@sakaixx: This whole thing makes no sense to me. In both the PS2 and Switch versions I've failed the boat input commands but had Jecht Shot when I finally played Blitzball long after in the storyline and on my Switch, I was using it when Tidus was level 2 and 3. Then I turn my game off and the next day when I turn on my Switch game, the Jecht Shot wasn't there and has been gone since. Why did I have it at level 2 and 3 but now it's gone?

Is it possible to Tech copy or win Jecht Shot as a prize in the league or tournament?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sakaiXx

@PRINCESSMAGICAL: as I said the game probably glitched on you. The only way most know is to complete the minigame. I dont think anyone else in game knows the tech either. Is it that important though the blitzball minigame is pretty easy once you figure out what stat does and there is not much incentive to get it if ur on switch.

PRINCESSMAGICAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PRINCESSMAGICAL

@sakaixx: I want to have it like I did on PS2. I love using the Jecht Shot 2 especially. And on PS2, after many failed attempts on the boat, at end game, the Jecht Shot just appeared in my abilities and then I got the other abilities to get Jecht Shot 2. I just want to have those shots. I like using them. If you know anyone else that's really experienced with Blitzball, whether online or real life, can you ask about my issue? I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sakaiXx

@PRINCESSMAGICAL: seems like reddit is your best friend.