Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 21718 Posts

I played the FF7 demo and I thought it was ok. It's a very basic action JRPG template with a FF7 makeover, which is fine, and exactly what I expected.

What are you people's opinions on the demo, if you played it?

SBan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 SBan83
Member since 2019 • 70 Posts

I'd never played any of the FF games before and my JRPG experience extends to just Fire Emblem Heroes on mobile but I enjoyed it.

I wonder if some of the opening and ending cutscenes are CGI movies? They just look incredible, like something out of a movie like Alita: Battle Angel.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9111 Posts

Have a few on my friends list raving about it for both its visuals and how faithful it is nostalgically.

To me that's not very interesting as care for neither those aspects in my games. However if that's what Final Fantasy fans wanted? I hope it delivered.

Plus rarely play demos of games I have absolutely zero interest in.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e83c14458072
deactivated-5e83c14458072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 deactivated-5e83c14458072
Member since 2006 • 2727 Posts

The boss battle was great. Lots of different mechanics to take into account, and it also has these different phases where you have to change strategies. I liked the dialogue during battles, or little details such as barret singing the fanfare theme after some encounters.

These guys absulutely suck at level design though. It's just FFXIII bad. All these linear corridors with almost nothing to interact with except for a few pretty obvious and conviniently placed chests. The laser section was boring and unoriginal as hell. Just make a guard drop a key to a hidden room where I can find something exciting, idk. It doesn't have to be bigger. I hope the final game rewards exploration and is not as linear during "story" sections.

Voice acting is decent except for Barret. Optional dialogue is bad. It looks absolutely gorgeous, especially the animations.

Flyin3lvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Flyin3lvl
Member since 2013 • 2845 Posts

the text box for the ui helath / mp could be a bit bigger, had a little trouble tracking health

weirdly on occasion slip on the x bottom couple times hitting square

staggered lifted from 13 compact flows like crisis core

rose tinted glasses on looking forward to more

crisis core needs a port. those lengthy cut scenes wasnt good for hand held.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 41130 Posts

Not playing the demo and I'm actually waiting for the complete bundle edition anyways for the PC version. Sorry but I have zero interest playing FF7 Remake day one and I still own the original game on PSX. Final Fantasy games have always been a hit or a miss.

Edit: 2 of my PSN pals convince me to try it out at the very least as to what I think and here's my opinion:

Gotta say it started just like FFVII my nostalgia was like OMG, I enjoyed it. The sound was great, combat on Normal was good, obviously, the visuals are great, the game felt super easy, and it crashed in the middle of the Scorpion boss fight. The game somehow makes Barret even more unlikeable for me but Cloud is fine. Jesse is hella thirsty, Aerith was beautiful, Biggs and Wedge look so young. I don't know why I thought they were much older in the original game?

Writing is bad but the VAs do what they can, so no fault to that. FF7 Remake is going to have tons of hallways that interrupt with cutscenes. Admittedly beautiful cutscenes, but something about it grates even though FF7 did the same thing back in the day and it didn't bother me one bit. A 8/10 and I went in low expectations. Having said that, has it change my mind to pick it up soon? Let us just say I'm coming around. But it needs to be on a sale between $40 or lower on PS4 and who knows when the PC version comes out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e83c14458072
deactivated-5e83c14458072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By deactivated-5e83c14458072
Member since 2006 • 2727 Posts

@davillain-: FF games were never a hit or miss before XIII. The hell? The quality had always been pretty consistent.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#8 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2399 Posts

I enjoyed what I saw/played of it. Didn’t complete the demo as me and my sister were having trouble getting past the boss just after you plant the bomb. It’s fine but I had trouble with the combat at times. Wasn’t using block enough which required me to use a bunch of potions up during the fight but oh well.

I’m going to buy the games on the PS5 as I’ve given my PS4 to her. Not in any real rush to play them either. I love the original. Hopefully the remake games don’t take away the experience. Just elevate it even more.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 29715 Posts

Haven’t played it myself, don’t have a PS4, but have watched some gameplay of it and my god does game look absolutely amazing. I loved the original from back in the day and seeing how they’ve crafted this for the new hardware is stunning. I’m waiting for the Xbox One or Xbox Series X version and so can’t wait to play it.

redphoenix80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 redphoenix80
Member since 2019 • 35 Posts

I never thought 7 was a very good FF game to begin with. I'm not excited at all. I hated 15. The last one I really liked overall was FF10. I heard there is a new battle or upgrade system? I'm not sure if this will make the game better or not. I have never really understood why this is most people's favorite FF game.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Black_Knight_00

@Arkhalipso said:

These guys absulutely suck at level design though. It's just FFXIII bad. All these linear corridors with almost nothing to interact with except for a few pretty obvious and conviniently placed chests. The laser section was boring and unoriginal as hell. Just make a guard drop a key to a hidden room where I can find something exciting, idk. It doesn't have to be bigger. I hope the final game rewards exploration and is not as linear during "story" sections.

Voice acting is decent except for Barret. Optional dialogue is bad. It looks absolutely gorgeous, especially the animations.

Agreed, though to be fair that's exactly how the intro area was in the original, so it kind of had to be linear. I actually expect the final game to be all like that, but it could surprise me and be more open ended.

Also yeah, Barret is pretty terrible, he's every heavy-handed stereotype of the african man from every Japanese game, and a buffoon on top of that. They're not aiming for subtlety, that much is clear.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 1748 Posts

@redphoenix80: what is your favorite FF?

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R-Gamer

@Black_Knight_00: That's how Barrett was in the Original so I don't see the problem.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R-Gamer

I honestly loved it... I'm going to pre-order a physical copy. The combat was fun and the game looked absolutely stunning. So as huge FF7 fan this is pretty much exactly what I wanted so far.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@r-gamer said:

@Black_Knight_00: That's how Barrett was in the Original so I don't see the problem.

I know, but every character was a super deformed caricature with no voice acting in the original. This comes off a bit on the nose. Your mileage may vary.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 R-Gamer

@Black_Knight_00: Yea some people may ge offended by him but I I always loved Barrett. The friendship him and Cloud develop later was pretty cool too.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 8872 Posts

gorgeous i love it i cant wait for next month

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#19 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2399 Posts

Completed it just then. Was much easier this time around. Maybe it was because I was the one playing instead of my sister. ;) Thoroughly enjoyed it. Can’t wait.

lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lozengez
Member since 2011 • 490 Posts

Dig your avatar, Dude. Is Psygnosis still around?

redphoenix80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 redphoenix80
Member since 2019 • 35 Posts

@r-gamer: Hmm.. I really liked 8 but also 10.